Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #76
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo83
probably will. I put a 140 rear on my WR426, it lightly rubbed on my acerbis rear auxilary gas tank, but it shouldn't be an issue without that tank.
Thanks.
gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #77
stevh0 OP
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,330
My bike is currently in for a couple of maintenance jobbies...

I had the timing chain done and the forks rebuilt.

The bike has done 70hours since the last rebuilt, when should I look at the rings?
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:22 PM   #78
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,254
Cool2

Just turned my 04 WR450F from this:

to this:

Turn signals, brake light, horn et all.. Can't afford EBC 320mm rotor just yet, but Revloc Dyna Ring is pretty nice setup..

Cat0020 screwed with this post 07-08-2010 at 05:11 PM
Cat0020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #79
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Just picked up an '05 WR450.

It has about 180 hours on it. I want to get it on the road and enjoy riding it as soon as possible. I did a little test ride around the block and it appears to run great. Anything specifically I should check for besides changing the oil and checking the valves?

Also, anywhere to look where the price gets any better than the high $300's for the light kits to get it inspected in new York?

I guess some how the previous owner was able to plate the thing in Mass and NH.... with out any of that fancy stuff .

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #80
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catskill
Also, anywhere to look where the price gets any better than the high $300's for the light kits to get it inspected in new York?
Tusk kit for $159.99
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #81
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,750
Speaking of WR adventure bikes, for the last year I've been putting together the MonkeyButt-500 ride. The idea was a 500-mile three-day dualsport ride through central Colorado with a large amount of technical singletrack.

At the high point we had about 50 people signed up for the ride. Nine people showed up. Four people finished the route without any shortcuts. The final four are pictured below just before our final section of trail at midnight on the third day. Of the final four, two were WR's (one was mine)

BLUE BIKES ROCK!

Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 AM   #82
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0020
Sweet! Thank you!

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 AM   #83
tcskibike2008
SnowHawker

Oddometer: 190
I had a 2001 WR250F that must of had 20K miles, never did a valve adjustment and was the most powerful 250 I have ever rode. I did the YZ cam... Anyway the joke was that the bike was possessed by a very beautiful women who died tragically and like to abused and neglected. :)

I am a KTM man now but will always have a soft spot for Blue. Great bikes and sleds.
tcskibike2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:34 AM   #84
tcskibike2008
SnowHawker

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Speaking of WR adventure bikes, for the last year I've been putting together the MonkeyButt-500 ride. The idea was a 500-mile three-day dualsport ride through central Colorado with a large amount of technical singletrack.

At the high point we had about 50 people signed up for the ride. Nine people showed up. Four people finished the route without any shortcuts. The final four are pictured below just before our final section of trail at midnight on the third day. Of the final four, two were WR's (one was mine)

BLUE BIKES ROCK!

SICK! Sounds like fun man.. Our adventures are smaller in VT but no less grueling, especially when its wet.
tcskibike2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM   #85
Parx400
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,389
I will Play.

Here is my wanna be ADV bike. Right now in off road trim I have the 6.6 gal tank with the corbin seat. running 14/42 gearing.

Ya thats a Motard front brake. I tried it once.

Here she is in Motard trim. ims 3.1 tank, stock seat ( I use the corbin on long rides)
Parx400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #86
yamahaman
wannabe bike builder

Oddometer: 223
yz/wr suitable adventurer bikes

Quote:

BLUE BIKES ROCK!

here is my yz 426 I run mine thru the desert here and I have the gearing to max out at 70 mph when I'm on the rev limiter I have obviously got the close ratio gear box so this limits me a bit. I do not ride on the road (blacktop) at all unless there is a problem all of my riding is done on the desert/bush tracks. I have a 10 litre (2.6 gal) tank on the back and 13 litre (3.4 gal) clarke tank on the front. I have re routed the exahust to suit. I get 330 km (210miles) out of my bike in the bush a little less in the desert I have my bike on the rich side to protect the motor.

My two cents worth is that these bikes wr426/wr450 are awsome bikes and well designed they are suitable as an adventure bike only if you fit a cush drive rear end and suitable gearing. I have had a lot of experience in these engines and can give more info if anbody wants

Im going to fit a headlight/map reader assy in th enear future

My crazy bike build
yamahaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:15 PM   #87
MotoBoss
Tundra Thumper

Oddometer: 3,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaman

My two cents worth is that these bikes wr426/wr450 are awsome bikes and well designed they are suitable as an adventure bike only if you fit a cush drive rear end and suitable gearing. I have had a lot of experience in these engines and can give more info if anbody wants
I have a 07 WR450F and want to use it more on the road (black top) to get to the off road stuff. I have all the lights, signals, mirrors and street legal plated done and other than the gearing and new seat it's ready to go. My concern is how will it hold up. Will I need to change oil every other day (30 hrs)? Will this type of riding increase valve adjustment requirements? Will it wear the top end/bottom end out (very) quickly? Crush drive from what?

It's a great off road (dirt) bike but I'm tired of trailering to areas to ride. I would rather ride to ride the trails and dirt. Essentially I want a TAT bike from my WR but am worried about reliability and longevity. Any solutions or wisdom? Thanks

MotoBoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #88
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,463
98 WR400F... it's a great dual sport...

It lacks the easy button but it sure makes it up in the wheelie button department.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #89
Super Sport
Adventurer

Oddometer: 81
The WR450 works great for me as a dual sport, mostly because that's what's in the garage and paid for. I did a 500 mile off road trip this summer and had no problems at all. And I went places that you probably wouldn't wanna try with a KLR or other road-oriented bikes. So if you already own it, outfit it and try it.

Super Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #90
a1fa
Riding Nomad™

Oddometer: 13,463
I like mine, alot.