User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #256
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 939
Euro Moto 2013

We're going to have our parts on display at the Euro Moto Show March 2-3 in Lynnwood, WA at the TourUSA booth!

This a great opportunity to go to check out our parts in real life if you've always been curious to see what they look like. They'll have the V3 skid plate, tool box, top rack and side stand foot on a F800 GS:

Details on the show:
http://www.euromoto-northwest.com/

Looks like a great show too! Lot's of interesting stuff for us inmates.

Tour USA in case you didn't know does motorcycle rentals (read adventure bikes ) and tours in the PNW.

http://www.tourusa.us/

I plan to be there myself as well on one of the two days...yet to be decided. Just look for the busted up F800 GS outside

Hope to see you there!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #257
toowheels OP
on a mission...

New for 2013 we've done some refinements to our BMW F800/F700/F650 GS Top Rack!

The shape has been changed to follow the lines of the bike a bit better, we've made the Givi/Kappa/SW-Motech rear mounting point a bit simpler and we've added a lengthwise Rotopax mounting position to the centre to work better with the Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers and give yet another option to riders.

Here's what it all looks like:

This is also the version in the pics above on TourUSA's F800 GS.

In stock now and more pics to come...

Thanks!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #258
toowheels OP
on a mission...

The next run of V3 skid plates are going to be in this week so that means everything is back in stock

Recent rider post from Parallel Universe in "What did you do with your evil twin today":

"Originally Posted by malloy
I installed a MOD V3 bash plate on by F650GS. Easy - peasy. Goes with Dave's great tail rack. Dave said the bash plate was a "blem" but I sure couldn't see it. Good products, honest Dave.

"

Thanks!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 05-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #259
dr_54
n00b

Oddometer: 6
thanks

I just got a 650gs and have purchased the top rack. What a great looking piece of equipment- excellent fit and finish. Thanks to the forum and your company for making an old man happy with excellent products and customer service.

Off for a new adventure on Monday.
dr_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #260
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_54 View Post
I just got a 650gs and have purchased the top rack. What a great looking piece of equipment- excellent fit and finish. Thanks to the forum and your company for making an old man happy with excellent products and customer service.

Off for a new adventure on Monday.
Thanks very much dr_54!!

Glad to hear you like it!

Nothing like an adventure to make an "old man" feel young!

Good luck!!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #261
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD F800/F700/F650 GS Top Rack/Rotopax/Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers

Here are some pics of the new centre mount 90* Rotopax position that we added a while back. It was added to accommodate the Giant Loop Siskiyou panniers and also allow you to mount the 2gal. Rotopax length-wise as opposed to width-wise if you want.

All set up with the Siskiyou panniers and the 1 gal. Rotopax:

The Top Rack is in the rearward position here and it all fits together well and leaves you complete access to the fuel fill.

Thanks,

Dave

www.motooverland.com

toowheels screwed with this post 05-06-2013 at 01:24 PM
Old 05-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #262
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD F800/F700/F650 GS Side Stand Foot

Cross posting a video install/review of our SSF (and mention of our Top Rack, Skid Plate and Tool Box) posted by Motoriley.

Thanks Motoriley!!

Also in my own full disclosure Motoriley suggested the keyhole quick release he mentions on the Top Rack way back in the development phase in this thread back in '09.

Thanks again Motoriley!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 05-29-2013, 02:12 PM   #263
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,649
nice rack

You are welcome. Easy to recommend the good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
Cross posting a video install/review of our SSF (and mention of our Top Rack, Skid Plate and Tool Box) posted by Motoriley.

Thanks Motoriley!!

Also in my own full disclosure Motoriley suggested the keyhole quick release he mentions on the Top Rack way back in the development phase in this thread back in '09.

Thanks again Motoriley!

Dave
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:03 AM   #264
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
vario adventure platform

I see you have siskou panniers on a bike there. No risk of heat from the pipe? I want to run soft bags on my bike, but I have vario racks, so I can't because of the way the racks are set up. It got me thinking. You are going to see a whole lot more f800gs bikes with vario racks if they are including them on the bike. I am pretty sure they would not have discounted me the cost of the vario racks on my 2013 f800. I decided to go with vario bags because of the price. $900 including racks. I see a lot more 2013s with varios than not. The only issue is trying to fit soft bags for offroading. It's a no go for me. I have seen the kriega adventure platform and it is very cool. It would be sweet if someone made one that had an adapter for vario racks with rotopack mounts and slots for tying on soft bags.
chris73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #265
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73 View Post
I see you have siskou panniers on a bike there. No risk of heat from the pipe? I want to run soft bags on my bike, but I have vario racks, so I can't because of the way the racks are set up. It got me thinking. You are going to see a whole lot more f800gs bikes with vario racks if they are including them on the bike. I am pretty sure they would not have discounted me the cost of the vario racks on my 2013 f800. I decided to go with vario bags because of the price. $900 including racks. I see a lot more 2013s with varios than not. The only issue is trying to fit soft bags for offroading. It's a no go for me. I have seen the kriega adventure platform and it is very cool. It would be sweet if someone made one that had an adapter for vario racks with rotopack mounts and slots for tying on soft bags.
Hi Chris73,

