ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 08:03 AM   #1
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,370
Upcoming COG Rides

Since us COGgers can't sit still, even in the dead of winter, I wanted to let ya'll know of a couple of Mid-Atlantic Region COG rides coming up in the near future. As with all COG rides, everyone is welcome.

The first one, in Feb., will start out in Gordonsville, VA. We will meet at the Inwood Restaurant (540-832-3411) on Route 15, just north of the roundabout in Gordonsville, VA, at 9 AM Sunday morning February 21st. A ride will follow, weather permitting. Hope for blue skies and clean roads; this is normally the coldest ride of the year. Got electrics?

The next one, our (13th. ??) annual Crab Cakes Ride, will be an overnighter (AKA camping) on Mar. 27 and 28. We will meet at Holly's Restaurant located east of the Bay Bridge on the service road on the north side of Rt. 50 at exit 43B, heading east (exit 43A if you’re heading west). Directions and a map are available at www.hollsrest.com.

We plan to meet for breakfast at 9:00 am (Sat. morning) and will depart the restaurant around 10 am and ride the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware. The ride will end at Elk Neck State Park in North East Maryland where we will camp for the night.

Campsites allow 2 tents per site. Hookup with a COG friend, or other inmate, and make reservations by calling 1.888.432.2267 or online at: reservations.dnr.state.md.us and ask for camp site #230 to #240 area which is close to the bath house.

Reservation have been made at Woody’s Crab House in North East MD for dinner Sat. night at 6:30 pm for, what else, crab cakes. Woody’s is located at 29 South Main Street if you cannot make the ride and want to join us for the evening please let me know so I can put your name on the list for dinner. Sunday morning we have reservations at Pier 1 Restaurant for breakfast at 8.30 am. This is located at 1 North Main Street, North East MD.

And finally, there may be another impromptu ride starting out in Port Royal (VA) later this month. We usually meet up at Hornes Restaurant for breakfast, then head off, again, somewhere. Stay tuned to this station for updates as we piece this one together.

Hope ya'll can make one, or all of these events.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
Since us COGgers can't sit still, even in the dead of winter, I wanted to let ya'll know of a couple of Mid-Atlantic Region COG rides coming up in the near future. As with all COG rides, everyone is welcome.

The first one, in Feb., will start out in Gordonsville, VA. We will meet at the Inwood Restaurant (540-832-3411) on Route 15, just north of the roundabout in Gordonsville, VA, at 9 AM Sunday morning February 21st. A ride will follow, weather permitting. Hope for blue skies and clean roads; this is normally the coldest ride of the year. Got electrics?

The next one, our (13th. ??) annual Crab Cakes Ride, will be an overnighter (AKA camping) on Mar. 27 and 28. We will meet at Holly's Restaurant located east of the Bay Bridge on the service road on the north side of Rt. 50 at exit 43B, heading east (exit 43A if you’re heading west). Directions and a map are available at www.hollsrest.com.

We plan to meet for breakfast at 9:00 am (Sat. morning) and will depart the restaurant around 10 am and ride the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware. The ride will end at Elk Neck State Park in North East Maryland where we will camp for the night.

Campsites allow 2 tents per site. Hookup with a COG friend, or other inmate, and make reservations by calling 1.888.432.2267 or online at: reservations.dnr.state.md.us and ask for camp site #230 to #240 area which is close to the bath house.

Reservation have been made at Woody’s Crab House in North East MD for dinner Sat. night at 6:30 pm for, what else, crab cakes. Woody’s is located at 29 South Main Street if you cannot make the ride and want to join us for the evening please let me know so I can put your name on the list for dinner. Sunday morning we have reservations at Pier 1 Restaurant for breakfast at 8.30 am. This is located at 1 North Main Street, North East MD.

And finally, there may be another impromptu ride starting out in Port Royal (VA) later this month. We usually meet up at Hornes Restaurant for breakfast, then head off, again, somewhere. Stay tuned to this station for updates as we piece this one together.

Hope ya'll can make one, or all of these events.

MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:57 AM   #3
HBN
is car free

Oddometer: 11,942
Great thanks for the info. Something tells me this will become a popular thread once the events start up.
HBurgNinja - The Thread | HBN Boondocking the Nation | Beards to Canada
HBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBurgNinja
Great thanks for the info. Something tells me this will become a popular thread once the events start up.
I'm yakking with a fella up in MD about the January ride out of Port Royal. This is usually led by a fella from King George, VA, but he hasn't chimed in yet. If all else fails, I'll lead this one.

