Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
Deiotarus OP
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Sierra de la Pila 2.0 (La Garapacha, Murcia, Spain)

Sierra de la Pila 2.0

Saturday, November 8, 2014. Chronologically, it is the fourth time I saw this Murcia, although the TX would be the third, and if you count that one did not perform any chronic by a series of unforeseen circumstances that prevented me from completing the way, is why I consider the version 2.0 and not 3.0 or 4.0.

Having carefully studied the available routes correctly loaded into the GPS and watched the different accesses to the Sierra de la Pila, I set out to make the trip to one of the most picturesque areas of the mountain: "La Bola de La Pila". Actually, it is the weather radar in the Region of Murcia, responsible for transmitting images precipitation and cloud masses and air to the Meteorological Agency. This point appears to be the highest of the mountains 1,264 meters above sea level.

To access "La Bola de La Pila" there are two routes that converge on the final stretch, poorly paved. This has large potholes, loose gravel and stones and heavy earrings that reaches the same ball from which have spectacular views of the environment given the great height above the plateau surrounding the mountain. A longer route from La Garapacha forest trail as gravel and packed earth in fairly good condition, but the last part a bit Fuente Blanca, shorter and with a paved stretch to turn onto another forest track. This was the one that finally took.

Not all me in the meteorological aspect as seen in the sky over clouds clear and as I approached, it was clouding over. When I had the La Garapacha view, I saw a brief rainbow on the right side of "La Bola" that made me expect the worst ... It was raining and covering of clouds and mist. I at this point, I decided to continue, climbed down the road, past Fuente Blanca, I did turn left onto the road to "Pico de La Pila". A new left turn for a nice forest trail that runs through the refuge, the snow pits and a stone fountain and finally another turn further left the paved stretch to reach "La Bola". This section tested the "powerful" Qianjiang Motor 11 hp with areas of steep slopes, loose gravel, potholes and ramps where I had to climb in first. Small Chinese engine responded perfectly and did the job of taking me to the top without any protest. However, I wish to pay a tribute of admiration to mountain bikers who are able to get here pedaling !!! Whoever it was protested Natura because, scarce five minutes to get to "Pico de La Pila", when I was entranced by pictures of the scenic environment, it started raining. What promised to be a marathon session of landscape photos turned out to be a hasty succession of photos with some haste since neither my leather jacket and my jeans, reinforced kevlar, I was going to help much against rain.

If you climb was somewhat disturbing so twisted road, the decline was even worse. It's raining, with poor wet pavement, loose gravel, stones, pits, horseshoe curves and Chinese mixed tires proved to be the bane of every motorist. I had to make use of all the accumulated experience that I was able with an excellent response from the bike to avoid any mishap. Even Nature took pity on me and gave me a detention rainfall halfway down, which allowed me to finish more peacefully.

In total, 188 km. travel to meet a goal that had long wanted to do: climb "La Bola de La Pila". It was not the best day to do so as the cloudy and rainy weather detracts much a place where the sky clear, no haze, clouds and rainfall is essential to have good views and make good pictures. It remains as a new foray for when you fastest....