ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #13126
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 2,940
I might have to take the bike on a shake down cruise to the ICE RALLY
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #13127
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
I just got done putting a torsion spring on my Doohickey,I had the Eagle Mike upgrade but i had the tension spring on it. I have 37,000 mi on it so i thought i'd open it up to have a look see and while i had it opened up i figured i'd up grade to the torsion spring. Everything inside looks as good as the day i bought it. Now to change the fork oil and change the coolant.
Did you check your air filter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
I might have to take the bike on a shake down cruise to the ICE RALLY
I'll talk to LULU, maybe you can stay wit us...

PS. Did i tell you I got new shox for my bike.
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #13128
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,712
I got out for a while. Tried out the still pic feature on the contour... ended up with 1500 pictures

rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:59 PM   #13129
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 12,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I got out for a while. Tried out the still pic feature on the contour... ended up with 1500 pictures
That's pretty cool.

We have a go-pro i have to start using.
We bought it together,Ellen using it SCUBA diving and me while on the bikes.
So far it's only been in the water.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:02 PM   #13130
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I got out for a while. Tried out the still pic feature on the contour... ended up with 1500 pictures


Did the hand grip fix werk....

are you going to the Ice rally next weekend..
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843916
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #13131
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 2,940
[QUOTE=beantop;20694617]Did you check your air filter....


Funny you say that,i ordered a new one when i ordered my DOOHICKY(i like sayin' that) parts!
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #13132
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro0125 View Post
That's pretty cool.

We have a go-pro i have to start using.
We bought it together,Ellen using it SCUBA diving and me while on the bikes.
So far it's only been in the water.
I had the very first version of the GoPro, but it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere in Mexico.

Maybe some lucky fisherman has it by now.


Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie bolted View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
Did you check your air filter....

Funny you say that,i ordered a new one when i ordered my DOOHICKY(i like sayin' that) parts!
WTF is a DooHickey (~LD)...
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #13133
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
has anyone heard from Jeff-b Lately....
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 PM   #13134
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..
 
enduro0125's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: Orchard Park,NY
Oddometer: 12,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
I had the very first version of the GoPro, but it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere in Mexico.

Maybe some lucky fisherman has it by now.
Somehow I'm not surprised.
__________________
AMA 487807A
enduro0125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #13135
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,712
I have it set to the quickest interval... thinking if I see something deer.. bear whatever I will want as many pics as I can get....

The grip fix.... well at first I thought I made it worse then the last hour of the ride it seemed fine....so not sure the fix did anything. I will have them look at it/replace if necessary the next time it is in for service.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #13136
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrog View Post
I have it set to the quickest interval... thinking if I see something deer.. bear whatever I will want as many pics as I can get....

The grip fix.... well at first I thought I made it worse then the last hour of the ride it seemed fine....so not sure the fix did anything. I will have them look at it/replace if necessary the next time it is in for service.

Did you tyr to re-solder the joint...
I thought I saw that even if it looks good, there is still no continuity. If you want we can try to solder it agin, I'm prety good at soldering...

or if you just want to get the part we can install it.
I'm waiting for mine to fail in the near future..
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:49 PM   #13137
eddie bolted
BOING!!!
 
eddie bolted's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: st. clair pa.
Oddometer: 2,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
I had the very first version of the GoPro, but it's at the bottom of the ocean somewhere in Mexico.

Maybe some lucky fisherman has it by now.




WTF is a DooHickey (~LD)...

It's a KLR thing....you wouldn't understand!
__________________
If it stops raining now, i'll be pissed!(BEANTOP)
eddie bolted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #13138
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer
 
rockinrog's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Central PA
Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
Did you tyr to re-solder the joint...
I thought I saw that even if it looks good, there is still no continuity. If you want we can try to solder it agin, I'm prety good at soldering...

or if you just want to get the part we can install it.
I'm waiting for mine to fail in the near future..
The 1 I did... the bottom one ... it looked like the wire was on top of the solder. I melted it and then added some over top.....My hand didn't freeze so has to be working some.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #13139
Jeff B
I apologize
 
Jeff B's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: SW PA.
Oddometer: 5,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantop View Post
has anyone heard from Jeff-b Lately....
I heard he was out riding his bike today. About 4 hours or so w/in a 25 mi radius.

Stopped for a spicy half rack and a Guinness.
Jeff B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 PM   #13140
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced
 
beantop's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Enola, PA N40*16.790-W76*56.079
Oddometer: 3,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
I heard he was out riding his bike today. About 4 hours or so w/in a 25 mi radius.

Stopped for a spicy half rack and a Guinness.
Now you Know I have new shox and need a test ride...
__________________
Dan B.
Thanx for your Tyme, Have a Great Day
'00 KTM 640 LC4(yugo) '05 BMW R1200GS(cadillac)
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014