ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,541
Wink 2010 Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering

At this point (6-5-01) the main road FS39 through Hells Canyon Natíl Rec. area is washed out in some areas so plan accordingly if you are coming from the south.

2010 Hells Canyon/Wallowa Valley Gathering

June 17-20, 2010

Log house RV Park and Campground
66258 Lewiston Hwy (Hwy 3)
Enterprise, Oregon 97828

1-877-426-4027
http://loghouservpark.com/

Cost: $10.00 per tent per night. Pay our hosts Brian and Margaret when you arrive.

If you want to bring an RV please call and make your reservation with Brian. Tell him you are with the ADV group. rates about $28 nite + 10% discount

If you don't tent camp or RV and want to motel here's a link: http://www.wallowacountychamber.com/...es/lodging.php

Thursday June 17th: Ride in, set up and start getting to know riders you haven't met already
Friday June 18th: Connect with other riders and enjoy some great riding in the area, more people will be riding in and setting up that day/night.
Saturday June 19th: Go for a ride during the day
Saturday Evening: Potluck dinner. Our host will have BBQs available for us as well as refrigeration if needed. He also said he will be happy to help with getting supplies to camp if needed.
Sunday June 20th: Break camp and head home tired from having way to much fun.

See post 3 for rides to the gathering and planned rides while there.

There is a bathhouse with showers and we will have the main tent camping area near the bon fire pit plus another tent camp area away from the main area for the folks that want to be able to get away and have some quiet time.

Wifi is available at camp, the closer you are to the office the better it is. Cell service is also available although AT&T is a bit spotty.

There is fuel and food nearby the most important part ~ lots and lots of great riding.

Are you In?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Pot Luck Saturday 6:00 PM
PNWbuttercup has volunteered to haul some things down so we will have the basics to put together a fun potluck. The paper goods, a few knife for prep work, heavy duty foil, salt, pepper, cutting board, and what ever else I think I need to throw in will make itís way to camp. Brian, our camp host, will have two gas BBQ grills going for us to use. He also has a microwave and regular ovens if we need them.

About a mile from camp is a full sized Safeway store where supplies can be easily picked up on the way to camp.

Bring whatever meat you might want to throw on the grill and a side dish type of thing for the potluck. Iíll put out a list of ideas and you can sign next to what you think you will bring. This helps keep from have 85 cans of beans and no chips. Oh yeah, Iíll have a can opener there too.

Road Information

After some record rainfalls on the dry side there are roads that have been washed out. This thread has some info and pictures: Linky This is the Natíl Forests website with updates - - -> http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/w-w/conditions/

The main road FS39 (paved) through Hells Canyon Natíl Rec. area is washed out at the south end so plan accordingly. Itís closed from Hwy 82 to FS 66 which is the Fish Lake road and is also closed.

From camp you are still able to access Hess Rd. and you can ride to the Canyon Overlook using FS39.

Hess road is open however we have not had an update on the recent condition of it.

Upper Imnaha Rd. is open, this dirt/gravel road runs S. from Imnaha along the river and connects with FS39 N. of Hess Rd. and the Overlook.

Originally posted by Mrmagoolin:

Here is a link to a google map of Hess road and the approximate rd closure area according to the Wallowa Whitman Forest service site.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...755066&t=h&z=9

Sat. 6/12/10: The last word is the road in to Hat Point Lookout Tower is still snowed shut but that's not official -

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-15-2010 at 07:42 AM
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #2
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

I'm starting the IN list with the people who have already declared their INs in the date poll thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529291

The IN list where the fun kids are
1. Ladybug0048
2. Cbmma1969
3. Dillon
4. Ryanwilliamcantrell
5. zen-alaska
6. Steep
7. Rocky (You two might as well change your user names since you will remain Steep and Rocky to most of us)
8. Fatherof4 and son
9. Mrmagoolin
10. Magoolin
11. Buzzy
12. Blackout
13. The Outlaw
14. Radioman
15. JimE
16. Mortimersickle, I heard he wants a pickle someone bring him one.
17. Walla Walla Bob (A little birdie told me he already made reservations- he was right on it)
18. Marv
19. Maxacceleration
20. Live2makeexcuses will show up late and leave early
21. Dirty Girl
22. Mr. Vintage
23. Mr. Jetmoto
24. Professor Fate
25. Sorebutt
26. Mamadopoulos
27. Papadopoulos
28. Pat
29. Easy-Z
30. 007Brian
31. 007Brianwife
32. Rainbow007
33. PNW Buttercup
34. Southforkspeedster family (MsSFS, Guzza, and maybe Kate).
35. Hellsalien
36. s1marks
37. dHally
38. Magnumskier
39. duanus
40. road ranger
41. The Tourist
42. TTDave
43. LaurenceRose
44. kroderi
45. Edwards (aka Gravel Eddie)
46. Hondacbx
47. Gumland
48. Dandriscoll
49. Thaneeddington
50. HeadingNorth
51. Spyderman
52. Corisian
53. Yo. I'm Bow
54. Motomuffin
55. debueller
56. debuellerGF
57. AlphaOneNine
58. Chaos-in-MT
59. SPOWA
60. smilin jack
61. asrvivor
62. IdahoSam
63. Oremike

