Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2010, 07:44 PM   #31
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,435
Well, I downloaded Chrome and it didn't work any better. I deleted the lines and placed pins on those roads. I tried to keep the names and descriptions unaltered. Unfortunately, I still saw those little lines, in the wrong scale and location, on the map even after I deleted the listings on the left.

I'm starting to think that maybe our little ole map is too much for the wimpy google program to handle?

Let me make clear, the only problem I was having was seeing those line drawn roads in the right place and scale. Chrome didn't solve that for me, but if you're having other problems, Chrome might be the right thing for you.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #32
tjrockit OP
One day closer...

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Well, I downloaded Chrome and it didn't work any better. I deleted the lines and placed pins on those roads. I tried to keep the names and descriptions unaltered. Unfortunately, I still saw those little lines, in the wrong scale and location, on the map even after I deleted the listings on the left.

I'm starting to think that maybe our little ole map is too much for the wimpy google program to handle?

Let me make clear, the only problem I was having was seeing those line drawn roads in the right place and scale. Chrome didn't solve that for me, but if you're having other problems, Chrome might be the right thing for you.
I don't see them anymore. Maybe if you cleared your browsing history it would go away. The interesting thing it the line drawn for "New Bosque CR 4250" never moves and is always in the right place. Weird.

I was having some other issues yesterday with my computer so I ran the defrag and cleared all my temporary internet files as well checked my msconfig for all the programs that automatically start when I boot up the computer. After all that, everything seems to be running much faster. Firefox did not crash on me today.

I've also been randomly thinking about contacting Google and sending them our map. They might be curious about what we are doing and start watching it as a use case they can use to improve the map functionality. Just an idea.
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
tjrockit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 AM   #33
tjrockit OP
One day closer...

Dang, I was enlarging some of the pics and I think I lost the text to "Crossing on Coryell CR224 -PIC". Can someone verify/correct it? Sorry...
*** The views or comments I express on this site and/or on any other site/forum/social media are strictly my own and do not reflect any past, current or future employer and/or any organization. They are solely my own personal opinions.***
Old 01-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #34
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
Dang, I was enlarging some of the pics and I think I lost the text to "Crossing on Coryell CR224 -PIC". Can someone verify/correct it? Sorry...
I was just on adding more roads....I'll fix it.

Since my earlier post with description had the pic added,I just deleted the extra post that Ghost had made.Hope that works out fine.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-13-2010 at 11:24 AM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:02 PM   #35
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,135
I'd bet on Ghostrider, not my memory...

I must have gotten confused while T Rex bore down... Thanks...

FM 2222 was called one of the best roads in America....40 years ago.

Far too crowded and congested to enjoy it as that, now.
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #36
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No False Enthusiasm
I must have gotten confused while T Rex bore down... Thanks...

FM 2222 was called one of the best roads in America....40 years ago.

Far too crowded and congested to enjoy it as that, now.

A lot of the good ones get gobbled up by the urbanosity of it all.Same thing is happnin to Lime Creek Rd around Lake Travis...& many other fine stretches of enlightened paving....(or gravel). TOO MANY HOUSES TOO MANY DEVELOPERS

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #37
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
A lot of the good ones get gobbled up by the urbanosity of it all.Same thing is happnin to Lime Creek Rd around Lake Travis...& many other fine stretches of enlightened paving....(or gravel). TOO MANY HOUSES TOO MANY DEVELOPERS
TJrockit, yeah the lines are now gone. I noticed Mr2mch's line stayed put. I don't know why mine were such problems. When I ride this weekend I'll take my p&s camera and actually take some photos of the roads. Hopefully I'll remember which roads are which.

Well, I guess the silver lining in the recession is that fewer houses are being built.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 01-14-2010, 10:13 AM   #38
tjrockit OP
One day closer...

