ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2010, 05:24 AM   #76
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinrichmond

The Inwood Restaurant in Gordonsville had great/plentiful food and wonderful service...

I was so hungry that I got 1/2 way through before remembering to take some obligatory pics...
Thank for the pics Mike.

Can't say I've ever had a bad meal at the Inwood in the 7 or so years we've been going up there. Service has been a little iffy at times (over-whelmed them?), but they did a stellar job this time around.

I completely forgot about taking a vittles shot. My mushroom omelet/taters/biscuit was too inviting and I just jumped on it. Very good.

Danged contractor never did come by, but at least I enjoyed a nice ride back... going down 15 to Fork Union, 6 to 522 at Maidens, then 711 to Huegenot (sp?) to Chippenham and home. Really wanted to hit Mikes in HB, but that wasn't in the cards this time.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:42 AM   #77
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Mike, that was from VIrginia Beach, 165 miles to get there, if there's a reward I want it so I can buy some lectris. Getting there took 64 all the way, but going home at least I took 33 to Richmond and then 64, yea it was really COLD going there but the ride back was WARM, did't need no lectrics. Yea I liked the Inwood, big man food, no wussie portion's. Wonder what time Pat and crew got to Scottsville, Pat always scares me with his concept of time, wonder what time they got there (Pee Wee's) I was concerned in would be near 4 or 5 for lunch and then I would have a four hour commute home.
But as always I enjoyed the COG/ADV get together.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #78
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyhof
Mike, that was from VIrginia Beach, 165 miles to get there, if there's a reward I want it so I can buy some lectris. Getting there took 64 all the way, but going home at least I took 33 to Richmond and then 64, yea it was really COLD going there but the ride back was WARM, did't need no lectrics. Yea I liked the Inwood, big man food, no wussie portion's. Wonder what time Pat and crew got to Scottsville, Pat always scares me with his concept of time, wonder what time they got there (Pee Wee's) I was concerned in would be near 4 or 5 for lunch and then I would have a four hour commute home.
I had to chuckle at that, but you are correct. As mentioned earlier, I've never had a bad meal there and have always left with a full gut..... which always causes issues trying to get the 'Stich zipped back up out in the parking lot.

I left work early (like half an hour ago early) for the first time 'cause I feel like $hite. Hopefully, whatever ails me will be gone soon. I'm not a "sick" person (no comments from the peanut gallery), so this is a rarity for me.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #79
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,435
Quote:
Pat & I got there about 4:00. We parted ways and headed home about 4:30. I got home right at 6:00.

MADSTROM screwed with this post 03-03-2010 at 06:06 PM
MADSTROM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:08 AM   #80
tommyhof
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM
Pat & I got there about 4:00. We parted wasand headed home about 4:30. I got home right at 6:00.
4PM, now I really am glad I booked, I would not have been home till 8 or 9 at best, like I said, for Pat lunch is around 3-5 if you're lucky.
COG 6517
tommyhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:58 PM   #81
mikeinrichmond
Farkleus Maximus

Oddometer: 2,773
Quote:
4PM, now I really am glad I booked, I would not have been home till 8 or 9 at best, like I said, for Pat lunch is around 3-5 if you're lucky.
Yea, I was thinking about heading straight home 'cause I was pretty tired, but wound up getting a second wind as it got warmer and decided to let the GPS be my Muse, hit some nice backroads, and wound up in Scottsville anyways around 2:30 IIRC? Had a great lunch as usual and was expecting folks to pull up at any time, even gave the heads-up to the gal working there, but no show by the time I left. That's ok, 'cause it was a nice quiet lunch, and I picked up a quart of the BBQ and awesome Mac and Cheese to go..Definitely one of my fav. spots to stop when I'm out that way.

Even thought about going to look at the Ferry again, but my numerously consistent failures on riding the dern thing this past year still stings..
Hope it gets funding for the coming year 'cause I still wanna ride that Mo-Fo!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #82
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Just in.......

One planned stop at Diamond Motor Sports in Dover Delaware and they will have snack for us to stop and enjoy.

MARCH 27-28 Saturday & Sunday. Crab Cakes Ride

We will meet at Holly's Restaurant. Holly's is located east of the Bay Bridge on the service road on the north side of Rt. 50 at exit 43B, heading east (exit 43A if you're heading west). Directions and a map are available at
www.hollysrest.com

We plan to meet for breakfast at 9:00 am and will depart the restaurant around 10 am and ride the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware. The ride will end at Elk Neck State Park in North East Maryland where we will camp for the night. Campsites allow 2 tents per site. Hookup with a COG friend and make reservations by calling 1-888-432-2267 or reservations.dnr.state.md.us and ask for camp site # 230 to # 240 area which is close to the bath house.

Reservation have been made at WOODY’S CRAB HOUSE in North East MD for dinner at 6:30 pm for CRAB CAKES. Woody's is located at 29 South Main Street if you cannot make the ride and want to join us for the evening please let me know so I can put your name on the list for dinner.

