ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #13561
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Damnit, I should have listened to Anthony from Revzilla... He recommended getting the Gerbings dual heat troller, but all I was wearing was gloves, so I saved $30 and got the single. I recently got some insoles and now my feet are burning and my hands are comfortable... Or my hands are cold and my feet are comfortable. That's what I get for being a cheapskate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COorbust View Post
Hey there you Eastern PA BS'ers!

I live next door in NJ and just bought a new-to-me '09 Husky TE610 !!!

Anyway, I'll be lookin' to take her out on some dirt, gravel, ATV trails, whatever I can find round these here parts...

I am quite sure it's been covered elsewhere, but what are the rules about riding a plated, insured, etc. DS bike in the State Parks? Are there forest/gravel roads, etc. that are available and legal? Private OHV/ATV, etc. parks?

I'm open to any-and-all thoughts and questions...

Thanks, BS'ers!
Go to coal country (Shamokin, Centralia, Ashland, etc.), there are more trails than you could imagine out there. I really need to get another dirt machine...

I don't know what the rules technically are, but no one gives a shit about riding out there on old mining land.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #13562
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,627
Yeah
Dual controllers are good. Beantop will now post about wireless controllers. And how they Rock. Or you can swing by and I will show you mine.

http://www.warmnsafe.com/dual-remote...-heat-troller/
Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #13563
CO-or-bust
Wobbly Barn

Oddometer: 166
Thumb On Trails in Eastern PA

In response to my earlier question about gettin' a little dirty in Eastern PA, MrX said,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxinpa View Post
"... go out to Central Pa and hit some of the large Pa State Forests as you mentioned."
Good stuff MrX. Me and two other guys rode out to the Grand Canyon of PA and all up and around that area two years ago, on my street bike and LOVED it. Great sweeping and twisty roads, along rivers and creeks. Found a sweet campground. Lots o' fun. Have that area on my target list for my new Husky, but that really involves a long weekend from where I am in north Jersey. Especially if I'm gonna be explorin' some dirt!

Though difficult(!), I'm trying to target some places a littler closer... I had heard about the "Lost Trails" area, and someone on here mentioned it too. I'll have to check that one out.

Also from MrX:
Quote:
"Check out the East Coast Enduro Association website for upcoming events. Enter the DS Class or as a C Rider. Show up the day of the event so your on a back row and ride it like a trail ride.
Another great idea that I will definitely follow-up on...

Thanks and a few others who responded too.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #13564
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 3,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC View Post
Yeah
Dual controllers are good. Beantop will now post about wireless controllers. And how they Rock. Or you can swing by and I will show you mine.

Oh no, not another thing that costs money that I want to buy! I just had to put a new chain and sprockets on my bike last night, I bought the insoles, and I bought a Scottoiler. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to make due with my single troller for the rest of this winter... Either that or tell UGI to go fuck themselves and I'll pay them next month. Maybe next year...

Maybe I'll just run my gloves straight to the battery and use the single troller for my insoles...

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #13565
NachoRoto OP
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,627
Understood. Winter is over. Save the pennies for next season.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #13566
enduro0125
Sticks and Stones™..

Oddometer: 12,672
Op.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:45 PM   #13567
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,290
On my 3.5 mile hike yesterday ..
There be a flock of Robins here..
And now I have Snow on the ground

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:01 AM   #13568
Rich667
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Go to coal country (Shamokin, Centralia, Ashland, etc.), there are more trails than you could imagine out there. I really need to get another dirt machine...

I don't know what the rules technically are, but no one gives a shit about riding out there on old mining land.

There are several different land owners, Reading Anthracite owns alot,which you are supposed to purchase a $50 pass to ride there. (no one i know ever has bought one or ever been hassled) other areas were part of the proposed Anthracite Outdoor Adventure Area which I believe is closed to any riding at this point and you can be charged with trespassing etc. I dont know anyone who has been hassled but its supposed to be patrolled. If you stick to the RAC areas you should be just fine.
Rich667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:11 AM   #13569
beantop
Remember, Safty Forced

Oddometer: 3,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by max384 View Post
Damnit, I should have listened to Anthony from Revzilla... He recommended getting the Gerbings dual heat troller, but all I was wearing was gloves, so I saved $30 and got the single. I recently got some insoles and now my feet are burning and my hands are comfortable... Or my hands are cold and my feet are comfortable. That's what I get for being a cheapskate.

Quote:
Yeah

yep, get the wireles one..

Quote:
Oh no, not another thing that costs money that I want to buy! I just had to put a new chain and sprockets on my bike last night, I bought the insoles, and I bought a Scottoiler. Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to make due with my single troller for the rest of this winter... Either that or tell UGI to go fuck themselves and I'll pay them next month. Maybe next year...

Maybe I'll just run my gloves straight to the battery and use the single troller for my insoles...
you already effed up once by not taking someones advice, dont do it again.
we all ride, we know what werks and what we like. we all already tried the crap and now we got the good stuff. and dont "cheap out" and save a few pennies, it will cost more in the long run when you end up gettin the daul controller later.

Quote:

Quote:
Understood. Winter is over. Save the pennies for next season.

good point Dennis, save you money (well spend it on somthing else), Maybe somthing newer and better will be out by next winter.. Hell Maybe BMW will come out with a Geo-thermal GS that pulls heat directly from the earth and transmits it directly to you body... But it will prolly be a litle bit pricey..
Hi Connie
Peaceful Valley MY ASS (Eddie Bolted)
beantop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:58 AM   #13570
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 2,939
Me and BEANTOP are going to the MD RTE this weekend then camping at SCOTTY P's,anyone else?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #13571
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 14,146
That sounds like fun. Tell Scott I said
Old 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #13572
eddie bolted
BOING!!!

Oddometer: 2,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_O View Post
That sounds like fun. Tell Scott I said
Will do!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #13573
GrimeTime
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Dennis and beantop. How long do the batteries last in the wireless part? I need a dual.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 AM   #13574
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimeTime View Post
Dennis and beantop. How long do the batteries last in the wireless part? I need a dual.
A long time. I think they recommend changing them each year, but I can't remember when I last changed mine.
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 AM   #13575
LadyDraco
KillerSmileIHazIt !!

Oddometer: 26,290
I wish we could make one of ScottyPs camp a roos...

Check it from time to time as I'm always adding to it..
My Rides and life on the Farm
LadyDraco is offline   Reply With Quote