User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #136
HugoBLISS
here and gone....

Oddometer: 69
Thumb

Got one a few months back. Great piece o' kit!
HugoBLISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #137
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,922
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoBLISS View Post
Got one a few months back. Great piece o' kit!
...ditto dat, this thing is compact!
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red
'06 950 ADV Orangeboom
91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:46 AM   #138
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
...ditto dat, this thing is compact!
Thanks to all for the comments!
I worked hard to keep it small, simple and versatile to use and to pack.
With the pencil for scale and the cradel and foot removed it give you and idea.

Rapid Dog, a picture of how it packs up in your tooltube would be cool if you get a chance.
Thanks again!

Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #139
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,922
Thumb

...I'll see what all I got in that tube and do some arrangin' this weekend.
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red
'06 950 ADV Orangeboom
91 R100GSPD Derelict

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #140
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

It can make it faster if you mark the stand like this one for your bike. The suspension sag and the surface you are working on can affect the height setting you use but having it marked as a starting point makes things faster sometimes.

And you can use the brake strap on the rear brake on alot of bikes like this too, it is not as effective as using it on the front brake but it does help if you put the strap on and step on the brake pedal an then tighten the strap

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #141
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Oddometer: 8,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Does the trail stand come with a plastic paint protector on the top or is that just a handy improvement we should make ourselves when we get our stands?
Emmbeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 06:35 PM   #142
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
Does the trail stand come with a plastic paint protector on the top or is that just a handy improvement we should make ourselves when we get our stands?
Very good eye there Emmbeedee! I had thought about that, what you see here is just a piece of clear vinyl tubing from the hardware store that was added by the owner of this one. I don't use any tubing on the cradle myself but if you like the idea go for it. You should see your stand anyday, customs can add a few days to the shipping time, let me know when you get it if you can, and thanks again for the order?
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 03-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #143
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:
Very good eye there Emmbeedee! I had thought about that, what you see here is just a piece of clear vinyl tubing from the hardware store that was added by the owner of this one. I don't use any tubing on the cradle myself but if you like the idea go for it. You should see your stand anyday, customs can add a few days to the shipping time, let me know when you get it if you can, and thanks again for the order?
I'll probably add some tubing to mine, if I store the stand assembled, it might cushion that part and prevent it damaging other things in the tool kit.

And I'll probably get another stand soon, I thought it would make a good prize for the "longest distance ridden" to a dualsport event we're planning this Spring.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:04 AM   #144
FAW3
Old wanderer

Oddometer: 421
A great product at a great price point that hits a key need for dual sport bikes!

Two suggestions for a recurring issue I seem to face on most roadside (sometimes even garage side repairs): I have a bad habit of dropping/loosing small parts!!!

Finding a small grey nut in a field of grey gravel at dusk is no fun...now I pack a medium sized zip lock bag....all removed nuts/washers/bolts go in the bag. I found some that are about 1/2 gallon and shaped to sit on ground and be "open"...very easy to drop parts in and retrieve them. Easy to store and useful for many other things.

Small critical parts...like the cotter key clip and the cradle bracket for the TS Jack are a lot easier to find if you attach a small bright colored electrical zip tie to it and leave the "tail" long as a hi-vis tag BEFORE you drop it into the grass.

FAW3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:55 AM   #145
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmbeedee View Post
I'll probably add some tubing to mine, if I store the stand assembled, it might cushion that part and prevent it damaging other things in the tool kit.

And I'll probably get another stand soon, I thought it would make a good prize for the "longest distance ridden" to a dualsport event we're planning this Spring.

That tubing is clear vinyl tubing found in the area at Home Depot where the refrigerator icemaker plumbing parts are for reference. I'm sure you can get a foot of it cheap. The diameter of the cradle is .25 in. I'd probably take it will me, you need a size just a little bigger inside diameter to work it around the corner, and a little lube comes in handy, maybe just some a little water will do.

Emmbeedee, send me and email at endurostar@yahoo.com and I'll work with you on how to get you a Trail Stand for a door prize at your event, I'm sure we can work out a good deal because it helps your group and it helps me make more people aware of the Trail Stand and where they can get one.
Too bad we didn't do it on your order, the shipping would have not been any more because..

For international shipping I can ship up to 5 Trail Stands virtually anywhere in the world for $15 There might be some exceptions but I haven't found any yet and have sent stands to New Zealand, the Phillippines and South Africa, the only issue might be customs fees for a higher value of contents. I don't know of anybody yet that had to pay customs fees, no one has mentioned it but if you have let me know for future reference.
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 03-05-2011 at 07:20 AM
Old 03-05-2011, 06:36 AM   #146
Emmbeedee
Procrastinators

Quote:

I'll work with you on how to get you a Trail Stand for a door prize at your event
Hey, it would be great if we could work something out as a prize for the event. I'm thinking, if you can ship two in the same package, for the same price, that I may get another for myself. I'd have no problem paying for the shipping again, in that case.
Old 03-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #147
islano
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
Steve's stand

Nice product works great and small enough to strore in my front bag. Great product and nice person to deal with. Fast shipping to the Philippines.
Attached Images

islano screwed with this post 03-07-2011 at 05:38 PM
islano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:47 AM   #148
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by islano View Post
Nice product works great and small enough to strore in my front bag. Great product and nice person to deal with. Fast shipping to the Philippines.
Thanks islano! Glad you like it and that it got to the Philippines in short order. Also thanks for the picture, be sure to use the hook and loop strap on the front brake and turn the front wheel to the left, it really makes the bike very stable when lifting the rear wheel. Since I wrap the cradle with the strap to ship I want to make sure that people don't think that is what the strap is really for. I'm sure you just took a quick picture to post but I thought I'd take the chance to make sure that others understood the function of the strap.
Thanks again, I bet the Philippines is great place to ride, I'd love to see some ride reports from there, if you have some let me know.
Steve

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 03-09-2011, 06:57 AM   #149
Goosefeather
Captain Slow

Oddometer: 784
Ordered!
Goosefeather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:27 AM   #150
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goosefeather View Post
Ordered!
Thanks Goosefeather!
I sent you an email to let you know I can ship up to 5 Trail Stands to Australia for the same shipping price. It is a flat fee of $15 up to 4 lbs so at 10 oz each plus packing that is the max for the box I use. If you know one or two others who want one you can split the 15 shipping price with them.
I will ship your order at the time I mentioned in the email unless you let me know otherwise.

I just thought I'd post it here too so others will know it's an option.
Thanks again!
Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon