ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #16
ehatcher
Hello? Is this thing on?

Oddometer: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizze
But unlike children, there is no looking forward to seeing what is bent/broken/scratched/ripped/torn from the mounts when they rise from that nap.
Oh yeah, my shifter after the "nap"....ummmm...see pic...

This is not what I thought Touratech meant by "folding" shift lever

Eric
"Mostly the animals understand their roles, but man, by comparison, seems troubled by a message that he cannot quite remember or has gotten wrong. Bereft of instinct, he must search continually for meanings." Loren Eiseley

ehatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:47 AM   #17
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark5PA
This happens to me every december. Nice summer & fall of riding, then the real crap weather sets in, and I get major crabby. All it takes is one day in the 40's of riding to make me happy happy. Watch, the first day like this, everyone will be riding and posting happy happy.
Til then, you all suck. I'm ready to punch santa in the throat. (yea, I'm in retail).

One thing that did make me feel a tad better is deciding to go to the ICE ralley in State Collage, Febuary. Sounded like a really stupid thing to do, so I'm in.

Hope this thread petters off, so we can get back to the regular BS on PA ToR.
Mark, Count me in on this. I think it will be fun. Are you going for the ADV thing? Or the other festivities that weekend in State College? This might inspure me to put tires on the RatMax. I wonder if I can get street knobbies for my VMax. I will start studding the tires now.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #18
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Crap, I have a house full of sick people. And it looks like they finally got me....
Old 12-21-2009, 06:34 PM   #19
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC
Mark, Count me in on this. I think it will be fun. Are you going for the ADV thing? Or the other festivities that weekend in State College? This might inspure me to put tires on the RatMax. I wonder if I can get street knobbies for my VMax. I will start studding the tires now.

I'm going for the ADV ICE gathering. I'm a Mansfield U alum. The PSU partys tend to get a bit over the top. But a bunch of liquered up ADVers sounds like fun.

I'm not as hard core as some (you), so I probably will be hauling the bike down in the van, do a little riding there. I can get at least 4 bikes in my van (Sprinter), if you want to toss the Big Wheel, err TW in, and have some fun. Maybe DirtyM and a few other NE inmates will need a shuttle.

Hope you and the family feel better soon.

Endless Mountains,PA
Mark5PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:49 AM   #20
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark5PA
I'm going for the ADV ICE gathering. I'm a Mansfield U alum. The PSU partys tend to get a bit over the top. But a bunch of liquered up ADVers sounds like fun.

I'm not as hard core as some (you), so I probably will be hauling the bike down in the van, do a little riding there. I can get at least 4 bikes in my van (Sprinter), if you want to toss the Big Wheel, err TW in, and have some fun. Maybe DirtyM and a few other NE inmates will need a shuttle.

Hope you and the family feel better soon.
My Sons Birthday is Feb 19th. So I will be blowing off the first day. Come the next morning weather permiting. If you have a free spot. Maybe I will come back with you and I will take the mighty tw. If its nice, I will take the RatMax and plan the round trip. It all depends on time , space and weather...... I need a the TARDIS.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #21
Cruiser
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,348
My Christmas present to myself should be here Thursday!! A nice new flywheel puller,, maybe then I can go out and play.. I've been screwing around with the quad in the neighborhood the last couple weeks.. Thats only fun for so long...
97 GG 250ec-for sale,, just email me if interested
Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #22
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

I don't want to sound like a party pooper. But I wish this holiday was over. I wanna go ride. But getting ready for christmas and having the kids home has left me locked up.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:00 PM   #23
Cruiser
Beastly Adventurer

I gots my flywheel puller,, working on my basement remodel has the bike on the back burner,, and all the snow helps,, but its getting closer to done.. should be hanging drywall be end of next week.. and then back to the bike.. The wood stove is in and kickin..
Old 01-02-2010, 07:41 AM   #24
mrxinpa
Just Get Out and Ride !!!

Oddometer: 1,547
Well Christmas was really good to me and the wifey this year.

Marcus Riley Lax
Born 12/4/2009 8lb1oz 21"long
Mom and baby are healthy and Happy. Then we came across an 03KTM 450 EXC at our local dealer. (671miles) just a day or so after Christmas and the Wifey says .. Hey you deserve it go goet it. We it was more like PLEASE, I LOVE YOU . PLEAAAASEE and non stop whinning until she gave in.

So Steve.. Once you get that Flywheel all back togeher get ahold of me and lets do some riding in the area.

Jeff

mrxinpa screwed with this post 01-02-2010 at 07:50 AM
mrxinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #25
Cruiser
Beastly Adventurer

Congrats on both new bundles of joy!! and It should be done soon.. running outlets and wire tonight,, hoping monday night or tuesday to be spraying the foam insulation and if all is back in order I'll have a good excuse to go out for a ride!!
Old 01-02-2010, 05:01 PM   #26
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

It's 11 degrees now. But at least it's windy. Finally getting ready to start some work on the bikes.
At the bike shop ordering some parts. Which one of you inmates knows Dave Jennings? He told me about a nut that has rode all over the country, and then some! Said this guy knows me from some discussion group. That you DurtyM?

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 01-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #27
Cruiser
Beastly Adventurer

I'm friends with Dave but it wasn't me he was refering to,,,but since I haven't been to his shop in some time could you tell him Steve Cruise with the GasGas said hi and I'll stop up soon to see how he's doing.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:22 AM   #28
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Sure will.

Endless Mountains,PA
Old 01-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #29
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

WooHoo!!!!
After a few days of playing, I finally got my heated vest working. THe controller was spent. I went to order one online and saw how simple it was and decided to get the parts from radio shack and make it myself. Heat again!!!! It has not worked since the 90's. Time to ride again if I ever get my keys back from the wife......
Old 01-06-2010, 06:13 PM   #30
greasyboy
cur·mudg·eon

Oddometer: 1,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC
WooHoo!!!!
After a few days of playing, I finally got my heated vest working. THe controller was spent. I went to order one online and saw how simple it was and decided to get the parts from radio shack and make it myself. Heat again!!!! It has not worked since the 90's. Time to ride again if I ever get my keys back from the wife......
I got extras hidden in the garage!!
greasyboy is offline   Reply With Quote