Again, updates as we know them.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,584
A few years ago when I left here for the Gordonsville Ride it was 28 F, thought "can't get any worse than this". When I rolled into Gordonsville it was 17F and there was snow on side of the roads. Took us some extra time to get moving out of the breakfast spot. Do we really NEED to ride today, sure, why not. Turned out to be a really nice day.

Connie didn't feel all that warm then!!! Glad I have the FJR now, the Wee is a little "chilly" in those conditions.
COG 5903
roger123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger123
A few years ago when I left here for the Gordonsville Ride it was 28 F, thought "can't get any worse than this". When I rolled into Gordonsville it was 17F and there was snow on side of the roads. Took us some extra time to get moving out of the breakfast spot. Do we really NEED to ride today, sure, why not. Turned out to be a really nice day.

Connie didn't feel all that warm then!!! Glad I have the FJR now, the Wee is a little "chilly" in those conditions.
I "think" I was on the KLR for that one. No wind protection on that bike.

Correction: If this was the ride, I was on the Connie:

Think this was the first one Mickey (Madstrom) joined in on a COG ride.

Guy Young screwed with this post 01-03-2010 at 11:46 AM
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I "think" I was on the KLR for that one. No wind protection on that bike.

Correction: If this was the ride, I was on the Connie:

Think this was the first one Mickey (Madstrom) joined in on a COG ride.
Yup, that's the one!!
COG 5903
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Yup, that's the one!!

Hey Pat, love your hat ....I bet it felt good that morning . The only thing that got cold for me was my finger tips. That won't happen this year. My "Hot Grips" and the Lee Parks "DeerTour's" fixed that problem. I'm looking forward to this one.

MADSTROM screwed with this post 01-03-2010 at 06:03 PM
Old 01-03-2010, 05:35 PM   #9
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM
Hey Pat, love your hat ....I bet it felt good that morning . The only thing that got cold for me was my finger tips. That won't happen this year. My "Hot Grips" and the Lee Parks "DeerTour's" fixed that problem. I'm looking forward to this one.
I think Roger's were too. Lookit the way he is fondling that cuppaJoe.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #10
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Thumb Okay, it's official!!!

One impromptu COG/ADV ride coming up for Jan. 23 (Saturday). Meeting place will be at Horne's Restaurant in Port Royal at 9:00 for breakfast. For those who haven't been, Horne's is at the intersection of Routes 301 and 17.

A 100+ mile ride will follow taking us over through, and down the Northern Neck, stopping at Christ Church for a little culture, then back across the rivah continuing SE for a spin around Gwynn's island, ending up in Mathews for lunch. Restaurant TBD.

Of course, all of this is weather permitting.

Hope to see you there.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
One impromptu COG/ADV ride coming up for Jan. 23 (Saturday). Meeting place will be at Horne's Restaurant in Port Royal at 9:00 for breakfast. For those who haven't been, Horne's is at the intersection of Routes 301 and 17.

A 100+ mile ride will follow taking us over through, and down the Northern Neck, stopping at Christ Church for a little culture, then back across the rivah continuing SE for a spin around Gwynn's island, ending up in Mathews for lunch. Restaurant TBD.

Of course, all of this is weather permitting.

Hope to see you there.

I'm in iffin it's not raining
Old 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

I can see this as a possibility depending on work. 150 mile blast up to Breekie and then back towards this area.

Is that the Church you stopped by once when we were ridding in that area?
COG 5903
Old 01-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #13
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I can see this as a possibility depending on work. 150 mile blast up to Breekie and then back towards this area.

Is that the Church you stopped by once when we were ridding in that area?
Forgot about that, but also can't remember why we were over that way. It was one of my State Tags too awhile back:

I shot the below pix in Jan. '03 when I rode up there just for the heck of it. I used to occasionally work around the corner at a boat yard in Weems, which had a railway to bring Menhaden boats up out of the river for hull work. Wanted to get back just to take a looksee.

http://gbyoung2.smugmug.com/Motorcyc.../3842962_kcMuh

Guy Young screwed with this post 01-03-2010 at 07:41 PM
Guy Young is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,431
Great!
Hopefully I won't be on call this time and can do more than just have breakfast with you all!!!
Bob
Old 01-04-2010, 05:46 AM   #15
roger123
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Forgot about that, but also can't remember why we were over that way. It was one of my State Tags too awhile back:
I couldn't remember either but I was leading some guys up that way and we somehow met up. Maybe heading to a COG gathering? It was a day ride of some sort as I wasn't loaded down for camping and I don't remember it being cold.
COG 5903