Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #226
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helltrack View Post
Thanks for the offer! I'd been thinking about getting one of your stands but couldn't get one in OZ! Just ordered one of your stands to pick up at the D2D.

Campbell.
Thanks Campbell, Australia to the Yukon, that one heck of a trip!
I will refund your shipping and send your's along with your name attached for pickup at D2D in Dawson.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #227
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antics View Post
Won't make it to D2D but I did just order one for my new 89 Transalp. Look forward to receiving it and I'll try to post some pics of it in use once I do!
Thanks Antics! I will be on the way to CA today!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #228
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
Tom I will refund your shipping and ..
Thanks! Refund just hit my email as I was writinhg this.
You doing D2D?
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #229
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S View Post
Thanks! Refund just hit my email as I was writinhg this.
You doing D2D?
Not making D2D, a little north for me this year. I am leading a ride at the Flint Hills Stampede here in Kansas next week, it's a multiple day ride and good time too!
Here's the link
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...hills+stampede
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-04-2011, 12:55 PM   #230
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisspy View Post
Well since you asked, I have 2.
1. You know those pictures of evolution showing chimp, ape, cromag, neandarthal, human, then something funny like Homer Simpson? Why not put together a series of a (wood) stick, motorcycle jack, then Trail Stand on tshirts, bumper stickers....?
2. for bikes with hollow axles, like WR250R with a 11.5 long x 7/16 inside diam. - can this be stored inside the axle? Hollow kickstand - same idea. Update your measurement page so I'll know if the existing will work with this idea (& order now) or if you can make version 3 to fit there.
3. mud accessory - kinda like the kickstand plate, a 4in dia plate should work better than a crushed can...I'd rather get one from you.
4. paint all parts florescent.
5. I can't count
6. group buy potential for 9/22/11 at Cromag...

Thanks for making a great product & make in the USA!
Interesting ideas chrisspy! I will check the axle idea out, other good thoughts too.
I have been considering a sticker that will attract attention and one that people will actually put on their bike. My friends and I always joke that we are not only riding but out on a "Bigfoot Hunt" so I am working on a sticker, here's my rough sketch, needs some refinement but you get the idea.
I will probably change the slogan to "We ride so Sasquatch cant hide!"
What do you guys think? (The yellow background would be white by the way)
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-06-2011, 07:09 PM   #231
Cromoth
I've been cloned

Oddometer: 493
Od?

Well hide the women & children...so what's the outside diameter?

Quote:
Interesting ideas chrisspy! I will check the axle idea out, other good thoughts too....
Old 06-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #232
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Well hide the women & children...so what's the outside diameter?
It's .50 inches in dia, which is 12.7mm.
I would be concerned about leaving it in the axle for an extended period, the crud and gunk buildup along with the water might make it into a semi-solid axle...
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 PM   #233
Cromoth
I've been cloned

Oddometer: 493
Ok

Upon closer inspection, the brake side has a taper so the chain side has ~15mm ID. I thought both were the same. I'll order & let you know how it fits.
Good point re. buildup. Either frequent checks/cleaning or silicone sealant should make that work. Is it rust proof due to the coating?

Quote:
It's .50 inches in dia, which is 12.7mm.
I would be concerned about leaving it in the axle for an extended period, the crud and gunk buildup along with the water might make it into a semi-solid axle...
Old 06-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #234
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Upon closer inspection, the brake side has a taper so the chain side has ~15mm ID. I thought both were the same. I'll order & let you know how it fits.
Good point re. buildup. Either frequent checks/cleaning or silicone sealant should make that work. Is it rust proof due to the coating?
The finish is a basic bright zinc to prevent rust, but it really isn't intended to be stored in the elements. I chose this finish with the intention it would be stored in some sort of bag or case. Other finishes are possible but the cost would not be worth it to the majority of buyers. Retention would be another concern, you wouldn't want it to fall out of an axle going down the road for many reasons, all bad that I can think of.

At one time I thought about designing a rear rack that you could attached the Trail Stand underneath to store it, using the hitch pin and the threaded foot, but I have not pursued that idea.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #235
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

I do want to mention that I will be off on a multi day ride this weekend (hey I gotta go riding too)

So any orders after today (about 8 C.S.T.) will ship Monday. Any orders I get I should be able to let people know I will ship Monday the 13th through email on my phone.
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #236
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

I'm back online and shipping the weekend orders tomorrow.
Went to the Flinthills Stampede, lead a 180 mile ride from the high open range lands of Chase county Kansas to the valleys and minimum maintenance roads in Greenwood county.

The first of many flats of the 140 or so riders attending was on my riding buddy's Bob's DRZ400. It rained a bit and he made it back to camp so instead of use the solid ground we got a few boards and headed for the soft ground withe the scarce shade back at camp.

There were quite a few Trail Stands out with the 15 ride groups, after a fair share of flats in each group there was a lot of interest back at camp and stands sold well, nothing like seeing it in use, especially on a hot day after many miles on the trail, it will be one of your favorite flat tire (or chain lubing) tools...if there is such a thing

Oh yea, we even made it down "Sleepy Hollow Road" and lived to tell the tale....

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 06-12-2011 at 07:06 PM
Old 06-12-2011, 08:01 PM   #237
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Is that BM's POS DRZ?
My wife bought a stand from you yesterday. I was thinking about getting one for my fat KLR for maintenance and such. I guess she read my mind. Hopefully it'll come in handy one of these days.
Thanks!
Yokomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 09:23 PM   #238
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokomo View Post
Is that BM's POS DRZ?
My wife bought a stand from you yesterday. I was thinking about getting one for my fat KLR for maintenance and such. I guess she read my mind. Hopefully it'll come in handy one of these days.
Thanks!
Yep you nailed it Yokomo , he picked up a small nail about 2 miles south of camp right as I headed into town, he aired it up and it held until he got back. Since we were back at camp it was a "3B" flat fix, 3 Beers and it looks good, I've got a few choice shot's of BM's tire changing form.....

I used mine yesterday on a new blue KLR at Teeter Rock, the pic below is after the repair action, my Husky is sitting in front of the KLR, I had the moose expedition bags on it for the FHS.

Thanks to you and your wife! Your wife knows a good product when she see's it! if I do say so myself

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 06-12-2011 at 09:32 PM
Old 06-16-2011, 06:08 PM   #239
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Here's a hunk of Flint Hills iron we dug out of a D606 last Saturday, If you haven't found something like this in a tire it's only a matter of time...

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #240
Yokomo
Gorilla Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,095
Damn Beemers!

Don't you put that curse on me!
Yokomo is offline   Reply With Quote