The Giant Loop Siskiyou's come with their own Hot Springs Heat Shields which will allow the bags to sit directly on the exhaust no problem.

Yes since BMW now includes the Vario mounting stock on some of the packages a lot more riders will be inclined to go that way -very crafty on their part. The flip side as you mentioned is that the passenger handles with the vario "knobs" sticking out now make it trickier to fit soft bags. If you remove the knobs it would be better but still not as good as the non-Vario ones.
Some riders have gone to the dealer and found some of the non-Vario ones left behind by riders who switched from older years and gotten them cheap.

Interesting suggestion too...

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 07-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #266
chris73
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=904418
chris73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #267
toowheels OP
on a mission...

MOD parts on 2014 F800 GS Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris73
Sorry chris73 I missed that!

There have been some questions regarding the compatibility of our parts on the 2014 F800 GS Adventure.

The answer is yes everything we make fits.

Our Top Rack on this one.

The V3 Skid Plate does also work with the BMW engine bars shown here and with the upper extension too.

We also did a slight redesign to the Side Stand Foot because there was a little interference with the centre stand starting with the release of this bike and regular F8's midway through 2013. BMW made a change to the geometry so we've trimmed off about 2mm to accommodate for it. The new ones and everything else is in stock.

www.motooverland.com
Old 11-24-2013, 10:41 AM   #268
toowheels OP
on a mission...

We've had a few riders asking about compatibility with the comfort seat.

Yes, it fits together no problem in the standard position! It's shown together in the pic on the previous post.

Our Top Rack sits just a little higher than others and in the forward position it is still doable as well but you'll have to push down the centre back of the seat about 8mm to position it there.

Any q's please ask away!

Thanks!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 11-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #269
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,649
MOD skidplate install and review

Finally got around to putting together the video on how to install the MOD skidplate. I've had it on since 2010 and it is working great.

Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #270
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley View Post
Finally got around to putting together the video on how to install the MOD skidplate. I've had it on since 2010 and it is working great.

WOW!! Thanks for another fantastic video Motoriley!!

So glad to hear you're happy with all of it too and it's doing what it's supposed to do! You most certainly put it through its paces!

I really like the story of the whole bike resting on the skid plate/ tool box!

Just an update that we redesigned the front bracket back in the Spring of this year:

Here's the new bracket in the foreground compared to the previous one:

It's significantly stronger and also has other improvements :

-1.5x the surface area of the previous one to give excellent resistance from the skid plate moving any direction. It's both taller and wider.

-The front face is obviously very thick and the big reason for that is we have maximized the thread depth to 12mm. The threads are also rolled and not cut so they are stronger. Since the bracket is CNC'd alu it's still only 93g (3.3 oz).

-The front hardware has been bumped up to M8 from the previous M6. The 5mm allen head is also more user friendly because it's less likely to strip out and it's also a much stronger interface that you can apply more torque to. The M8 bolts are fit perfectly through the skid plate holes and with the increased torque will offer an attachment that will reduce the likely hood of any movement of the skid plate.

-The attachment arms are taller and even a little shorter that the previous version for max strength

-It works with all previous versions of our skid plates without any modifications to the skid plate
We always keep existing owners in mind!

A few more pics:

It's a very solid improvement. We're always keen to take rider feedback and our experiences in the field and make improvements along the way.

On that note here is a pic of my own skid plate after 3 years and much punishment:

Many gouges, scratches and one small dent. The only thing I've done to it is to put the new bracket on it (and the prototypes leading up to it). I've never had any problems and the protection has been flawless.

My Tool Box is also along for the ride. It's over 4 years old now (was on a previous bike) and it too has been flawless. Also one small dent and no cracks or any crippling damage. Same key lock too (pre cover no less).

Thanks again Motoriley and thanks everyone for checking it out!

Dave

www.motooverland.com