ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,435
Well, I downloaded Chrome and it didn't work any better. I deleted the lines and placed pins on those roads. I tried to keep the names and descriptions unaltered. Unfortunately, I still saw those little lines, in the wrong scale and location, on the map even after I deleted the listings on the left.

I'm starting to think that maybe our little ole map is too much for the wimpy google program to handle?

Let me make clear, the only problem I was having was seeing those line drawn roads in the right place and scale. Chrome didn't solve that for me, but if you're having other problems, Chrome might be the right thing for you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #32
tjrockit OP
One day closer...
 
tjrockit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Well, I downloaded Chrome and it didn't work any better. I deleted the lines and placed pins on those roads. I tried to keep the names and descriptions unaltered. Unfortunately, I still saw those little lines, in the wrong scale and location, on the map even after I deleted the listings on the left.

I'm starting to think that maybe our little ole map is too much for the wimpy google program to handle?

Let me make clear, the only problem I was having was seeing those line drawn roads in the right place and scale. Chrome didn't solve that for me, but if you're having other problems, Chrome might be the right thing for you.
I don't see them anymore. Maybe if you cleared your browsing history it would go away. The interesting thing it the line drawn for "New Bosque CR 4250" never moves and is always in the right place. Weird.

I was having some other issues yesterday with my computer so I ran the defrag and cleared all my temporary internet files as well checked my msconfig for all the programs that automatically start when I boot up the computer. After all that, everything seems to be running much faster. Firefox did not crash on me today.

I've also been randomly thinking about contacting Google and sending them our map. They might be curious about what we are doing and start watching it as a use case they can use to improve the map functionality. Just an idea.
__________________
2007 Honda XR650L
Dirt Roads within a 100 mile radius of Austin, TX
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #33
tjrockit OP
One day closer...
 
tjrockit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 1,210
Dang, I was enlarging some of the pics and I think I lost the text to "Crossing on Coryell CR224 -PIC". Can someone verify/correct it? Sorry...
__________________
2007 Honda XR650L
Dirt Roads within a 100 mile radius of Austin, TX
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #34
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
Dang, I was enlarging some of the pics and I think I lost the text to "Crossing on Coryell CR224 -PIC". Can someone verify/correct it? Sorry...
I was just on adding more roads....I'll fix it.

Since my earlier post with description had the pic added,I just deleted the extra post that Ghost had made.Hope that works out fine.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-13-2010 at 11:24 AM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #35
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer
 
No False Enthusiasm's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Small Town, Texas
Oddometer: 4,135
I'd bet on Ghostrider, not my memory...

I must have gotten confused while T Rex bore down... Thanks...

FM 2222 was called one of the best roads in America....40 years ago.

Far too crowded and congested to enjoy it as that, now.
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #36
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by No False Enthusiasm
I must have gotten confused while T Rex bore down... Thanks...

FM 2222 was called one of the best roads in America....40 years ago.

Far too crowded and congested to enjoy it as that, now.

A lot of the good ones get gobbled up by the urbanosity of it all.Same thing is happnin to Lime Creek Rd around Lake Travis...& many other fine stretches of enlightened paving....(or gravel). TOO MANY HOUSES TOO MANY DEVELOPERS
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #37
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
A lot of the good ones get gobbled up by the urbanosity of it all.Same thing is happnin to Lime Creek Rd around Lake Travis...& many other fine stretches of enlightened paving....(or gravel). TOO MANY HOUSES TOO MANY DEVELOPERS
TJrockit, yeah the lines are now gone. I noticed Mr2mch's line stayed put. I don't know why mine were such problems. When I ride this weekend I'll take my p&s camera and actually take some photos of the roads. Hopefully I'll remember which roads are which.

