User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #46
TX Medic
So many fires, so little?

Oddometer: 230
the vertic is in

the balanced holan WILL work with the remus hexcone exhaust.

the next one is a little closer on the pipe side. i will try to get some better shots tomorrow in the sun

"Bravery is the capacity to preform properly even when scared half to death"---General Omar Bradley
TX Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #47
Lager Meister OP
Work less, ride more

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Medic
the balanced holan WILL work with the remus hexcone exhaust.
Excellent! Thanks for being the guinea pig. I'll update the initial post to reflect this new information.

Lager Meister screwed with this post 03-14-2010 at 06:23 PM
Lager Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:34 AM   #48
TX Medic
So many fires, so little?

Oddometer: 230
Excellent! Thanks for being the guinea pig. I'll update the initial post to reflect this new information.[/quote]

anything for the greater good

"Bravery is the capacity to preform properly even when scared half to death"---General Omar Bradley
TX Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:14 AM   #49
trail90man
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I just installed the Holan balanced racks on my F800gs with the Two Brothers exhaust and am happy to report that there is no interferrence problems.
Actually there appears to be at least a couple of inches of breathing room, even at the closest places. I would post a picture but haven't figured out how to do that on this forum.
Hope this isn't off topic but How high or low did everyone mount their panniers? Front to back is pretty much set but I could mount them a couple of inches up or down.
trail90man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:05 AM   #50
raider
Big red dog

Oddometer: 1,582
Have there been any successful fittings with the BMW/Akrapovic pipe yet?
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #51
raider
Big red dog

Bump?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #52
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
bumpitty bump-bump.

About to pull the trigger on a Leo Vance SBK and curious if anyone's got the LV running with either Holan or Metal Mule balanced pannier racks.

In the thread there is mention of John Gil's bike working the LV and balanced Holans but no confirmation or photos.

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:15 AM   #53
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartron
bumpitty bump-bump.

About to pull the trigger on a Leo Vance SBK and curious if anyone's got the LV running with either Holan or Metal Mule balanced pannier racks.

In the thread there is mention of John Gil's bike working the LV and balanced Holans but no confirmation or photos.
Yes - The LV pipe is confirmed to work with the Holans.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #54
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
info@holan.pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider
Have there been any successful fittings with the BMW/Akrapovic pipe yet?
First post so Hello from France.
Before selecting the F800GS, I read and learnt a lot from ADV fellow riders. You answered so many concerns and I choose the right bike.
Thank you all.

I raised this question to Holan PL.
Q: Does the symmetrical pannier frame for F800GS can be installed with an Akra exhaust?
A: Yes, it can be installed with Acro exhaust and we have this symmetrical pannier rack in stock.
So it looks like it's possible but is there someone out there that has this setup with pictures?
I am looking at using it with 2 x 38L Zega Pro.
Cheers
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #55
raider
Big red dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambi
First post so Hello from France.
Before selecting the F800GS, I read and learnt a lot from ADV fellow riders. You answered so many concerns and I choose the right bike.
Thank you all.

I raised this question to Holan PL.
Q: Does the symmetrical pannier frame for F800GS can be installed with an Akra exhaust?
A: Yes, it can be installed with Acro exhaust and we have this symmetrical pannier rack in stock.
So it looks like it's possible but is there someone out there that has this setup with pictures?
I am looking at using it with 2 x 38L Zega Pro.
Cheers
Hello and welcome!

Did you get this answer directly from Holan, or from a local distributor?
Old 07-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #56
Cambi
Adventurer

Quote:
Hello and welcome!

Did you get this answer directly from Holan, or from a local distributor?
Hi,
I asked Info@Holan in Poland directly. I am about to ask them if the balance system accept the Zega Pro and Akra exhaust. Looks tight but I think they should.
After reading here, searching the web, looking at my 30 years anniversary, I came to the conclusion that:
- Metal Mule can only offer me a standard system. Their panniers looks top quality, easy to remove but boxy, squarish and against aerodynamic laws. Not to say that they are expensive.
- Trax are fine but gives me an impressions of low quality built.
- Hepco becker line doesn't appeal me.
- Caribou with the sides that opens is not an option.
- Jesse are expensive in EU and doesn't fit the adventure look of the F800. And my taste.
So what is left is Zega Pro, black or Alu with a Holan frame. Still hesitating between a 31 or 38L set.
If I choose them and once installed, I will show the setup in the forum. It might take a little while.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:04 PM   #57
raider
Big red dog

Quote:
Hi,
I asked Info@Holan in Poland directly. I am about to ask them if the balance system accept the Zega Pro and Akra exhaust. Looks tight but I think they should.
After reading here, searching the web, looking at my 30 years anniversary, I came to the conclusion that:
- Metal Mule can only offer me a standard system. Their panniers looks top quality, easy to remove but boxy, squarish and against aerodynamic laws. Not to say that they are expensive.
- Trax are fine but gives me an impressions of low quality built.
- Hepco becker line doesn't appeal me.
- Caribou with the sides that opens is not an option.
- Jesse are expensive in EU and doesn't fit the adventure look of the F800. And my taste.
So what is left is Zega Pro, black or Alu with a Holan frame. Still hesitating between a 31 or 38L set.
If I choose them and once installed, I will show the setup in the forum. It might take a little while.
I'll look forward to it - I really like the Holans but wasn't sure they'd fit with the Akrapovic. The Hepco & Becker racks don't fit with the Akrapovic pipe, so it's lucky you didn't like them.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #58
Cambi
Adventurer

Quote:
I'll look forward to it - I really like the Holans but wasn't sure they'd fit with the Akrapovic. The Hepco & Becker racks don't fit with the Akrapovic pipe, so it's lucky you didn't like them.
Raider,
Could you measure from the center of the bike to the edge of your Akra, I have 10.62" here which means that the measured 10.5" won't fit unless I remove or reduce in size the bushing between the frame and the exhaust bracket. It also goes against Holan statement.
Can you please confirm the distance?
Cheers
Old 07-25-2010, 12:25 AM   #59
raider
Big red dog

Quote:
Raider,
Could you measure from the center of the bike to the edge of your Akra, I have 10.62" here which means that the measured 10.5" won't fit unless I remove or reduce in size the bushing between the frame and the exhaust bracket. It also goes against Holan statement.
Can you please confirm the distance?
Cheers
Sure, mine is 10.2" at the widest part - the base - and 10.0" at the tip (that is, the muffler outlet at the rear of the bike). Measured from the centre of the rear tyre.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:07 AM   #60
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Sure, mine is 10.2" at the widest part - the base - and 10.0" at the tip (that is, the muffler outlet at the rear of the bike). Measured from the centre of the rear tyre.
Keep in mind that you'll need a bit more clearance than that as the exhaust is not solid mounted.