ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #616
flyrodder
Donny, please.

Oddometer: 2,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Mostly done. Just a few little things to clean up. Its cooling and pouring beer though

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.
What beer will be coming out of it when I come over to test the taps?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #617
Ride_There
Will ride for bacon.

Oddometer: 3,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthcircle View Post
Mostly done. Just a few little things to clean up. Its cooling and pouring beer though

Sent from my fat thumbs on a small touch screen.

Turned out great!
Ride_There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #618
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
still bottling

Bottling up lots of beer lately, need a kegging system. Making 10 gallon batches now due to 15 gallon pot working better for that. :) 10 gallons of my house amber bottled, and really doing well now. Have that maple stout ready to bottle now, another 10 gallons. Taking bottles from my friends restaurant, can not procure enough. Finally made labels for my amber, donating to a local motorcycle shop reopening, at least a case.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #619
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Oddometer: 5,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Bottling up lots of beer lately, need a kegging system. Making 10 gallon batches now due to 15 gallon pot working better for that. :) 10 gallons of my house amber bottled, and really doing well now. Have that maple stout ready to bottle now, another 10 gallons. Taking bottles from my friends restaurant, can not procure enough. Finally made labels for my amber, donating to a local motorcycle shop reopening, at least a case.
Yeah dude.... www.kegconnection.com Just buy a fridge kit (10% off this month!) and snag an old fridge or chest freezer on craigslist. You will NOT regret kegs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
totally AWESOME!

Give us some build details and interior pics!
The interior is not totally finished yet....
Things yet to do:
Fix and install bottom valance piece.
Mount the manifold/regulator inside permenantly.
Clean up and install the only shelf I am using, it's really corroded at the moment).

The "build" consisted of tearing the fridge down, tossing the old insulation and taking the shell to a body shop. I thought about painting it myself, but I wanted it to look better than that. So I paid the pro's to do it, and although that was 85% of the build cost, it also is 90% of how it looks. Here are a couple more pics:

Befofe:

During:

Almost Done:

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG

fifthcircle screwed with this post 03-04-2013 at 09:59 PM
fifthcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #620
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrodder View Post
What beer will be coming out of it when I come over to test the taps?
Still just Pliny The Elder (clone) and Blind Pig (clone).

Soon, I will add Irish Red.

I need to brew soon. I have Midwest's Hop Head IIPA kit laying around....so that will be next. Then maybe a spring beer....

In short, adaptation is the precursor to growth and seeking out difficult, uncomfortable and challenging situations accelerates development, enriches our lives and provides us with the kind of awesome fucking memories that will sustain us until a final sleep rounds our little lives.
BLOG
Old 05-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #621
DruiD
riding too fast

Oddometer: 544
First round for us went to bottle last night. Brewer's Best English Pale Ale. Four days in fermentation, three weeks in secondary, a few more weeks in the bottle and we'll know if it was worth the effort.

None of the process was difficult, but it sure is a lot of fiddling around.

Next up, Imperial Blond Ale....

When he rode the first three corners before putting the front wheel back down, I knew we were in trouble.

DruiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:42 AM   #622
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruiD View Post
First round for us went to bottle last night. Brewer's Best English Pale Ale. Four days in fermentation, three weeks in secondary, a few more weeks in the bottle and we'll know if it was worth the effort.

WHen/if you switch to kegs, it takes a lot of that irritation away

My Imperial IPA has been in 2ndary for about 3 weeks now. Gotta make time to clean some kegs and get a new siphon.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #623
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

The "fiddling around" comes down to repetition, and process. Once you get a few brews under your belt, it starts to flow much easier. The little stuff that you need to double check and think about, just happen. I highly recommend brewing some kits (or recipes) that are well reviewed. Northern Brewer, Midwest Supplies, Austin Homebrew Supply and HomeBrewTalk.com have some great recipes, that turn out well. I have only done one Brewers Best kit, and didn't like it... Hopefully yours turns out much better!!!

I just kegged a couple new ones. Hop Head IIPA, Blackberry Wheat and Caramel Apple Cider. I also bottled Java Stout, and the last few bottles out of the kegs of Irish Red, Pliny the Elder and Blind Pig.

I have a Rye Pale Ale that I want to brew next.

BLOG
Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #624
Apocalypse Cow
SHEEP LIE!!!!!

Oddometer: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by DruiD View Post

Four days in fermentation sounds little premature to go to the secondary so soon.
Let us know how it turned out...

"I've set the bar high because I'm tired ducking."
Apocalypse Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:48 PM   #625
Apocalypse Cow
SHEEP LIE!!!!!

Oddometer: 378
Upcoming event

10th Annual UnderGround Home Brew Festival
Saturday, August 17th, 2013

CAMBRIDGE, WIS. – A family-oriented festival will feature Home Brew tasting and live music. Brewers will distribute samples of their beer, educate participants on the brewing process and promote home brewing as a hobby.

The 10th Annual UnderGround Home Brew Festival will be held on Saturday, August 17th. This year the event will be near the bank of the Koshkonong Creek directly behind CamRock Café & Sport, only 20 minutes from Madison, WI. Home Brew tasting will be offered from 2 to 6 pm. Additional live music, sponsored by CamRock Café & Sport, will follow the tasting adjacent to CamRock Café & Sport’s locally-made flaming metal art.

Home brew tasting proceeds support local not-for-profit entities and volunteer organization. All brewers generously donate their time, talents and beer for this event.

Suggested donation to sample home brews: $20. Contact Chris Krueger, ckrueger@wisc.edu, of UnderGround Homebrew. Visit www.camrocksport.com for additional information on the venue.

Recruiting Brewers and Sponsors:
UnderGround Home brew is recruiting brewers and sponsors up to the day of the event. The recruiting effort began in earnest on June 5, 2013 with the launch of their monthly (1st Wednesday of the month) UnderGround Home Brew night, hosted at the CamRock Café & Sport.

"I've set the bar high because I'm tired ducking."
Apocalypse Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 PM   #626
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,264
First set of hops in

Planted 7 varieties of hops this year on a trellis structure, and on twine up a tree. Cascade is coming in good, and harvested my first bit of cascade hops. Should be great next year, but this year looking like only 3 oz per cascade plant, and one for others.

Brewed up an english bitter recipe on Sunday, still bubbling away.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #627
GSAnderson OP
Wandering Swede

Oddometer: 2,530
Zoid shamed me into diving into all-grain. Here's the first piece of equipment.

GSAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:33 PM   #628
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

That zoid....what a FF!!

BLOG
Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #629
zoid
Dirty Old Hippie

Oddometer: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSAnderson View Post
Zoid shamed me into diving into all-grain. Here's the first piece of equipment.
. You people from up nort there ,eh, crack me up. Must be that extended cold weather that you endure.

You'll love brewing all grain. Opens up a whole new world of recipes plus you have the added benefit of the added time it takes to brew a batch. More consumption of homebrew.

If you have any problems or questions, fifthcircle is your man. In the short time he has been brewing, he has become the wizard of wort.

Have fun!!!
zoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:47 PM   #630
fifthcircle
Beer Knurd

I fake it pretty good!

BLOG