Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #106
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
The hitch pin has a calculated 400 lb shear strength for instance. I don't rate the stand that high because it doesn't need to be for it's intended use and besides "the hulk" whose going to pick up 400 lbs.....not me...
Steve, I lost my hitch pin, will you sell one separate? I'm afraid to go to Lowe's/Home Depot for the very reason of shear strength. Would hate to get someone hurt by having the stand shear the pin while in use!

Thanks,

DQ
OKDQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #107
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
Steve, I lost my hitch pin, will you sell one separate? I'm afraid to go to Lowe's/Home Depot for the very reason of shear strength. Would hate to get someone hurt by having the stand shear the pin while in use!

Thanks,

DQ
Hey OKDQ, no problem just send me your address and I will mail you a couple!
I can look it up but if you send me your address to endurostar@yahoo.com it will be easier.

Since I cant say with 100% certainty that "any" hairpin cotter that is .091" in diameter will work these days with some of the inferior materials that come from overseas let me say that any good quality hairpin cotter 3/32" in diameter will have no problem when used with the Trail Stand.

Think about it, the weight you are putting on the pin is the weight you are lifting, I haven't measured it but I don't think there are many bikes that you are supporting more that 75 lbs, maybe 100, none that I have found to my knowledge. So if you need one to get you by don't worry about it, if it has enough strength to spring back like it should it will be hardened enough to do the job. I should do some more testing with "Lowe's type" Hairpin cotters just to be sure but I would be very surprised if they are not up to the task.

I remember your order, I bet we know some of the same riders in the area, do you go to "Uncle Daves" Hillbilly DualSport ride in Eureka Springs around the first of April?

Steve
ESP llc
Cagiva Gran Canyon
sTE610vE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:30 AM   #108
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sTE610vE View Post
I bet we know some of the same riders in the area, do you go to "Uncle Daves" Hillbilly DualSport ride in Eureka Springs around the first of April?

Steve
ESP llc
I went last year for one day of the Hillbilly DS, but I'm planning on attending again this year.

Paid to attend the Flint Hills Stampede last summer, but had to bail out at the last moment...going to try to make it this year.

I emailed my address to you, thanks for an excellent product and excellent service.

DQ
Old 12-30-2010, 12:14 PM   #109
1224R
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,711
Just ordered three for me and my buddies... Now they don't have to ask for mine!!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM   #110
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKDQ View Post
I went last year for one day of the Hillbilly DS, but I'm planning on attending again this year.

Paid to attend the Flint Hills Stampede last summer, but had to bail out at the last moment...going to try to make it this year.

I emailed my address to you, thanks for an excellent product and excellent service.

DQ
Both of these rides are great!

I plan to be at the Hillbilly DS ride again this year too. I ride a Husky TE610E here's a pic. I have some Enduro Star Products stickers on the sidepanels these days, look me up at the campfire!

I'm planning to lead a ride at the Flinthills Stampede again this year, hope you can make it!

Here's the link to the Flinthills Stampede Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=stampede+2011

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 12-30-2010, 04:09 PM   #111
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Steve, got your email. Thanks for mailing the new cotter pins - I owe you a beer - I'll pay up at Eureka Springs!

Thanks again for the great service!
Old 12-30-2010, 05:55 PM   #112
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1224R View Post
Just ordered three for me and my buddies... Now they don't have to ask for mine!!!!
Thanks 1224R!
I sent you an email with details.

Even better than "supervising" while a buddy changes his flat with your Trail Stand....not having to get your Trail Stand out of your kit.....Brilliant!
Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 01-07-2011, 01:28 PM   #113
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Trails Stands in stock

The Trail Stands have arrived from the platers and will be shipping out today and tomorrow 2-3 day Priority!

The Trail Stand is becoming very popular as more of them are put in use and riders see how compact, lightweight and easy to use they are. Check it out at www.endurostar.com

The orders will ship in the order recieved, what I can't get shipped this evening by the shipping deadline will ship out tomorrow, Saturday. All orders will recieve emails with the shipping info and tracking numbers.

Update Saturday 1/08: All orders have shipped!

Thanks for all the orders!

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to post them!

One of my favorite pics of the Trail Stand in action in BAJA on a fully loaded DR650

[IMG][/IMG]
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 01-08-2011 at 08:19 AM
Old 02-05-2011, 01:24 PM   #114
Wannabike
n00b

Oddometer: 1
I've been looking for something like this for ages. Looks like just the job, ordered one on Friday, lets see how quick USPS can get one to New Zealand.

Update - the stand arrived after 4 days - pretty good service from the US to New Zealand in 4 days! Looks like a great piece of kit, thanks for the quick turnaround Steve.

