Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2010, 12:12 PM   #61
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoriley
I Have the Adventure Spec crash bars which are very popular if you want to see if it fits.
I have just been able to confirm the fit with Adv-Spec bars;

As for the Top Rack Motoriley we are still working on it. Glad to hear it's spring like already there! It certainly is here too.

The side RotoPax mount puts a lot more stress into the rack than one might think...especially off-road. So we are working with different reinforcement methods to see which works the best for production/price etc.

It will have the side mount capability but I am curious to hear how many riders out there really want to run the side mount?

The Givi mounting like I said before is it's difficult to get the mounts in the best position so there is a bit more room two-up. It is doable two-up now just a little tight with the E36 box. I am not sure how the other boxes compare.
Doing a Pelican with I believe the Caribou mount kit would be ideal cause you could place it right where you want it.

Is two-up a big priority for everyone?

In any case we are working hard to get the F800 GS Top Rack done ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave

www.motooverland.com
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 04:53 PM   #62
Motoriley
Even my posing is virtual

Oddometer: 2,647
Rackage

I'm not too interested in the side mount since I run luggage most of the time. Would still like the option of using a Givi even if it is tight two up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels
I have just been able to confirm the fit with Adv-Spec bars;

As for the Top Rack Motoriley we are still working on it. Glad to hear it's spring like already there! It certainly is here too.

The side RotoPax mount puts a lot more stress into the rack than one might think...especially off-road. So we are working with different reinforcement methods to see which works the best for production/price etc.

It will have the side mount capability but I am curious to hear how many riders out there really want to run the side mount?

The Givi mounting like I said before is it's difficult to get the mounts in the best position so there is a bit more room two-up. It is doable two-up now just a little tight with the E36 box. I am not sure how the other boxes compare.
Doing a Pelican with I believe the Caribou mount kit would be ideal cause you could place it right where you want it.

In any case we are working hard to get the F800 GS Top Rack done ASAP!

Thanks,

Dave
Website - http://www.apormc.com/
Vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/Motoriley?feature=mhum
Motoriley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:08 PM   #63
Zacharia_11
11th Assassin

Oddometer: 248
Quote:

...[snip]

...[snip]

...[snip]

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

I am not interested in a side mount, I do like the below concept. If I could mount a top box and throw a bag on the seat, rotopax wedged between. I would mount it lower to the seat. I would be using a caribou top case.

I doubt I would ever ride two up unless it were some kind of emergency. My wife has her own bike and makes a lousy passenger.

2013 Honda CB500X
Zacharia_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #64
blender
Just another rider

Oddometer: 726
Quote:

The Givi mounting like I said before is it's difficult to get the mounts in the best position so there is a bit more room two-up.

Since I've been following this thread with interest (I do need a rear plate) I'll jump in here. FWIW I don't care about the side mount (a top mount would be A Good Thing). I haven't decided if having the ability to mount a Rotopax is that big a deal (but flexibility is good and sets this product apart from others).

Having the ability to mount a Givi plate (or a clone) on the rack would be great. I would use the rear case around town/commuting use, and don't carry two-up so any "interference" isn't an issue for me.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #65
superhawkrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
My 800 is for me, have a different bike for two up riding with my wife or daughter. I do not care about the side mounting (happy trails panniers mounted normaly). I do like the flat and the stand up top mount for the rotopax, I will carry the gas. The top box for around town would be easier than the side mounted panniers for parking. That is my 2 cents worth of input for use. Great to hear that the adv spec bars will work since I ordered mine today with my fingers crossed that your skid plate would work with them.
superhawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:58 PM   #66
GSranger
blacksheep

Oddometer: 83
top rack

I rarely ride two up. Won't be running side mount with the rotopax. Don't have a top box and don't want one.

I just want the top plate. Well thought, great innovation, thick construction, and cheap (?)!
GSranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #67
vasculopath
You're not your bike

Oddometer: 356
I would not run the side mount. Hard cases go there if I am going far enough to need gas. Top mount rotopack flat with drybag on top of it. I never tour two up.
vasculopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #68
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacharia_11
Dave,

I am not interested in a side mount, I do like the below concept. If I could mount a top box and throw a bag on the seat, rotopax wedged between. I would mount it lower to the seat. I would be using a caribou top case.

I doubt I would ever ride two up unless it were some kind of emergency. My wife has her own bike and makes a lousy passenger.
Thanks everybody for the feedback!

I have a question on the Caribou case; does it use the Givi two pins and block and are they in a different position than they would be for a Givi box? They seem to be in a different position and the block is different. The top mount Roto Pax bracket may also interfere with the Caribou case?

The way out Top Rack is designed it will only fit with actual Givi boxes like the E36 with just adding the Givi mount kit. An adapter plate is not needed.
As for the Caribou case I am not sure what we need to do.

Thanks again,

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 02-20-2010, 07:02 PM   #69
blender
Just another rider

Ya know guys, I really appreciate the customer research and feedback, but i hope you're not over-thinking this thing. After all it's just a rear rack.

You'll never meet everyone's requirements (altho so far you're trying) at meeting the aux fuel carrying. I say (respectfully of course) just get the bloody thing to market. ;)

I want mine in black.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:08 PM   #70
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by blender
Ya know guys, I really appreciate the customer research and feedback, but i hope you're not over-thinking this thing. After all it's just a rear rack.

You'll never meet everyone's requirements (altho so far you're trying) at meeting the aux fuel carrying. I say (respectfully of course) just get the bloody thing to market. ;)

I want mine in black.
I think the biggest issue is that most of them out there are underbuilt and Dave's making sure his is strong and versatile. I've done a bit of low tech product design and it's a hell of a lot more work than it seems.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:11 PM   #71
blender
Just another rider

I want mine in black!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #72
markymcd
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 882
Quote:

I want mine in black!

polly want a cracker?
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #73
blender
Just another rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by markymcd
polly want a cracker?
More like Quack Quack! Oye Veh, hit return twice delete never. ;)
Old 02-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #74
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:

I want mine in black.
Truer words were never spoken? I here ya loud and clear!

We over-think everything we do ...but it's worth it.

It's comin' out soon I promise...in black!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #75
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Another couple of pics showing the full catalytic protection. It's also a very smooth profile underneath making it easier to slide the bike over taller obstacles.

thanks,

Dave

www.motooverland.com

toowheels screwed with this post 02-27-2010 at 03:48 PM