User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #91
fastredbike
recovering

Oddometer: 535
Holan Balanced and Hexacone

this has been a helpful thread, I've got a Remus Hexacone coming for my f8 and need racks, I'd like to go with the Holan Balanced.

I saw the TX Medic posts, I'm wondering if anybody else out there is using this setup, if any issues have come up over time for TX Medic or others?

thanks
d
fastredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:11 AM   #92
K Dub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Beowulf Oval

I can confirm the Beowulf Oval DOES indeed work with the Holan racks. This is the 450mm version.

K Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #93
K Dub
Adventurer

Heres another pic during assembly.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:45 AM   #94
K Dub
Adventurer

center stand interference

As I was looking at the pannier frame-to-exhaust clearance for this thread, I did notice the centerstand (came with the factory BMW one) hits the pannier frame at the left passenger footpeg. Does anyone else have this issue? There is also a small gap at the stands rubber bumper. Whats up with this?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:09 AM   #95
Spektrum84
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Very helpful! Do you know what the weight difference is between the Beowulf and the stock muffler is? I haven't been able to decide whether to get one of these or something lighter if it will still got with the holan racks.
Spektrum84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #96
K Dub
Adventurer

I didn't weigh the Beowulf exhaust, physical size was more of a concern to me with the pannier frames. I can say the difference in weight is significant. I/m sure you could email and get the exact weight. The quality of this piece is fantastic, has a lifetime guarantee, and always price is a driving factor. I'm no way affiliated, just a happy customer trying to get the bang for the buck. The 450mm is even with the back of my panniers to keep from roasting the contents.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #97
Spektrum84
Adventurer

This idea of using holan racks with the Beowulf exhaust is growing quickly on me. Personally I was thinking about using pelican cases because I like the idea of easy replacement and the mounting pucks being a breaking point. So if I do take a spill, there is less chance of breaking or bending something expensive. Meditate on this I will...
Old 03-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #98
dirtysouthjacket
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
You also have to decide when comparing, if you want top loading or side loading. I currently have side loading and will keep it that way. I also enjoy picking crap up off the road every other time I open one. But it outweighs the inconvenience of not having to take my tent/sleepingbag/etc off to get in and then rooting through a top loaded deep case.

2011 F800GS Alpine White, 1998 KDX 200, 2000 KL250G Super Sherpa
DSJ's Shenanigans

dirtysouthjacket screwed with this post 03-21-2013 at 09:00 AM
dirtysouthjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #99
Keone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
I have a scorpion carbon on mine, which I think is the same unit as the metal mule
Keone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:18 PM   #100
K Dub
Adventurer

Does the scorpion have the same "S" shaped link pipe like the MM? That would theoretically let any can fit with holan racks since it moves the forward edge of the can inboard. Hmmm.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:35 PM   #101
Lager Meister OP
Work less, ride more

Oddometer: 154
Updated the compatibility tables in the original post

This thread was way overdue for an update.
Lager Meister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #102
Spektrum84
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lager Meister View Post
This thread was way overdue for an update.
I've been riding around with my Holan balanced rack with Caribou Storm boxes for a while now. Just last weekend I finally got around to using some silicone between my aluminum backing plate and the boxes to help weather seal them. Maybe after work tomorrow I'll park the bike out front and hit it with some water from the faucet to test for leaking. The only thing I wish I had was an external disconnect so I wouldn't have to open them in the rain if that were the case.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #103
rumblefish
xxx

Oddometer: 66
Wow, it's been a long time since I was in here! Nice to see everyone still around.

I'm bumping this thread because it's time I got some luggage on my bike. I was about to order the asymmetric Holan racks, but reading around the exhaust threads I think a symmetric (balanced) rack with a smaller lighter can would be better.

I read through the exhaust thread and like the look of the Holeshot pipe. Has anyone got one of these installed with the balanced Holan racks? Or does anyone know if it would fit?

Holan in Poland told me the Twalcom was recommended and works. I wrote to ask them about other pipes but have yet to hear back.

From various ADV threads about pipes and racks, I read that:

- Twalcom works
- Remus Hexacone works
- Akrapovic works if you flip the bracket that attaches the pipe to the frame, pulling it closer in.
- LeoVince works if you use the short spacer/bolt mod or have the link pipe bent (Renazco may supply it like this, not sure about Leo Vince themselves)
- MIVV works
- Metal Mule works

Anyone using another setup that works, or can confirm the above options?

Thanks guys,
Rich
rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #104
lookaught
Loner Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 197
Is there a US distributor for Holan racks? Or do I need to order direct from Poland?
Solo Ride Pennsylvania to Anchorage, Alaska and back 2011

Two Ape supermotos take on the Dragon
lookaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:46 PM   #105
Boxmonkey
Adventurer

Oddometer: 73
Check with Jason @ http://www.advmotorrad.com/. He is also in the vendors section. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834238
Boxmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote