Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2010, 03:29 PM   #106
superhawkrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Another dumb question, will the top rack mount up ok with Jesse hard luggage mounts installed. They have a bar that goes across the top and bolts onto the rear tail of the bike?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #107
blender
Just another rider

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by superhawkrider
Another dumb question, will the top rack mount up ok with Jesse hard luggage mounts installed. They have a bar that goes across the top and bolts onto the rear tail of the bike?
Not a dumb question, I too have the Jesse racks and want this rear rack. I'm hoping with some minor adaptation the rack will fit.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #108
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Hey superhawkrider and blender let me know more about this.

I assume the passenger handles are the stock ones?

How much height does the Jesse crossbar add exactly?

Is it the same shape/diameter/depth for the Jesse crossbar rack mounting area as the stock mounting area?

Can you post a picture of the top of the crossbar so I can see the mounting area?

It may just be a matter of sourcing some longer bolts and hopefully using the same spacers.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #109
blender
Just another rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels
Hey superhawkrider and blender let me know more about this. Thanks,

Dave
Dave: Below are a couple (poor) photos showing the Jesse mounting rack attachment. I measured 1" from the bottom to top where the mounting bolts are. I suspect it's just a matter of using slightly longer bolts (as you mentioned) and the rear rack will go right on top of the Jesse rack. The Jesse rack will essentially replace the spacers you use.

Top view:
Old 03-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #110
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender
Dave: Below are a couple (poor) photos showing the Jesse mounting rack attachment. I measured 1" from the bottom to top where the mounting bolts are. I suspect it's just a matter of using slightly longer bolts (as you mentioned) and the rear rack will go right on top of the Jesse rack. The Jesse rack will essentially replace the spacers you use.

Top view:
Blender is the rack mounting level now between the mounts?

Then there is the depth inside of the Jesse mounts to take into account too. Lastly it looks like the Jesse bolts are countersunk. Could you take out the bolts and check that out?

It seems that what would actually happen is that I would sub the taller rear spacers for the shorter front spacers and the bolts would stay the same. This would hopefully keep the rack relatively level. If the longer spacers were used the rack would not be level of course.

Is the inside diameter of the Jesse mounts roughly the same as the front mounts?

Thanks,

Dave
Old 03-29-2010, 06:57 AM   #111
blender
Just another rider

Dave, damn you ask a lot of questions! ;)

Quote:
Blender is the rack mounting level now between the mounts?
I'm a bit confused on this question. More explanation what you're looking for? Hazarding a guess, I'd say no, the top of the rack mounts are not a level surface. Others out there with Jesse bags please chime in.

Quote:
Then there is the depth inside of the Jesse mounts to take into account too. Lastly it looks like the Jesse bolts are countersunk. Could you take out the bolts and check that out?
I'll take a bolt out tonight after work and get a photo. I do believe you're correct in that the bolts are countersunk. I'm also assuming you want a measurement of a front and rear bolt?

Quote:
Is the inside diameter of the Jesse mounts roughly the same as the front mounts?
The front & rear mounts appear to be the same diameter and height. I had measured them both at 1" height. I'll verify that tonight.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #112
danielcc
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Am I on the list for the Top Rack?

Hi Dave,

I was just wondering if I am in your list for the top rack. I can also pick it up anywhere if you have them ready .

Thanks.

BTW, you are talking about the Jesse Bags maybe this video will help if you haven't check it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIH70...layer_embedded
danielcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #113
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blender
Dave, damn you ask a lot of questions! ;)

I'm a bit confused on this question. More explanation what you're looking for? Hazarding a guess, I'd say no, the top of the rack mounts are not a level surface. Others out there with Jesse bags please chime in.

I'll take a bolt out tonight after work and get a photo. I do believe you're correct in that the bolts are countersunk. I'm also assuming you want a measurement of a front and rear bolt?
Measurement of the rear bolt would be good.

[/quote]The front & rear mounts appear to be the same diameter and height. I had measured them both at 1" height. I'll verify that tonight.[/quote]

Perfection needs a lot of answers!

Essentially I am hoping to use the same spacers front and back. So they require the same "playing field".
If you run a straight edge from the top of the front mounts to the top of the rear (Jesse) mounts is it level?

Also the small spacers fit into the passenger mounts and have a flat bottom (countersinking will upset the height a little) and the appropriate outside diameter (.600"/ just under 5/8"/ 15.23mm). By looking at it and measuring it, will the same spacers fit in the Jesse mounts?

