Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2010, 08:31 AM   #61
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 291
Has anyone been to a gathering of F800GS's where it was possible to listen to the various exhausts and determine which is the quietest? Thanks. oclv
oclv454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:13 PM   #62
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Oddometer: 1,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by oclv454
Has anyone been to a gathering of F800GS's where it was possible to listen to the various exhausts and determine which is the quietest? Thanks. oclv
There is one coming up near Deals Gap - http://f800riders.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183
Old 08-17-2010, 04:46 AM   #63
alan
if the helmet fits..

Oddometer: 44
pipe and slippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob
Yes - The LV pipe is confirmed to work with the Holans.
So the LV and TwoBs pipes definately work with balanced MM/ Holan racks?
I'm watching this thread regularly in conjunction with ebay. I want the narrow pannier set up but can't throw a 1k and new stuff.
Is the list still being updated?
alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:40 AM   #64
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan
I'm watching this thread regularly in conjunction with ebay. I want the narrow pannier set up but can't throw a 1k and new stuff.
Is the list still being updated?
Yes. Stock and Akra have been confirmed not to work.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #65
Lager Meister OP
Work less, ride more

Oddometer: 154
I'll stay subscribed to this thread and will continue to update the first post as new systems are tested by fellow inmates. Please include pictures of your installed systems and any other details that you feel would be helpful to others. Thanks.
Lager Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #66
Lager Meister OP
Work less, ride more

Oddometer: 154
Has anybody done a test fitting with the Leo Vince? I'd like to see a definite confirmation based on a test fitting before I update the first post. Thanks.
Lager Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #67
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by F800 Rob
Yes. Stock and Akra have been confirmed not to work.
Hi,
From where can you confirm this with the Akra?
From post 54:
I raised this question to Holan PL.
Q: Does the symmetrical pannier frame for F800GS can be installed with an Akra exhaust?
A: Yes, it can be installed with Acro exhaust and we have this symmetrical pannier rack in stock.
I measured around from every numbers I could drain and checked myself, I think it just does nicely.
I should receive mine this week, once in place, I will report back soon after as others are eager to know. We shall see.

Cambi screwed with this post 08-18-2010 at 04:19 PM
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:52 PM   #68
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Oddometer: 693
Just ordered a set of panniers from Rob and the balanced rack. I'm running a LV exhaust and will update once fitted.

Anyone know if f800depot has an ADV discount?

==================================
:: Furious Basterds: Velox, Vehemens, Oblivio
::
:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Bartron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 AM   #69
F800 Rob
MotoInsight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambi
Hi,
From where can you confirm this with the Akra?
From post 54:
I raised this question to Holan PL.
Q: Does the symmetrical pannier frame for F800GS can be installed with an Akra exhaust?
A: Yes, it can be installed with Acro exhaust and we have this symmetrical pannier rack in stock.
I measured around from every numbers I could drain and checked myself, I think it just does nicely.
I should receive mine this week, once in place, I will report back soon after as others are eager to know. We shall see.
He has not posted, but has confirmed to us they do not work together. The Akra is too wide.
F800 Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #70
Cambi
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
So everybody is concentrating their measurements "Concerns" at the rear and I did too. Big mistake.
The issue is not there but certainly in the front.
The problem is that (Looking from the LH side) the forward LH lower corner of the frame is so close to the exhaust that will never allow me to fit the Zega pro mounting in that corner. The gap here is too tight to the rack and the mounting is touching the exhaust.
The Akra fits if you remove the smaller spacer, install a thin washer instead (between exhaust bracket and frame) and twist the exhaust so it actually stand nicely and 90 degrees vertical. There is a half inch around the rear of the frame.
So the pannier fits but not the case (Zega). I could try to figure something out in matter of changing the mounting position but decided to get a new "proven to fit" exhaust for when the panniers are fitted and keep the Akra when not.
If someone wish to see pictures, let me know.
Cambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #71
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan
Probably a slip of the keyboard, but despite both being balanced (MM and Holan), I believe on visual inspection of both, that the MM rack is even tighter to the body of the bike. Essentially, it may be dangerous to assume that an exhaust that works with the Holan set-up will work with MM.

YMMV and this is based on my 20/20 vision and not on a more accurate measuring device such as the old fashioned ruler.

:: "For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible. For those who do, none is necessary."
Old 08-27-2010, 08:20 AM   #72
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

I have a question for those that have installed the LeoVince Carbon exhaust. I got mine yesterday. There was a disc with 4 or 5 holes in it. Not sure where it was supposed to go, I put it in the end of the inlet side of the muffler and installed it. The exhaust was VERY quiet. I took it out and it sounded a little louder but still quieter than I expected. For those that have the LV carbon, are you using the disc, where does it go, and any difference in miles per gallon or performance with it in or out? Also, there was a bag with three small bolts, one nut, one washer in it. I didn't seem to need any of these. Any ideas if they are for a F800GS installation or some other use. By the way, the pipe looks great, installed easily, and sound great since I was looking for a quiet exhaust anyway!!! Oh yeah, another side benefit is how cool it runs. I took the bike for a 10 minute ride and while the bike was still running, I could put my hand on the pipe. oclv
Old 08-27-2010, 11:30 AM   #73
Bartron
Bike Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by oclv454
I have a question for those that have installed the LeoVince Carbon exhaust.
Hey OCLV, I have the same exhaust and although I don't remember a disc, there was a baffle insert which looks like a short bent piece of pipe. Now you wrote that you put it between the header join pipe and the exhaust (inlet side) so I'm confused as to what it could be. Spark arrestor perhaps? Does it have anything written on it? The screws that come in the little baggie are to secure the DB killer (torque increaser) baffle and seem to be a generic set of screws because there's a few extra IIRC. Any chance you could post a pic?

Old 08-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #74
oclv454
Gnarly Adventurer

Here (hopefully as it is my first photo attempt) is the photo showing the disc with the 5 holes in it. Also the left over bolts, nuts, and one lock washer. I have been reading about guys with the LV carbon who are taking out the decibel killer and putting it back in. I can look straight through my pipe and can't see what I think a decibel killer would look like. Can someone tell me what the decibel killer looks like? I like the sound as it is, but am courious as it is real quiet. Thanks. oclv

oclv454 screwed with this post 08-27-2010 at 07:26 PM
Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 PM   #75
Bartron
Bike Punisher

OCLV, I'll move our discussion to the exhaust thread where it's a bit more relevant - before we're told to do so.

Bartron screwed with this post 08-27-2010 at 11:43 PM