Quote:
I'll take my p&s camera and actually take some photos of the roads. Hopefully I'll remember which roads are which.
I was pondering this the other day when I was looking through pics. I was randomly thinking a tiny dry erase board mounted on my tank bag so I could take a picture of the road, then write it down and take a picture of that so I could better sort later.
Old 01-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #39
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjrockit
I was pondering this the other day when I was looking through pics. I was randomly thinking a tiny dry erase board mounted on my tank bag so I could take a picture of the road, then write it down and take a picture of that so I could better sort later.
When I ride with Ghost, Mr2mch, and the others in their neck of the woods I seldom know which road I'm on. Of course, I never get pics on those roads cause they don't stop. I thought about taking photos of the road signs, but the best roads often don't have signs. The good news is that most of these roads look pretty much the same, so its not a big deal if you get the photos mis-aligned.

Your idea is a good one. You only have to stop once to use yours. To get sign photos, you have to stop at the sign and then later to get a pic of the road or water crossing.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 01-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #40
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
When I ride with Ghost, Mr2mch, and the others in their neck of the woods I seldom know which road I'm on. Of course, I never get pics on those roads cause they don't stop. I thought about taking photos of the road signs, but the best roads often don't have signs. The good news is that most of these roads look pretty much the same, so its not a big deal if you get the photos mis-aligned.

Your idea is a good one. You only have to stop once to use yours. To get sign photos, you have to stop at the sign and then later to get a pic of the road or water crossing.

When all of us were ridin on New Year's maybe "your tour hosts" aka Ghost & I should have made a few more stops for pics.We ride these roads so much that we might not realise that folks from outside the area would want to get some views to reflect on later. I also have the tendancy to wanna cram in every road I can...so not stopping adds pavement(or gravel) under the wheels....15 min... Next ride I'll have some good places to stop for a pic (& just to BS for a bit)

The idea with the marker board is pretty cool though....

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #41
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
When all of us were ridin on New Year's maybe "your tour hosts" aka Ghost & I should have made a few more stops for pics.
Mr2mch, I wasn't complaining. I came there to ride and appreciate you, ghost, burbo, and wacodirtryder showing us around. Thanks for sharing your road knowledge with us!
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 01-14-2010, 06:09 PM   #42
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Mr2mch, I wasn't complaining. I came there to ride and appreciate you, ghost, burbo, and wacodirtryder showing us around. Thanks for sharing your road knowledge with us!

I know ya weren't bichin bout it.....It was an observation on my part after we got split up for a bit.I've been thinkin bout how we could improve the rides for everyone.I'm just always lookin for a better way.It's my nature.
....but I'm still gonna try to stop a bit more when we've got new riders along.

cycledelic hippie
Old 01-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #43
ghostrider1964
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,239
Quote:
I know ya weren't bichin bout it.....It was an observation on my part after we got split up for a bit.I've been thinkin bout how we could improve the rides for everyone.I'm just always lookin for a better way.It's my nature.
....but I'm still gonna try to stop a bit more when we've got new riders along.
Rod, u are right...not everyone wants to be Jr members of IBA
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #44
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Pavement Ends.....for a while....

Well,I've just about posted most of the paved county roads I know that aren't too congested with houses & or traffic.There ARE still more I can post down south around Blanco/Sisterdale/Comfort....etc. but I haven't been there in a while & don't want to post em unless I can say without a doubt that IT'S A GOOD ROAD.I'll probably remember a few more roads & add em as I do though.Hopefully,my next batch to add will be more dirt/gravel oriented.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 01:24 PM
Old 01-16-2010, 06:07 PM   #45
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

New Videos of some roads....

Over on the TWT thread for the Google map,One of the guys, Eric2Tex posted a pretty good video of Middle Creek Rd near Blanco.It has been added to the map post & Eric also has several more videos which would be great on the Map.....Althaus-Davis Rd, Blanco CR301,Old Spicewood Rd,Willow City Loop,Lime Creek Rd,Cow Creek Rd & several from roads around Friedricksburg...Cherry Springs Rd,Gypsom Mine Rd,Eckert... Cool vids

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 01-16-2010 at 06:14 PM