On the Fence ~ waiting to find out if they can do it or not
1. Jason Abbott and Wife
2. Shocktower (are you IN?)
3. reBARman (nice to see some representation from the wet side of WA)
4. Idarider
7. Walterxr650l
9. rjmorel
10. fbritt5
11. lil magoo
12. Kootenai Rider
13. Puckinet

This list is started super early and things change so if you change your mind just post up or PM me and I will up date the list.

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-13-2010 at 02:45 PM
Old 12-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #3
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Ride Planning:
I'm going to keep this post updated so you can check the first page to see what the plans are.

If you would like to post up your departure time from your area to the campground for others to join you post it and I will add it here. If you would like to lead a ride while we are in Enterprise let me know time and meet place and I will list it here as well.

Planned Rides to the Gathering
Many people will be riding in on their own or with one or two friends but those who want to connect with others riders to ride to camp with you can either join in on one of these rides or post up when and from where you are leaving and invite others to join you.

Wed. June 16, 2010

Leaving from Asotin, WA
Meet at 8:00 am at the gas station in Asotin. The station is on Hwy 129 (1st street) at about Filmore.
Asotin is only a few blocks long and itís the only station on Hwy 129. ---- > Linky

Leaving Boise, ID - One of the IAMC's groups is doing a scenic ride on the way; Their information is here - - -> Linky

Leaving Banks, OR (West of Portland) s1marks plans to leave early Wed. morning. PM him if you are interested in riding out with him. - - -> Linky

Thurs. June 17, 2010

Leaving Lebanon, OR
Meet Up 7am in Lebanon at Apple tree Restaurant on Hwy 20 on South end of town across from Safeway
More info here - - - -> Linky

Fri. June 18, 2010
Leaving from Tri-Cities, WA
Dhalley is heading out from Tri-cities around noon if you want to join him for the ride to the gathering.

Rides during the gathering

For those that want to join in on a ride there will be riders going out that welcome additions. If you are planning a ride and want to invite others you can post it and I will add it here.

At camp there will be a white board to write plans & departure times on, feel free to put a ride on it if you have an idea of a ride you want to do and youíre looking for others to ride with.

Friday June 18, 2010

To Troy with Maxacceleration and Mrmagoolin
9:00 am departure time. - - -> Linky

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Steep and Rocky ride

Leaving at 8:00 am from camp.

This is for those that want something with

a bit of a challenging with some technical stuff thrown in Ė 200 mile gas range will be needed. -----> Linky

If you want the tracks PM your email address to: 650X aka Steep/Alan

Tweeny ride

Waiting for someone to post they want to lead a ride that is a skill/challenge level between the mellow ride below and the more challenging ride above. Any takers? There are at least a couple people interested.

Asphalt Ride
Spiral Hwy ride - Oremike and Road Ranger

Mellow Ride with Ladybug
Leave camp at 8:00 am, we'll go to Joseph for breakfast and take an easy paced stop and smell the flowers ride to Hat Point lookout tower.(I had this as the girly girl ride but the guys are welcome too). We will also stop to look for a geocache or two along the way and if you are not familiar with what the heck a geocache is check out the website - - - > www.geocaching.com

(Update 6-12-10 Ė I was told the road to Hat Point still isnít completely open, at least for four wheeled vehicles Ė We might make it to the lookout and why might not but it will be fun trying.)

Tips, ride suggestions, updates, etc.

It seems people post good information in threads like this but when it's time for the ride the good stuff is lost in all the posts. I'll transfer that info. here so it's all in one place you can refer to it again right before the weekend.

