ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #451
RxZ
Legal Drug Dealer
 
RxZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Tyler, TX
Oddometer: 1,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
TWT guys are a little "interesting".

Just a heads up.

Not outwardly unique like the folks here, but different.
True, some of them that I have meet are. That is why I threw that bit about my age in there. It is good to get out and meet people, but at the same time if the ages are so different that there is little in common...

I've had fun though getting out and enjoying the bike, and I met a guy with everything needed for tire changes right down the road from me. Coors is the payment of choice
RxZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #452
spling
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: DFW
Oddometer: 14
Hey y'all,

So I just moved here recently was hoping to learn how to selfishly do some off road riding. Just trying to find where to head off to practice.

I'm a newb at riding offroad, but I'm stubborn and got a DR650 which is just itching to hit the dirt.

Also if anyone is planning to do weekend trip somewhere, just let me know. I'm interested in exploring anywhere. I also just came back from a little road trip last week to NM, Arizona, Utah and Colorado.
spling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:53 PM   #453
norcalwelder
Adventurer
 
norcalwelder's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: State of Jefferson/East Texas
Oddometer: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by RxZ View Post
True, some of them that I have meet are. That is why I threw that bit about my age in there. It is good to get out and meet people, but at the same time if the ages are so different that there is little in common...

I've had fun though getting out and enjoying the bike, and I met a guy with everything needed for tire changes right down the road from me. Coors is the payment of choice
I just got back to Longview a couple weeks ago, so I missed the local get together it looks like.
__________________
"The grass is greenest where you water it"
norcalwelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #454
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by spling View Post
Hey y'all,

So I just moved here recently was hoping to learn how to selfishly do some off road riding. Just trying to find where to head off to practice.

I'm a newb at riding offroad, but I'm stubborn and got a DR650 which is just itching to hit the dirt.

Also if anyone is planning to do weekend trip somewhere, just let me know. I'm interested in exploring anywhere. I also just came back from a little road trip last week to NM, Arizona, Utah and Colorado.
I do an offroad skills course, but there hasn't been much demand for it lately. If you could find a few others, I'd be willing to put one together.
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #455
Tex76
Motersykle Advntyers
 
Tex76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Plano, Texas
Oddometer: 867
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
I do an offroad skills course, but there hasn't been much demand for it lately. If you could find a few others, I'd be willing to put one together.
Count me in, I'm really new to the offroad stuff so this would be great.
__________________
"We act as though comfort and luxury are the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
2007 BMW R1200 GSA, 2009 DL1000, 2005 DR650
30:Unemployed and Homeless (2 months and 10,000 miles)
The Lost Texan, Wanders East
Tex76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #456
emach78
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Bedford, TX
Oddometer: 21
I'm newer to the DFW area as well, actually it's been about a year, but am just now trying to get a little more into the "scene" I'd love to participate in an off road skills class. Just bought a DR650 earlier this year and would like to use it a little more appropriately. Hopefully this makes enough interested to hold that class!
emach78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #457
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,711
GailCallsMeCarl and I will be arriving in Collinsville next Tuesday!

Ohioans gone Texican
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #458
CodyY OP
ADVenture Capitalist
 
CodyY's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Oddometer: 9,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by z@ch View Post
GailCallsMeCarl and I will be arriving in Collinsville next Tuesday!

Ohioans gone Texican
Collinsville?

That's where my wife is from. Don't blink or you might miss the only stop sign in town.
__________________
Not an ACTUAL motorcyclist
CodyY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #459
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Collinsville?

That's where my wife is from. Don't blink or you might miss the only stop sign in town.
We won't even be in the town itself, we'll be south of there a bit- about halfway between Collinsvile and Tioga
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 PM   #460
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,711
The eagles have landed!

z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:13 AM   #461
Snappbear
Adventurer
 
Snappbear's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Arlington, TX.
Oddometer: 16
Hello from Arlington

Good morning guys and gals, I am new to the site and like what i see so far. Got me an 85 R80RT (no fairings though) that i am finally starting to refresh after sitting for 20+ yrs. Cant wait to get this rig up and running. As soon as i learn this forum, i may start a thread to doc the restore. I want to take time and pay dearly to detail and such with this beaut. :)

Erik
Snappbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:23 AM   #462
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,711
Question

Anybody ride 'round here?

I saw a super ten the other day that may have had ADV stickers on some Jesse bags.
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 PM   #463
crash279
DFW Supermoto Crew
 
crash279's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: Supermoto Central (DFW Texas)
Oddometer: 41
Hey all, I'm a new guy checkin' in. I currently did a durability test on my left ankle, so I'm unable to ride for a few more weeks. However, I ride year round so I'm hoping to get some riding done with you guys!

Here's a couple of my rides (both works in progress):

crash279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #464
z@ch
Turn it up to eleven
 
z@ch's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tejas Norte
Oddometer: 4,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
I do an offroad skills course, but there hasn't been much demand for it lately. If you could find a few others, I'd be willing to put one together.
GailCallsMeCarl and I are heading to red river tomorrow if anyone wants to join.

www.redrivermotorcycletrails.com
z@ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #465
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount
 
EvilGenius's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: DFW, Texas
Oddometer: 20,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash279 View Post
Hey all, I'm a new guy checkin' in. I currently did a durability test on my left ankle, so I'm unable to ride for a few more weeks. However, I ride year round so I'm hoping to get some riding done with you guys!

Here's a couple of my rides (both works in progress):

Check out the "First Friday Beermeets" thread!
__________________
"Try turning that burn into torque. Then we're getting somewhere. Riding the potato to work seems quite impractical." - anotherguy

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014