Wannabike screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 01:25 AM
Wannabike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #115
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabike View Post
I've been looking for something like this for ages. Looks like just the job, ordered one on Friday, lets see how quick USPS can get one to New Zealand.

Update - the stand arrived after 4 days - pretty good service from the US to New Zealand in 4 days! Looks like a great piece of kit, thanks for the quick turnaround Steve.
WOW, I didn't think it would get all the way to NEW ZEALAND that fast! They say 6-10 days + customs time, your customs in New Zealand must be really fast!

Thanks Wannabike Tell your friends in New Zealand and snap a pic or two of it in action....when you have to fix one of your friends tires of course!
Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 02-10-2011 at 10:52 AM
Old 02-18-2011, 09:11 AM   #116
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

International Shipping

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING is now available to most places by USPS Priority for a flat rate of $19!

Since the Trail Stand only weighs 10 oz and packs so small it means you can get 1 or up to 5 Trail Stands shipped around the world for only $19!
So if you want to cut that shipping rate even more split it with a friend on a couple of stands.

The Trail Stand can be packed completely assembled or with the foot and cradle removed and it extends from 11.5 (29.2 cm) to 20 (50.8 cm) inches tall.

And also included is the front brake strap-lock that significantly increases stability on any bike by locking the front wheel brake when working on the rear.

If you have any questions post them here.

Visit www.endurostar.com to order

Cagiva Gran Canyon

sTE610vE screwed with this post 01-24-2012 at 05:58 PM
Old 02-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #117
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
Ordered!

I've been holding out on myself and waiting to order one, but pulled the trigger and am happy. It'll undoubtedly come in handy somewhere along the way south!

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #118
intotheabis
High on life!

Oddometer: 583
Ordered

Just placed the order for mine, been putting it off for a while as well but I know if I don't get one I will surely live to regret it
Old 02-19-2011, 07:05 AM   #119
sTE610vE OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
I've been holding out on myself and waiting to order one, but pulled the trigger and am happy. It'll undoubtedly come in handy somewhere along the way south!

--Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by intotheabis View Post
Just placed the order for mine, been putting it off for a while as well but I know if I don't get one I will surely live to regret it
Thanks bigalsmith101 and intotheabis! They will be on the way today!

It may not be you but it seems like somebody on a ride with several bikes always gets a flat. The Trail Stand get's the group back riding that much faster and you don't have to hold the bike up....we had to take turns holding up a Honda Transalp on one of those multiple flat days which was the inspiration for the Trail Stand. And if you don't have to spend time looking for rocks or sticks that will work, if there are any, you can spend a couple of extra minutes making sure you get the tire fixed right, so it doesn't go flat 5 miles down the road........that never happens right?...

Here's a pic of an earlier prototype holding up a 450 Honda, which shows why you want a stand that is tall enough to work on any bike. This photo was at the top of "bent rim hill" in SE Oklahoma a few years back, 2 flats on two bikes and one nasty bent rim on the Husky (mine) at the top, but what a great ride!

Cagiva Gran Canyon
Old 02-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #120
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 766
Ordered, paid for, and recieved in less then 48hrs.

Awesome! I honestly don't think that any of the pictures do this Trail Stand justice. I knew I could rely on other inmate's responses in regards to the quality of the product, but I just couldn't convince myself (without holding it in my hand) that it didn't look a bit flimsy.

So it arrived today. And this is one beefy piece of metal. From the vendor's pictures,

It is hard to tell/see that the TUBE has 2 separate holes, a half inch apart, to accept the pin that will go through both the TUBE and the ROD. The ROD has holes spaced every inch. This allows for adjustment of the ROB inside the TUBE in half inch measurements. Very simple yet clever.

The cradle piece in the photos looks a bit dinky, but rest assured, that cradle is NOT going to bed. and is similar in diameter to a #2 pencil. No weenie stuff here.

Deflection of the ROD inside the TUBE is minimal. The inside diameter of the TUBE is as close as it could be in relationship to the outside diameter of the ROD to allow for acceptable entry of the ROD with minimal friction over the distance inserted. (Who's going to quote this?)

The removable foot is a nice feature, but I don't think I will ever remove the foot. Though, for those inclined it seems like it would make for an easy modification platform for adding/welding on a substantially larger foot. Though I doubt I'll do that either.

Hey Steve, maybe you could offer a bigger foot for a couple extra bucks? I bet lots of inmates would jump on that.

Last but not least. The velcro strap is a good idea as well. Simply yet effective front brake lever holder.

All in all, there is not enough going on in this product not to give it a 5 star rating.

Quality product, fast shipping, great customer service, awesome inmate.

Well done Steve.

--Alex

bigalsmith101 screwed with this post 02-22-2011 at 08:47 PM
bigalsmith101 is online now   Reply With Quote