Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,341
Center Stand for XR650L, XR600, TE610, SM610, TE630, SM630, XR250R, XR400 and XT225.

Cigar Mike's is done. I have decided to officially stop making center stands. I have contacted a manufacturer of DS accessories and they are interested in making the stands I have designs for. I will update this link once that takes place and then ask for this thread to be removed.

Cigar Mike's will not be fabricating stands in the Months of February and March. I have to much to do for my family and won't have time to make stands. I will start up again in March if I can get everytihing done.

If you would like to request a stand I will start a list and get the stands out on a first come first come basis.

Thanks,

Mike

Center Stands for:
XR650L
XR600
NX650
XR400
XR250
TE610
TE630
SM610

Transalp coming soon
DRZ400 Coming soon

I am fabricating centerstands for the XR650L.

The XR650L stand lists for $160.00. ADVriders will receive a 10% discount. With shipping cost added it will be about $160.00 delivered to the lower 48 states. No sales tax if you live outside of Colorado. It is a bolt on unit and and takes under five minutes to install. I had to trim my Ricochet skid plate about 1/2" for it to fit.

The picture shown is of the prototype. I would post some new pictures but the bike is still dirty. I will up date the picture when it warms up a little.

TE610

A few pictures of the finished stand.

You can contact me at; CigarMikes@gmail.com or go to the website http://www.cigarmikes.com/ if you are interested. I got rid of the website and I am using Blogspot.com so that even I can update it easily.

I am a retired steamfitter and build these in my home workshop to keep busy. If your bike is highly modified to where the ground clearance is changed a large amount, give me a call. It is not much trouble to custom make the height. I will describe how to get the measurement I need to make one that should fit properly. I can make a limited number of units a month, so plan ahead if you really want one by a certain date.

To receive the discount just identify yourself as ADV inmate.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike

Cigar Mike screwed with this post 03-10-2014 at 01:45 PM
Cigar Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,058
Thanks, I've added your thread and discount to the sticky discount thread
Old 12-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Thanks GB

I ordered some decals today. I will put one in every box, when they get here.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
Old 01-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #4
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,058
Sounds great! Glad to see inmates supporting you.
Old 01-03-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
norvegicus
waiting for spring...

Oddometer: 220
I have Mike's XT225 center stand and love it, one of the best mods ever.

Name:  xtcenterstand.jpg
Views: 10276
Size:  143.2 KB
Old 01-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #6
sled_rider
DESERT ADV RIDER

Oddometer: 113
XRL650L Review

What a nicely put together stand for the bike. I will be using my XRL for Adventure Touring so the stand will come in handy for packing the gear and trailside maintenance and repairs. The ordering was outstanding; Mike was very prompt with returning emails for all the questions I had about the stand. I ordered it Friday afternoon and received it Wednesday. Had to wait for the next weekend to install but I don’t know why I waited. It took a whole 2-3 minutes to install. The hardest part was that I had to lie on my back on the garage floor to install it. How about that for nitpicking, I mean this stand is a snap to install. I like the fact it is a bolt on item as removing it for any serous rock trails will be just as easy. Putting it up on the stand is as easy as installation, I grab my Dirt Bagz rack and lift up and back. Now for the best part, in buying this stand I am spending my money with a fellow enthusiast. Mike I am planning a Continental Divide ride in mid August, hope to be in your neck of the woods I would enjoy sitting down for meal and drink with you

sled_rider screwed with this post 01-17-2010 at 09:02 AM
sled_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 04:23 PM   #7
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Food and Drink?

Terry that sounds like a plan. A nice steak, a drink and listening to your adventure on the CDT would be great. Might even be able to provide a shower and a bed.

I am pleased that you like the stand.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike
Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #8
diesel1959
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 147
Mike--good to see these great designs prosper. Would you be interested in creating a stand for the Super Sherpa? I'd happily buy one and I'd bet there'd be a few others too. Glad to have good folks like you here! Cheers

BTW, Norvegicus speaks very highly of you and that's good enough for me. ;)

diesel1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #9
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Always Interested

Yes, I would be. I like motorcycles and have been enjoying the bikes and the people involved with them since 1970. It is fun for me to look at what I can do on models that don't have a particular item. Making center stands was an accident. I wanted stands for our bikes and I wanted to do something with motorcycles when I retired. It is more fun to come up with a design then to make or sell the product. Making them is a good hobby since it seems to fill a niche that has been over looked and keeps me from just sitting on my ass.

The problem is just getting a bike for a few days to be able to come up with something. I hope to look at a TE610 next week and a Motarded XR400 after that. Both look like they will be really easy if I can get my hands on them.

Any suggestions are welcome. But if there is one on the market. Do yourself a favor and buy one. The big guys make some really good stuff. The finish and components are top notch. If DualStar had made a stand for the XRL I would have bought one.

Norvegicus is one of those people that make it worth while messing with the business.

Cigar Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel1959
Mike--good to see these great designs prosper. Would you be interested in creating a stand for the Super Sherpa? I'd happily buy one and I'd bet there'd be a few others too. Glad to have good folks like you here! Cheers

BTW, Norvegicus speaks very highly of you and that's good enough for me. ;)
Old 01-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #10
Sportourer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
If you could come up with something for the Honda Transalp I am sure you could sell them like hotcakes. And I would be first in line! The one that is available from SWmoto is not a bolt on. It only fits the european ones that came with tabs and a spring mount from the factory. The north american ones did not have these mounts. If I was close enough I would gladly donate my bike for the prototype.
-Alex
Sportourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #11
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,811
Will this fit the XT 250 as well? (2009)
gogogordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #12
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportourer
If you could come up with something for the Honda Transalp I am sure you could sell them like hotcakes. And I would be first in line! The one that is available from SWmoto is not a bolt on. It only fits the european ones that came with tabs and a spring mount from the factory. The north american ones did not have these mounts. If I was close enough I would gladly donate my bike for the prototype.
-Alex
All that I can do is ask the guys in the regional forum if they would let me use theirs for a day or two. And then just finding time to do it.

Cigar Mike
Old 01-18-2010, 04:12 PM   #13
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Afraid Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogogordy
Will this fit the XT 250 as well? (2009)
The frames are completely different. The XT250 would be a bolt on at the foot peg mounts. I have been asked about the XT250 at XT225.com before I got banned from there. Since I am not there any longer, there has been little interest. I am considered a rouge manufacturer since I don't advertise there. But I am in good company. Clarke is a rouge manufacturer for the same reason. Members there are incouraged not to buy from us evil manufacturers.

I hope to get a chance to look at the 250 some time this year.

Cigar Mike
Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #14
Gladly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike
...and a Motarded XR400 after that. Both look like they will be really easy if I can get my hands on them...
I'd be interested in more info on the xr400 one when/if you get there. (for a non-motarded bike, so there'd maybe be a height difference)

Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #15
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladly
I'd be interested in more info on the xr400 one when/if you get there. (for a non-motarded bike, so there'd maybe be a height difference)

I am in contact with an the owner of the XR400 now and may be able to get an old frame to be able to fit a stand. If so, I don't see where it will be much of a problem. I will post here if that comes about. There will be some loss of ground clearance, but it will be able to take a good hit.

Thanks,

Cigar Mike