You can always use washers to make up a little space.

Danielcc I emailed you.

To everybody on the list for all this time don't worry I am still working on contacting everyone. The whole first run is over sold and another (supersized) run is in the works.

Top Racks haven't started shipping as the hardware didn't show up despite ordering from two different vendors.

Thanks for your patience.

Dave
Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #114
Gregarious
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 367
Monokey cases all share the same mounting points.

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out exactly which other models fit on but so far it seems it's the E36/E45, E360, B36N, E52 and maybe the new TRK33N Alu./Plastic. So it seems like all MonoKey cases will work. It's difficult to tell as they don't show any of the actual mounting for their cases.

That's it for now...

Dave
Monokey is Monokey -- they all share the same mounting specs. So if your setup fits one Monokey case, it'll fit them all. I have an E45 and 2 E22's (or whatever model the 22 liter cruiserish side bags are called), and they have the same mounting points.

Monokeys also share the same key bodies, so if you bought cases separately, you can order a batch of matched key bodies and keys, and replace the ones in the cases so they all use the same key. Twisted Throttle sells key bodies in sets of 2, 3, 5, and maybe more.

Eagerly awaiting the official availability of the rack!

-Greg
Old 03-29-2010, 06:43 PM   #115
blender
Just another rider

Quote:
Measurement of the rear bolt would be good.
The rear (Jesse rack) mount bolt measures 49.6mm/ 1.95" top to bottom.

Quote:
If you run a straight edge from the top of the front mounts to the top of the rear (Jesse) mounts is it level?
Well, it looks close to level. I suspect the "couple of washers" suggestion below would work to level things out if there *are* any differences.

Quote:
Also the small spacers fit into the passenger mounts and have a flat bottom (countersinking will upset the height a little) and the appropriate outside diameter (.600"/ just under 5/8"/ 15.23mm). By looking at it and measuring it, will the same spacers fit in the Jesse mounts?

You can always use washers to make up a little space.
The "front" passenger grab rails will still use your spacers. The Jesse rack bolt mounts are slightly countersunk (poor photo below). I don't think your rear spacers will be needed. What I think might work is your spacers & bolts in the front, and your rear mounting bolts. I might add a rubber grommet/washer between the Jesse rack mount and the rear rack.

Anyhow, I'm going to take a chance on this.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:02 PM   #116
superhawkrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Thanks for sending in the pics and measurements. I have not had the time to mount my jesse's up yet. Spent to much time riding last week. 2400 miles, 5 days, and 4 states on my Dam Tour. Started a new job today and had to get a ride in before it started. Still standing by to order the skid plate and top rack when they are ready for shipping.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #117
GSranger
blacksheep

Oddometer: 83
Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that this question is going to delay the release of this product for another month or two?
GSranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #118
sarkmych
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Another couple of pics showing the full catalytic protection. It's also a very smooth profile underneath making it easier to slide the bike over taller obstacles.

thanks,

Dave
Just looking at this pic I'm wondering if my Wunderlich crash bars will be compatible with your skid plate. The Wunderlich bars have bars along each side of the bike along (just below) the exhaust and bolt to the center stand. Have you tested for compatibility with these? I'm in Edmonton but would be more than happy to take a trip down there for you to see. I just mounted the bars last night (no pics yet). I will take a couple and post them here tomorrow.

07' WR450F
sarkmych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #119
blender
Just another rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSranger
Why do I have the feeling that this question is going to delay the release of this product for another month or two?
Gee, did you read the rest of the posts? It shouldn't delay anything. A couple extra longer bolts (supplied by a trip to the hardware store) and the rack will bolt up.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:35 PM   #120
toowheels OP
on a mission...

Shipping Top Racks...finally!

Hey inmates,

The MOD F800 GS Top Racks finally started shipping today!
I'll be contacting those that shipped with tracking numbers.

I have also sent a whole bunch of you PM's or emails. I haven't gotten to everybody yet though.

*Caution* The website says they are sold out and they are, but a lot of you are on the list. If you haven't heard from me yet and you think I missed you or you never sent an email let me know. dave@motooverland.com

Thanks and I'm lookin' forward to seeing MOD gear all over the place doin' it's thing!

Thanks for all the feedback on the Givi mounting too.

sarkmych; The Wunderlich's look like a tricky one because of those lower bars but I emailed you and we'll see if we can figure it out.

Dave