Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #16
gmsnowball
Black Bear Pass

Oddometer: 882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed-Rider
Thanks Steve !

Wouldn't want to be without one of these fine tools !

When it happens...I'll now be ready.

Take Care,

Ty Wood ( Minnesota )...where it is just too F'ing COLD !!!

Wow, small world again Ty. I have a trail stand for my Wee Strom.

12 Super Tenere
gmsnowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 460
THAT is an innovative and trick looking product! Should be one in the group for every trip to Baja. Beats hunting for the "perfect rock" or hump somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.

Props to you...
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:56 PM   #18
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weed-Rider
Thanks Steve !

Wouldn't want to be without one of these fine tools !

When it happens...I'll now be ready.

Take Care,

Ty Wood ( Minnesota )...where it is just too F'ing COLD !!!
Thanks Ty! Until it thaws out up there you could use the Trail Stand as a mini ice fishing rod! Maybe I should include some line and a hook!
We are getting it again in Kansas, we did get a short thaw now it's back into the deep freeze for a while.
Steve
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:07 PM   #19
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovebolt
THAT is an innovative and trick looking product! Should be one in the group for every trip to Baja. Beats hunting for the "perfect rock" or hump somewhere out in the middle of nowhere.

Props to you...
I appreciate the kind words Stovebolt, yes it has made my life easier on numerous occasions even when the flat wasn't mine. It's always fun to whip out your new gadget and "amaze and delight" your friends. And it makes it easier to supervise the repairs and offer the always helpful "well there's your problem!"

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-31-2010, 11:44 PM   #20
mikey_mike
n00b

Oddometer: 0
Would this fit the 690?
mikey_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:52 AM   #21
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_mike
Would this fit the 690?
Mike, I have not tried it in a 690, as I have only seen one around these parts.
As long as there is a frame tube in the area of the footpeg itwill work, I have even put it under the shock linkage on my te610 and it was fine or the forward area of the swingarm should work too. When you use The Velcro strap on the front brake it makes the bike very stable.
As far as the front you need a hole on a skidplate on the outer right side and since all bikes have different geometry it is up to the user to decide if lifting the front is practical on their bike. If you want to get one and try it out to decide if it works I will pay half the shipping to return it if you decide it doesn't work like you want.
Since it works on the SE950 and looking at 690 pics I would think it would work fine under the structure that the footpeg mounts to.
Steve
Here is a closeup pic of the Trail Stand under the KTM SE950 footpeg mounting structure.
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 02-01-2010 at 09:24 AM
Old 02-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #22
Ks-Rydr
from the land of Toto

Oddometer: 226
Thumb

Unfortunately, I can attest to Steve's stand working. I bought one of his earlier versions (wish I had one of the new models, but this one works great and I already have it), and have used it on my DR350's rear wheel while riding a dualsport in Arkansas, and have used it on my daughter's XR200's front wheel while we were riding in Chadwick, Mo..... Both times I was very glad I had it along, and it worked great for me, much better than lifting the bike over a log or something. Great idea Steve and thanks again.
P.S. I hope to catch you at the Hillbilly Dualsport this year.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:55 AM   #23
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ks-Rydr
Unfortunately, I can attest to Steve's stand working. I bought one of his earlier versions (wish I had one of the new models, but this one works great and I already have it), and have used it on my DR350's rear wheel while riding a dualsport in Arkansas, and have used it on my daughter's XR200's front wheel while we were riding in Chadwick, Mo..... Both times I was very glad I had it along, and it worked great for me, much better than lifting the bike over a log or something. Great idea Steve and thanks again.
P.S. I hope to catch you at the Hillbilly Dualsport this year.
Hey Rydr,
Thanks for the info, I'm planning to be in Eureka Springs this year, missed it last time around. Something to look forward to after the winter in these parts! Kudo's to David H for putting it together each year!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 02-20-2010, 08:08 AM   #24
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Lowest setting

I had a question the other day if it would fit a lowered DR650. Not knowing what height the frame was from the ground on a lowered DR650 I thought I would post a pic showing the Trail Stand at it's lowest setting, approximately 11.5 inches from to the cradle support. Since you tip the bike on it's kickstand to use the Trail Stand the dimension you would want to check is how far from the ground to the frame when your bike is tilted on the kickstand just enough to get the rear tire about 1/2 inch or so off the ground.

Any more questions post here, others may have a the same question.

Thanks for all the orders, There are Trail Stands from Alaska to North Carolina! and many spots in between. I'd like to see some pics of the Trail Stand in use from your garage to out in the boonies, so post 'em if you got em!

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 02-28-2010, 02:50 PM   #25
Ks-Rydr
from the land of Toto

Oddometer: 226
Steve, I thought I would see you at the Motorcycle Show this weekend at the Kansas Colleseum. If you were there, I missed you. If you weren't there, you should have had a booth, because you surely missed a good oppertunity to show off your trail-stand. It looked like they had a great turn-out, at least when I was there. I was there from 10am until around 2:30pm Saturday. A lot of people and a darn good show. Pretty much everything motorcycle was there, not just the "chopper" crowd. I was both surprised and impressed at how well the show was put together. It was just what our area needed. Wish I would have ran into you there....
Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 AM   #26
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,465
Looks good and works . I hope your filed with the patent office. You don't want to end up the like the guys whom invent polar fleece. They got fleece so to speak. You should apply for that show the sharks den. You could make a mint with it.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:30 AM   #27
bwringer
Gimpy, Yet Alacritous

Oddometer: 2,077
Got Mine!

Ordered on Saturday, received on Monday.

How dey do dat?

Once you have the stand in your hands, you start to see how thoroughly and thoughtfully engineered this thing is. Very nice!

I'll enlist an assistant, try it on my V-Strom and report back. I do have a skid plate up front, so I think I should be able to lift the front wheel with it.
"Do not crinkle your food wrappers loudly. Be considerate to others, or I will bite your torso and give you a disease."
bwringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 05:02 PM   #28
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwringer
Ordered on Saturday, received on Monday.

How dey do dat?

Once you have the stand in your hands, you start to see how thoroughly and thoughtfully engineered this thing is. Very nice!

I'll enlist an assistant, try it on my V-Strom and report back. I do have a skid plate up front, so I think I should be able to lift the front wheel with it.
Oh, I've got a few shipping tricks up my sleeve.....

Actually USPS priority 2-3 day is great, and it's less than the other shipping options and much faster. So far I've had very good luck with the USPS

Thanks for the review, I spent a lot of time to design the Trail Stand to be tall enough for dual sport bikes but compact enough to pack and not be in the way.
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 03-02-2010 at 10:59 PM
Old 03-05-2010, 09:02 AM   #29
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,606
very nice work looks great, hope i don't need it!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:17 AM   #30
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying59
Looks good and works . I hope your filed with the patent office. You don't want to end up the like the guys whom invent polar fleece. They got fleece so to speak. You should apply for that show the sharks den. You could make a mint with it.
Thanks for your thoughts and comments. I have thought about it but there are several of this type of product on the market. This is one of the few I've know of that will work on dual sport and enduro bikes and the only one that packs up this compact. Mine is unique in that aspect but I dont know if it is enough to justify the cost of a patent and there are a lot of companies that will tell you what you want to hear to fleece you out of patent prep fees.
Anybody that can educate me a little more I'm all ears.
Tell your friends, if I sell a truck load maybe I'll change my mind!
(I was gonna say a "ship load" but the Trail Stand is made in the USA so "no ships" involved)
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 03-06-2010 at 10:27 AM