ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #10801
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O View Post
Those of us on the Jap bikes should be good....thanks for the offer.

Just for that it's a $2 per mile premium.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #10802
BroncoDave
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_o View Post
those of us on the jap bikes should be good....thanks for the offer.

+1 I do free jap crap $100 min German
BroncoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:44 PM   #10803
Al Tuna
PUI... Deal with it

Oddometer: 12,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O View Post
Those of us on the Jap bikes should be good....thanks for the offer.

What is this dealership thing they speak of???

Nice Sig.

Under construction
Al Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #10804
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Oddometer: 3,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
Hermys blows. Enuf said. Fuck them.

I am clear for Saturday. Dan wanna meet Saturday and ride together? I will do my best to keep up.
I figured we could meet at hermy's...

what you got in mind, If you wanna meet down this way somewhere fairly early we could take our tyme and make a day ride out of it.

I'd just like to get there before dark or shortly after...
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #10805
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,520
Hey Roger, were you working outside today?
madmaximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #10806
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
I figured we could meet at hermy's...

what you got in mind, If you wanna meet down this way somewhere fairly early we could take our tyme and make a day ride out of it.

I'd just like to get there before dark or shortly after...
I can meet at Hermy's. Give me a time, I will be there. I never pass up a chance to take the KLR to a BMW shop.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #10807
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum View Post
Hey Roger, were you working outside today?
No, I was stuck behind a desk.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #10808
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I have heard some bad reports on Kissell motorsports the BMW dealer in State College, but Hermys has me about pissed off enough to give them a shot.

Beantop and his 911 have diagnosed my f800 with a bad fuel pump.
Hermys has a deal going where they will pick up your bike for service within 100 miles. I called them several weeks ago and they said they would give me a call back on when they could pick it up. No one ever called so I called today and was told we can pick it up, but we have to have another bike in the area to make it worth it.
I told them well if you pick it up I am having the fuel pump fixed and a full $service done that is well overdue.
So I said I will just make an appointment and bring the bike out myself, but I am only getting the fuel issue fixed while I am there because I am not making another 4 hour round trip to pick the bike up.
He says well I can't do it while you wait because I don't want to order a fuel pump is that isn't what it is... I told him we checked the control module and that wasn't it and again said the gs911 says it's the fuel pump....
Anyway Kissell is like 30 minutes from my house and I feel like Hermys is dickin me around.
EDIT they must be reading adv.... he called me back and said sure we can do that on a saturday just let me know when!!

That's not the service I've ever gotten there, i'm not sticking up for them, but they've always treated me good, and If I ever had a problem hermy took care of it ASAP. I can kinda see there point about waiting on a repair for an out of stock part (wich is unlikely for them), But Maybe they cater more towards the 1200GS, It's prolly there top selling bike. they may not want to have a high dollar part just laying around on the shelf hoping some one will need it soon. If in fact it turns out not to be the fuel pump. If some one called my shop and said a friend of thiers said it's this problem I would be a little skepticle too. After all they don't know your friend, for all they know your friend could be a complete imbisill (hell he can't even spell it correctly). Again I am not sticking up for hermy's but just giving you another view why they may be a little weary. They cant make much money running all over PA picing up bikes for a living. They may just be figuring most people won't be riding in the winter months therfore speed of service is not the importance. They prolly tryng what they have to to just get the werk.

kinda just the same reason you don't want to get the pump and do it your self, cause if it turns out not to be the pump, then your out the money and still gotta spend more cash to get the problem resolved. I'm sure if they had the parts in stock or it it was a low dollar part they would have no problem getting the part in advance and letting you wait while the repair it.

If you feel confident it'd the fuel pump and you wanna order it, we can put it in...
They are pretty easy to do with no special tools, but if we put the pump in the tank you own it.

In your defensce, I don't see why they couldn't have the pump on hand (just in case it is the pump) and repair it while you wait, after all if they can determin it's not the fuel pump and don't install it they could keep it in stock or return it back for a credit. The only way we would know for sure is to put it in the tank and then I don't blame them for not taking back after it soaked in fuel.

just another piont of view on your situation..

I didn't think hermy's was that far from you, Maybe you would be better going to the closer shop.

no offenc to you, you were just stating you opinion, Just as I was.
after all you may think someone is the best thing on earth, and I may have nothing but problems dealing with that same person

I hope you get you bike back on the road soon, especially since the weather has been so unusually war for december. I can see your discust for being bikeless for some of the best riding weater of the winter... I was going crazy with out my bike for the weeks it was down...
Hi Connie

beantop screwed with this post 12-04-2012 at 03:37 PM
Old 12-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #10809
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Has anyone stayed here before? Will it be like a hotel? Or do I need to pack a sleeping bag and crap. It will be nice just riding and not packing a bunch of crap. A single bag with my CPAP and dry clothes will be a nice change.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #10810
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

That may be the longest post I have ever seen from you beantop lol

I guess from what I understand of the gs911 is that is reads the codes the bike gives puts out. So I assume when they hook it up it to whatever computer they use it will still give the same code-fuel pump error. Since we checked the controller I am not sure what else that code could mean.
I always get good help/service from Daryl and Hermy, but the last couple times Ive called I talked to someone called Ed. I think he may have talked to one fo them because when he called me back he was like bring it out whenever you can and we will take care of it... he even offered to get the part to do it this saturday,, kind of a complete about face....I told him next saturday would be fine.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #10811
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 13,412
Sleep in Santa suit.

Done.

There that was easy. rink
Old 12-04-2012, 03:51 PM   #10812
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Agreed
Old 12-04-2012, 03:52 PM   #10813
markcap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikehigh View Post
LOL, this is nothing, Dennis. I lived through the Mike McCormick and Marion Campbell eras.
You forgot to mention, Kotite
"NO cookie cutter answers"

Hey BH, glad you ok. That was a nasty spill. How far you figure you flew past the SUV? Do you remember braking and or hitting the car?
markcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:22 PM   #10814
Bikehigh
Not Dead Yet

Oddometer: 3,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcap View Post
Hey BH, glad you ok. That was a nasty spill. How far you figure you flew past the SUV? Do you remember braking and or hitting the car?
Pretty sure I ended up near the corner by Heather's Tribute, so not more than 30 feet. I remember seeing the Mercedes, grabbing the clutch and brake, and that's it. I didn't even have time to think, "This is gonna hurt!" Or if I did, I don't remember it.
Bikehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM   #10815
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
That may be the longest post I have ever seen from you beantop lol

I guess from what I understand of the gs911 is that is reads the codes the bike gives puts out. So I assume when they hook it up it to whatever computer they use it will still give the same code-fuel pump error. Since we checked the controller I am not sure what else that code could mean.
I always get good help/service from Daryl and Hermy, but the last couple times Ive called I talked to someone called Ed. I think he may have talked to one fo them because when he called me back he was like bring it out whenever you can and we will take care of it... he even offered to get the part to do it this saturday,, kind of a complete about face....I told him next saturday would be fine.

yes the GS-911 reads the codes stored in the on bike computer, Thats how we came up with you odo milage. seems pretty cut and dry that it's the fuel pump, but I don't have 50 years expirience werking on bikes as does hermy's. I'm glad they agreed to get you fixed up. I had a similar thing happen to me untill hermy himself got on the fone and made it right in less than a minute. By making it right doesn't always mean "the customer is always correct", but comming to a conclusion that both parties will be satisfied. I hope they get you fixed up quickly. then you'll have tyme to run down to Frostburg, MD and get the truck and trailer on they way back home on sunday
Hi Connie