Well, I guess the silver lining in the recession is that fewer houses are being built.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
tjrockit OP
One day closer...
 
tjrockit's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I'll take my p&s camera and actually take some photos of the roads. Hopefully I'll remember which roads are which.
I was pondering this the other day when I was looking through pics. I was randomly thinking a tiny dry erase board mounted on my tank bag so I could take a picture of the road, then write it down and take a picture of that so I could better sort later.
__________________
2007 Honda XR650L
Dirt Roads within a 100 mile radius of Austin, TX
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #39
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
I was pondering this the other day when I was looking through pics. I was randomly thinking a tiny dry erase board mounted on my tank bag so I could take a picture of the road, then write it down and take a picture of that so I could better sort later.
When I ride with Ghost, Mr2mch, and the others in their neck of the woods I seldom know which road I'm on. Of course, I never get pics on those roads cause they don't stop. I thought about taking photos of the road signs, but the best roads often don't have signs. The good news is that most of these roads look pretty much the same, so its not a big deal if you get the photos mis-aligned.

Your idea is a good one. You only have to stop once to use yours. To get sign photos, you have to stop at the sign and then later to get a pic of the road or water crossing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #40
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
When I ride with Ghost, Mr2mch, and the others in their neck of the woods I seldom know which road I'm on. Of course, I never get pics on those roads cause they don't stop. I thought about taking photos of the road signs, but the best roads often don't have signs. The good news is that most of these roads look pretty much the same, so its not a big deal if you get the photos mis-aligned.

Your idea is a good one. You only have to stop once to use yours. To get sign photos, you have to stop at the sign and then later to get a pic of the road or water crossing.

When all of us were ridin on New Year's maybe "your tour hosts" aka Ghost & I should have made a few more stops for pics.We ride these roads so much that we might not realise that folks from outside the area would want to get some views to reflect on later. I also have the tendancy to wanna cram in every road I can...so not stopping adds pavement(or gravel) under the wheels....15 min... Next ride I'll have some good places to stop for a pic (& just to BS for a bit)

The idea with the marker board is pretty cool though....
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!
 
Dahveed's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: North Texas
Oddometer: 5,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
When all of us were ridin on New Year's maybe "your tour hosts" aka Ghost & I should have made a few more stops for pics.
Mr2mch, I wasn't complaining. I came there to ride and appreciate you, ghost, burbo, and wacodirtryder showing us around. Thanks for sharing your road knowledge with us!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerinmaine
When you get too old to serve as a bad example, you can always give bad advice.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Mr2mch, I wasn't complaining. I came there to ride and appreciate you, ghost, burbo, and wacodirtryder showing us around. Thanks for sharing your road knowledge with us!

I know ya weren't bichin bout it.....It was an observation on my part after we got split up for a bit.I've been thinkin bout how we could improve the rides for everyone.I'm just always lookin for a better way.It's my nature.
....but I'm still gonna try to stop a bit more when we've got new riders along.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #43
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck
 
ghostrider1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Heart of Texas
Oddometer: 6,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
I know ya weren't bichin bout it.....It was an observation on my part after we got split up for a bit.I've been thinkin bout how we could improve the rides for everyone.I'm just always lookin for a better way.It's my nature.
....but I'm still gonna try to stop a bit more when we've got new riders along.
Rod, u are right...not everyone wants to be Jr members of IBA
__________________
2008 R1200 GSA (Ghostrider) , KTM 525EXC
"Fuck'em. I'm a lifer. " SlowOldGuy
"The older I get, the faster I was", HardyBaker
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #44
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
Pavement Ends.....for a while....

Well,I've just about posted most of the paved county roads I know that aren't too congested with houses & or traffic.There ARE still more I can post down south around Blanco/Sisterdale/Comfort....etc. but I haven't been there in a while & don't want to post em unless I can say without a doubt that IT'S A GOOD ROAD.I'll probably remember a few more roads & add em as I do though.Hopefully,my next batch to add will be more dirt/gravel oriented.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 01:24 PM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #45
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,391
New Videos of some roads....

Over on the TWT thread for the Google map,One of the guys, Eric2Tex posted a pretty good video of Middle Creek Rd near Blanco.It has been added to the map post & Eric also has several more videos which would be great on the Map.....Althaus-Davis Rd, Blanco CR301,Old Spicewood Rd,Willow City Loop,Lime Creek Rd,Cow Creek Rd & several from roads around Friedricksburg...Cherry Springs Rd,Gypsom Mine Rd,Eckert... Cool vids
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-16-2010 at 06:14 PM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014