Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2014, 03:26 AM   #1
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,951
2014 Apex Outback Postie Ride South Australia

2014 Apex Outback Posties

Thursday 28th August, 87 Postie bikes and about 20 backup people left Port Augusta SA on the Apex Outback Postie Bike Ride. Four days of the best tracks including some private access through the magnificent Flinders Ranges. Kicking off in 2007 with just 7 riders and 2 support crew raising $10,000 for Bradley's Place run by The Childhood Cancer Association of SA. Since those humble beginnings the event has evolved and with the money now being raised to build 4 holiday cabins at Wallaroo for families dealing with cancer to have some no cost holiday respite. To date the ride has raised close to $500,000. This year raising $103,000!

I'm not going to bore you with a heap of text, just a heap of pics and some captions where needed. Enjoy:

Things got off to the normal start with someone putting a Postie on the roof of a Volvo, as you do

The Lone Wolf Pack turned up

One of the Carpenter boys getting a bit loose

Some running repairs

5 of the originals from 2007

A giant penis turned up. WTF???????

There's that penis again WTF??????

The posties weren't the only things having problems, a back up car finds a BIG hole

We raised shit loads!

Pre event supercross training

We were lucky enough to be allowed to ride out to Blinman Pools, normally off limits except on foot

Opps!

A giant penis AND a Giraffe. WTF???????????????

We had fun at night to

It seems falling asleep after copious amounts of red wine runs in the family, Slatts brother Jim

To the COCK PHONE !

Full Member - Quorn Schnitzel Club

kipo screwed with this post 09-03-2014 at 03:33 PM
kipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:28 AM   #2
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

kipo screwed with this post 09-03-2014 at 03:36 AM
Old 09-03-2014, 04:28 AM   #3
Sl0rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Thumb

Well, this post hit me a bit hard when I didn't expect it. You see, my family and I are heading to Bradley's Place next week for a short break while we can. It will be the first few days away as a family that we've had for a while, and we're taking the chance while we can. My eldest, a 9year old boy, is being treated for a relatively rare cancer. He has a couple of weeks off chemo so we have the chance to grab a break. He was diagnosed in May and all going well his treatment will be complete next March.

Thanks to the fundraising of you lot we have a place to go for our break, and at no cost. So thanks very much - we appreciate it! Although we cope most of the time, there are many times that we as a family live day to day, just not looking further than a day at a time because we can't get our heads around the pressure and stress. That was especially the case when our son was having six weeks of daily radiotherapy. At the moment my wife and I both feel like we are coping but there are just no reserves of energy and resilience left. So a few days away are looked forward to in order to provide a bit of recharge.

Again, thanks.
Sl0rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:02 AM   #4
AusGoFar
get back on that horse

Oddometer: 884
An alternative caption

Can i use your dictaphone - no use your finger like every one else

AusGoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:22 AM   #5
kipo OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sl0rider View Post
Well, this post hit me a bit hard when I didn't expect it. You see, my family and I are heading to Bradley's Place next week for a short break while we can. It will be the first few days away as a family that we've had for a while, and we're taking the chance while we can. My eldest, a 9year old boy, is being treated for a relatively rare cancer. He has a couple of weeks off chemo so we have the chance to grab a break. He was diagnosed in May and all going well his treatment will be complete next March.

Thanks to the fundraising of you lot we have a place to go for our break, and at no cost. So thanks very much - we appreciate it! Although we cope most of the time, there are many times that we as a family live day to day, just not looking further than a day at a time because we can't get our heads around the pressure and stress. That was especially the case when our son was having six weeks of daily radiotherapy. At the moment my wife and I both feel like we are coping but there are just no reserves of energy and resilience left. So a few days away are looked forward to in order to provide a bit of recharge.

Again, thanks.
Bradley's Place has a special meaning. Bradley was the 4 y.o. son of a great riding buddy of mine and an inmate on here Neil Walker or 'DRZWalker' or 'Doc' as well call him.

Sadly they lost Bradley at 4 a bit over 20 years ago. Long before I knew them Neil and his wife Robyn with a group of friends ran car bashes etc., and raised the money to establish Bradley's place. The first Postie ride I organised was for Bradley's Place. The new units we have built will be run by the Cancer Council of SA and the same as Bradley's a place for free holiday respite accommodation for anyone dealing with this dam thing.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on advrider when I say all our thoughts are with your son, you and your family at this time.

Hope you have a great time at Bradley's Place.

Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 AM   #6
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,620
What fun and for a wondeful cause!

Thank you for 'posting'.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Valleyam
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 183
Fantastic ride report Kipo. As they say a picture says a thousand words. A brilliant event where you have not only raised a great amount of money for a very worthy cause that will benefit many people, but you obviously had a hell of a good time doing it. There is probably some people that have been generous to let you onto great properties for the ride also. Fantastic result.
Valleyam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #8
masterbrewer
TDMster

Oddometer: 2,517
Fantastic effort kipo & others

The Adv crew are an amazing, generous bunch, speaking first hand when my wife was suffering the evils of chemo, a hat was passed around at one of the classics & enough funds were raised to take her on a short holiday break away from the hassles of just trying to stay alive.

It truly humbles me with your attitudes to life.

Hard to believe Iryna is gone 12 months on the 31st August.

Ride on & enjoy every second.
masterbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
Sl0rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipo View Post
Bradley's Place has a special meaning. Bradley was the 4 y.o. son of a great riding buddy of mine and an inmate on here Neil Walker or 'DRZWalker' or 'Doc' as well call him.

Sadly they lost Bradley at 4 a bit over 20 years ago. Long before I knew them Neil and his wife Robyn with a group of friends ran car bashes etc., and raised the money to establish Bradley's place. The first Postie ride I organised was for Bradley's Place. The new units we have built will be run by the Cancer Council of SA and the same as Bradley's a place for free holiday respite accommodation for anyone dealing with this dam thing.

I'm sure I speak for everyone on advrider when I say all our thoughts are with your son, you and your family at this time.

Hope you have a great time at Bradley's Place.
Thanks for that kipo. I appreciate the background too.
Sl0rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #10
waikiki
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Well done to all involved

Looks like it was a blast, thanks for the pics
Old 09-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #11
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,875
good stuff!
Old 09-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
Aussie Trev
aka DRTrev

Oddometer: 5,253
Another job well done Kipo and all involved. The weather Gods obviously played their part too! Fantastic outcome boys.

No breaches of the Explosives Act (SA) Kipo? Good job you didn't name the culprit.

"Just having a crack"
Aussie Trev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 02:36 AM   #13
WILL_S
OUTLAW POSTIE 001

Oddometer: 2,092
Old 09-07-2014, 03:34 AM   #14
Sol Erzenberg
Lost somewhere

Oddometer: 1,343
Awesome effort Kipo & everyone else involved to support such a great event & cause..
2005 Honda XR400R.
1998 Yamaha DT200.
1981 Maico 490M.
1979 Honda CR125R Elsinore.
1978 Suzuki RM 100.
ARIEL MCC

Sol Erzenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 AM   #15
Turborob
Minimalist.

Oddometer: 599
Thumb

Awesome work, Kipo and gang.

Great time, for a great cause. Doesn't get much better.

The best rider is the one who enjoys it most.
Turborob is offline   Reply With Quote