Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #436
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Hey, Cody. Ghost is up there with some 950 jetting issues at altitude. Do you have his number? Maybe you can suggest something. I think he is either in Lake City or maybe Gunnison by now.
Otw back. I run Pyndon specs at all altitudes in wife car s of Pueblo roght this sec. Don't have his # anymore
Old 07-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #437
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 845
Moving?

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me asking a question or four.

I'm currently living in Ohio and have a job interview next week in DFW. (final job location somewhere in N Texas, Gainsville-ish)

I wanted to check out the local ADV opportunities before I decide on taking this job as I would be really bummed if there's not much going on. (yep, I really would turn it down if there's no good riding)

I found a few threads but you guys don't seem to take as many pics as the FF's I ride with in Ohio. Anything fun to ride reasonably close? Trails in particular. I kind of looks like there is stuff east and west of Gainsville. (found the Bulcher pics and video - that looked fun)

Central Ohio does suck, but I at least have access to cool stuff within an hours ride. 2 hours to really fun stuff.

Thanks!!

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #438
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

2 hrs gets you to Talimena.

You're welcome.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #439
JasonH
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
I grew up in Gainesville - haven't lived there in a long time but I still go there occasionally as I'm only about an hour away. For trails, Bulcher and Rocky Ridge are your best bets. Lake Murray has some trails that are pretty fun too.
Dirt road-wise, you're far enough away from the metroplex that there's still lots of dirt county roads to explore. And like Cody said, you're only a couple hours from SE Oklahoma where there's tons of riding to do.
There's other neat stuff about it unrelated to riding. If you have any questions, let me know.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #440
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
I grew up in Gainesville - haven't lived there in a long time but I still go there occasionally as I'm only about an hour away. For trails, Bulcher and Rocky Ridge are your best bets. Lake Murray has some trails that are pretty fun too.
Dirt road-wise, you're far enough away from the metroplex that there's still lots of dirt county roads to explore. And like Cody said, you're only a couple hours from SE Oklahoma where there's tons of riding to do.
There's other neat stuff about it unrelated to riding. If you have any questions, let me know.
Sweet. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I'm here now and flying back out later today. It's looking pretty possible, as long as the money is there, I'm TX bound.

If I get this, I hope you boys don't might a dirt girl tagging along....I'm kind of slow, but learning fast and keeping up better and better with each ride. (completely hooked on this stuff!)

Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #441
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
Sweet. Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I'm here now and flying back out later today. It's looking pretty possible, as long as the money is there, I'm TX bound.

If I get this, I hope you boys don't might a dirt girl tagging along....I'm kind of slow, but learning fast and keeping up better and better with each ride. (completely hooked on this stuff!)
You're more than welcome!

We try to keep a local monthly meet going around the metromess.

Join us if you're interested!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #442
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius View Post
You're more than welcome!

We try to keep a local monthly meet going around the metromess.

Join us if you're interested!

I found that thread. we do a weekly dinner here and I always bring cookies so I'll be sure to carry on the tradition in TX.

Day 2 of the interview was awesome. Awaiting the offer letter. I'll keep you guys posted. It will be 4 weeks in OK, then 3 weeks in Reno and then finally landing somewhere near Pilot Point around Oct 1.

Fingers and toes crossed!

Old 07-27-2012, 10:31 PM   #443
norcalwelder
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Figured I'd drop in and say hi. I'm a 20 year old college student over in Longview riding an FZ6. I've been down there for two years now, and when I go back in a couple weeks, I'll bring the bike which will make things a bit more fun. Any suggestions on good places to ride to and camp? I've been to Lake of the Pines a couple times, nice place.
Old 07-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #444
Dirt2007
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,739
Quote:
I found that thread. we do a weekly dinner here and I always bring cookies so I'll be sure to carry on the tradition in TX.

!
Did you say cookies? We do a weekly dinner ride on Tuesday in Tulsa. It's not that far
Dirt2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #445
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt2007 View Post
Did you say cookies? We do a weekly dinner ride on Tuesday in Tulsa. It's not that far

Nice! I'll try to make that occasionally!

Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #446
Kürbczech
Almost tacticool...

Oddometer: 601
Quote:
You definitely won't be the only lady playing in the dirt down here! Good luck with the interviews!
Old 08-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #447
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Got it!

Got the job! I'll be in OK and Reno until about the first week in October, then TX!

Old 08-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #448
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,316
Quote:
Got the job! I'll be in OK and Reno until about the first week in October, then TX!

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:35 PM   #449
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer

Oddometer: 1,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalwelder View Post
Figured I'd drop in and say hi. I'm a 20 year old college student over in Longview riding an FZ6. I've been down there for two years now, and when I go back in a couple weeks, I'll bring the bike which will make things a bit more fun. Any suggestions on good places to ride to and camp? I've been to Lake of the Pines a couple times, nice place.
If you haven't already, you may want to go to TwoWheeledTexans.com There is a group of us that try to meet once a month for dinner, 2nd Thursday of the month (tomorrow if you are already in the area for school). At 30 years old, I may be one of the youngest in that group, but there are a lot more in the people in the area that just do not make it to the meetups that often due to work or school responsibilities. There is a large section of that website dedicated to getting offroad with your bike as well, including camping.
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #450
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist

TWT guys are a little "interesting".

Just a heads up.

Not outwardly unique like the folks here, but different.