Dirt directions from Asotin, WA to Enterprise, OR - - - -> Linky

Originally Posted by BLH
The Troy restaurant has reopened under new management and has gas. They are open Wednesday through Sunday.

Hess Rd. pics- - -> Linky

Don't forget your sunscreen and bug spray. With all the rain the last few weeks there just might be those buzzing, blood sucking, pests trying to join our party.

Ladybug0048 screwed with this post 06-15-2010 at 03:57 AM
Old 12-26-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,916
Whooopie!

I can't wait! This should be great.

Dale, the Old Fart
"
Adventure is worthwhile." ~ Aristotle
Airhead #14449
WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #5
Walterxr650l
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,200
I'm going to try to make this ride.

Walter
That has stayed at home."
Walterxr650l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:53 PM   #6
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug0048
[CENTER]Ride Planning:
[SIZE=4]
Girly Girl Ride with Ladybug: Sat. meet at camp 8:00 am, we'll go to Joseph for breakfast and take an easy paced stop and smell the flowers ride to Hat Point lookout tower.

Steep and Rocky ride? I'm sure they will give me details on this soon.
Not sure about the girly girl part, but I want to make it up to Hat point sometime.

Steep and Rocky....I like the sound of that. :)

Ladybug, I'm planning on leaving on Thursday morning..

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:05 PM   #7
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walterxr650l
I'm going to try to make this ride.

Walter
Cool, for now I'll put you on the fence and when you decide you can make it I'll move you up with the fun kids. You do know if you stay on the fence to long you'll get splinters in your backside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider
Not sure about the girly girl part, but I want to make it up to Hat point sometime.

Steep and Rocky....I like the sound of that. :)

Ladybug, I'm planning on leaving on Thursday morning..
I believe RCW is planning to take a ride to Hat Point, his riding style would be more to your liking than a girly girl ride.

If I can get the time off I might head down Wed. just so I can be there early. If I can't get the time off I'll probably head down Thurs. early morning.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:12 PM   #8
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
If I can get the time off I might head down Wed. just so I can be there early. If I can't get the time off I'll probably head down Thurs. early morning.
I may do the same on the time off...gotta confirm a few things.

Whatever we do, should we just make a bee line and get down there or make a really long day of it and mosey down. :0 (yeah, its a long way to Mosey)

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:33 PM   #9
oremike
Motorcyclest

Oddometer: 2,359
I should be between terms so put me on the fence for the quite side.

Ride what makes you giggle in your helmet
oremike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #10
mrmagoolin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 514
rv rates

rates about $28 nite + 10% discount. I have all ready got my spot Think we will be there Wed night or early Thursday morning.
mrmagoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
mutt2jeff
Keep firing assholes!

Oddometer: 972
I didn't get to go to the last one, and since I have no reason not to go this year I am in!

The only thing Homeopathy cures is dehydration.
mutt2jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 05:59 AM   #12
fatherof4
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
My son is really excited about going. Now I have 6 months to find him some riding gear.

HMMMMM I wonder if I will have enough vacation time to take Thursday off too.
fatherof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 AM   #13
Ladybug0048 OP
Bug Sister

Kootenai Rider, I plan to mosey down the long way if I go Wed. but if I wait until Thurs. I'll probably "blast" (I'll be riding the Superbug ) to Lewiston then do dirt from Lewiston to Enterprise. I want to go to the Buckhorn lookout when it's not snowing.

Oremike, on the fence you go, watch out for the splinters.

Mrmagoolin thanks for the RV price info it being added.

Mutt2Jeff, you're on the IN list ~ how about Heather?

Fatherof4, it's terrific that your son is excited about this. I'll bet it's going to seem like forever until the weekend finally gets here.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #14
walla walla Bob
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Looking forward to this years ride. I will need a break from building the new shop by then. My brother (fatherof4) and I will be heading up on friday. Unless I can talk him into taking thursday off. Then the fun time starts on thursday.

Cherish every moment.
walla walla Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM   #15
liv2rydktms
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,249
Talking Live from DEATH VALLEY

Quote:
Ride Planning:
I'm going to keep this post updated so you can check the first page to see what the plans are.

Steep and Rocky ride? I'm sure they will give me details on this soon.
We are planning a Saturday ride. For now all I can say for certain is it will not be Dug Bar or Hat point. I think there will be atleast 2 groups headed to those destinations. We will have something different to offer.
IBA#33733
"R" Death Valley trip

liv2rydktms is offline   Reply With Quote