Sunday morning we have reservations at PIER 1 RESTAURANT for breakfast at 8.30 am. Which is located at 1 North Main Street, North East MD

Old 03-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #83
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

And lest we forget......

there is another event coming up in Pickens, WV on March 20... namely the Maple Syrup Festival.

Not a COG event, per se, but I plan on being there again (4th. year). No camping in Helvetia (Brrrr!) this time, but I'll be staying in the comfort of the Canaan Vally Resort for yet, another event put on by a long time COG member (COG #62), Jason, from Johnstown, PA. Called the "Friends of Jason" (FOJ) get-together, a number of rooms have been set aside taking advantage of Canaan's special (38th. Anniversary) rate of $38/night. Their bar prices are discounted accordingly. Just sayin.................

We're booked and the vacation is scheduled. Hopefully this white stuff will clear out enough to where we can ride, otherwise, I'll be in the Dodge.

If interested, make your reservations with Canaan and request the Beer... oops, the Deer Lodge.

Guy Young screwed with this post 03-01-2010 at 04:44 PM
Guy Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 06:01 PM   #84
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Sounds like fun ... Uh ... ... How much snow is still on the roads/ground up there . Co Route 46/Helvetia-Adolph Rd is narly enough in good weather. Of course the snow could fill in the splits in the pavment .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Young
there is another event coming up in Pickens, WV on March 20... namely the Maple Syrup Festival.

Not a COG event, per se, but I plan on being there again (4th. year). No camping in Helvetia (Brrrr!) this time, but I'll be staying in the comfort of the Canaan Vally Resort for yet, another event put on by a long time COG member (COG #62), Jason, from Johnstown, PA. Called the "Friends of Jason" (FOJ) get-together, a number of rooms have been set aside taking advantage of Canaan's special (38th. Anniversary) rate of $38/night. Their bar prices are discounted accordingly. Just sayin.................

We're booked and the vacation is scheduled. Hopefully this white stuff will clear out enough to where we can ride, otherwise, I'll be in the Dodge.

If interested, make your reservations with Canaan and request the Beer... oops, the Deer Lodge.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #85
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTROM
Sounds like fun ... Uh ... ... How much snow is still on the roads/ground up there . Co Route 46/Helvetia-Adolph Rd is narly enough in good weather. Of course the snow could fill in the splits in the pavment .
Those aren't splits. They intentionally paved it that way so they didn't have to repaint the center line.

Actually, that area (coming down the hill towards the mine and RR tracks) was nice, new clean asphalt the last time I was through there. The area just past the church after the steep uphill "S" turn was worse. It hadn't been touched.

We'll see what it looks like in a couple of weeks.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #86
MADSTROM
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Those aren't splits. They intentionally paved it that way so they didn't have to repaint the center line.
Yeah ... you can't miss it's deep enough to hook a front wheel in really good if you are not paying attention and you know how steep the drop-off is in there

I'm looking forward to this one.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 PM   #87
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Bump

Quote:
One planned stop at Diamond Motor Sports in Dover Delaware and they will have snack for us to stop and enjoy.

MARCH 27-28 Saturday & Sunday. Crab Cakes Ride
We will meet at Holly's Restaurant. Holly's is located east of the Bay Bridge on the service road on the north side of Rt. 50 at exit 43B, heading east (exit 43A if you're heading west). Directions and a map are available at
www.hollysrest.com

We plan to meet for breakfast at 9:00 am and will depart the restaurant around 10 am and ride the eastern shore of Maryland and Delaware. The ride will end at Elk Neck State Park in North East Maryland where we will camp for the night. Campsites allow 2 tents per site. Hookup with a COG friend and make reservations by calling 1-888-432-2267 or reservations.dnr.state.md.us and ask for camp site # 230 to # 240 area which is close to the bath house.

Reservation have been made at WOODY’S CRAB HOUSE in North East MD for dinner at 6:30 pm for CRAB CAKES. Woody's is located at 29 South Main Street if you cannot make the ride and want to join us for the evening please let me know so I can put your name on the list for dinner.

Sunday morning we have reservations at PIER 1 RESTAURANT for breakfast at 8.30 am. Which is located at 1 North Main Street, North East MD
I, and at least one other will be rolling out the Richmond area around 6:00. Intended route is up 95 to 207 (AP Hill exit), then 301 on up to 50 and east across the Bay Bridge to Holly's.

Lemme know if you're interested so we can make hook-up arrangements.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #88
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Bump

I, and at least two others will be rolling out the Richmond area around 6:00. Intended route is up 95 to 207 (AP Hill exit), then 301 on up to 50 and east across the Bay Bridge to Holly's.

Lemme know if you're interested so we can make hook-up arrangements.

Old 03-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #89
dawgwhat
No Earthy Idea

Oddometer: 567
baseball baseball baseball

just a catch 22 thats all
Old 03-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #90
Guy Young OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgwhat