ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #316
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,791
Here you go.
Attached Images
 
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #317
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,203
man, you guys are going to have a GREAT day out there....but you are JUST missing a massive storm. The kind of storm that if you weren't camping when you went out there.... you'd be camping now....




anyone else ever been out there in the rain?

__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:35 PM   #318
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
I'm going to take this opportunity to be a dick because someone needs to be.

Paying for breakfast is potentially going to be a clusterfuck, but does not need to be. In my experience, many people often forget to factor in their drinks or tax or a tip. Coffee is $2 and sodas are $3. For instance, a light breakfast at $7.60 with an iced tea and tax and a tip ends up being $11.37. Most people think they are doing you a favor by giving you $10 for that. They're not.

Also, if you think it would be nice to add some bacon or avocado or something else to your sandwich or meal, they charge you for that stuff. Unbelievable, right? Usually like 2 to 4 bucks.

Tax rate is only 8.25% in Ventura.
Restaurant will charge 18% tip because of size of group.
Restaurant will not give separate checks.
Putting your portion on a your card leads back to the whole clusterfuck thing.
Bring some cash.
Buy a pack of gum or something for that chili breath and break those 20's or 100's.
Round up you cheap bastards. An extra 50 cents is only like 2 ounces of oil for your bike.
The same guys always end up paying extra for the same guys that alway end up paying too little. That's F'd up.

Times are tough for everyone right now. There are other breakfast options available for anyone who doesn't want to deal with this.
Keep in mind, the $11.37 you pay for some fruit and toast is actually paying for the opportunity to hang out with a bunch of really cool FF's who all share a common interest. (Boobs-You know you like them too Cathy)

By the way, the last item on the menu is a Breakfast Sandwich. Scrambled eggs, Canadian Bacon, Cheddar and Jack Cheese and Tomato on Sourdough Bread. $9.95

Here's a more inclusive price list. Prices include tax and the mandatory 18% tip. If your service was great, add a little more.

ITEM.........................ITEM...+COFFEE.....+S ODA
Light Breakfast..............7.60.....10.09.....11.37
French Toast ...............10.15.....12.65.....13.92
Two Eggs With Bacon..........8.88.....11.37.....12.65
Breakfast Quesadilla........12.71.....15.20.....16.48
Jalapeno Benedict...........15.26.....17.76.....19.03
Cowboy Omelette.............16.54.....19.03.....20.31
Trout Relleno Omelette......16.54.....19.03.....20.31
Chili Omelette..............13.99.....16.48.....17.76
Vegetable Omelette..........12.71.....15.20.....16.48
Breakfast Sandwich..........12.71.....15.20.....16.48

Side of Bacon or Sausage....5.05
Biscuits and Gravy..........5.05

Coffee......................2.49
Soft Drink..................3.77


Oh yeah, don't forget to bring toilet paper and Rolaids.

NOW LET'S RIDE!
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #319
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls

a bunch of really cool FF's who all share a common interest. (Boobs-You know you like them too Cathy)

!
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM   #320
johngil
Reseda, CA
 
johngil's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Oddometer: 3,791
You're so fucking big nobody is going to argue w/ you.
I will have the proper amount of cash, sir.

Very good points by the way.
johngil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #321
sopascat
aka "DevilCat"
 
sopascat's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: So Cal
Oddometer: 3,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
I will have the proper amount of cash, sir.

Very good points by the way.
I figured I owe you breakfast at the very least.....

I will have cash......
__________________
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by ignorance.
sopascat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #322
BiggieFalls
b00b
 
BiggieFalls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Westminster
Oddometer: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
Did I say boobs? I might have meant bikes. Either way.
BiggieFalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #323
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 10,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopascat
__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #324
buenfeelings
Gnarly Adventurer
 
buenfeelings's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by sito
My bike is still at Eric's! Don't know if I will get it back in time to put her back together? Still need to change the fuel pump, new tire & new chain and sprockets. Might be a long night!
Get a new bike!
Look forward to seeing you brother.
buenfeelings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 02:40 PM   #325
Artboy57
Slave to THE MOUSE
 
Artboy57's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: BEE-yoo-tee-ful Eagle Rock, CA
Oddometer: 690
If the waiter is still taking orders, Bacon n' Eggs and coffee, please. Remember to tip generously!
Artboy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #326
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artboy57
If the waiter is still taking orders, Bacon n' Eggs and coffee, please. Remember to tip generously!

i'll add yours to the list.




IF YOU HAVEN'T, PLACE YOUR ORDER BEFORE 4PM!

NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #327
Ben99r1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Ben99r1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Pomona, Calif.
Oddometer: 2,998
Biggie falls. Good job on the math. Ill go ahead and bring my stripper roll. Ben
Ben99r1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:48 PM   #328
reBARman
Studly Adventurer
 
reBARman's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 536
This thread is killing me I don't miss LA that much but do miss Carrizo. See you FF's in DV, have a good ride
__________________
981100GS
reBARman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #329
pdpete
its the journey
 
pdpete's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Oddometer: 42
Quatal Canyon

Joel It doesnt look like you guys will have alot of xtra time but if you go up Quatal Canyon (DIRT) off 33 just befor Ventacopa it comes out at Cerro Noroeste rd then you ride the nice twisties down to 166 right at Soda dry lake rd
Have Fun
pdpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #330
NSFW OP
ktm's "the tourist"
 
NSFW's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Burbank CA
Oddometer: 16,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggieFalls
I'm going to take this opportunity to be a dick because someone needs to be.

Paying for breakfast is potentially going to be a clusterfuck, but does not need to be. In my experience, many people often forget to factor in their drinks or tax or a tip. Coffee is $2 and sodas are $3. For instance, a light breakfast at $7.60 with an iced tea and tax and a tip ends up being $11.37. Most people think they are doing you a favor by giving you $10 for that. They're not.

Also, if you think it would be nice to add some bacon or avocado or something else to your sandwich or meal, they charge you for that stuff. Unbelievable, right? Usually like 2 to 4 bucks.

Tax rate is only 8.25% in Ventura.
Restaurant will charge 18% tip because of size of group.
Restaurant will not give separate checks.
Putting your portion on a your card leads back to the whole clusterfuck thing.
Bring some cash.
Buy a pack of gum or something for that chili breath and break those 20's or 100's.
Round up you cheap bastards. An extra 50 cents is only like 2 ounces of oil for your bike.
The same guys always end up paying extra for the same guys that alway end up paying too little. That's F'd up.

Times are tough for everyone right now. There are other breakfast options available for anyone who doesn't want to deal with this.
Keep in mind, the $11.37 you pay for some fruit and toast is actually paying for the opportunity to hang out with a bunch of really cool FF's who all share a common interest. (Boobs-You know you like them too Cathy)

By the way, the last item on the menu is a Breakfast Sandwich. Scrambled eggs, Canadian Bacon, Cheddar and Jack Cheese and Tomato on Sourdough Bread. $9.95

Here's a more inclusive price list. Prices include tax and the mandatory 18% tip. If your service was great, add a little more.

ITEM.........................ITEM...+COFFEE.....+S ODA
Light Breakfast..............7.60.....10.09.....11.37
French Toast ...............10.15.....12.65.....13.92
Two Eggs With Bacon..........8.88.....11.37.....12.65
Breakfast Quesadilla........12.71.....15.20.....16.48
Jalapeno Benedict...........15.26.....17.76.....19.03
Cowboy Omelette.............16.54.....19.03.....20.31
Trout Relleno Omelette......16.54.....19.03.....20.31
Chili Omelette..............13.99.....16.48.....17.76
Vegetable Omelette..........12.71.....15.20.....16.48
Breakfast Sandwich..........12.71.....15.20.....16.48

Side of Bacon or Sausage....5.05
Biscuits and Gravy..........5.05

Coffee......................2.49
Soft Drink..................3.77


Oh yeah, don't forget to bring toilet paper and Rolaids.

NOW LET'S RIDE!

thanks eric for saving me the headache!

BREAKFAST LIST

Light Breakfast
  • daz&shy

French toast and coffee
  • rinconrider
  • regulator
  • windrat
  • spafxer
  • yzlvr

Quesadilla and coffee
  • 8)H
  • sopascat
  • randyM
  • peanut g
  • bmwdon

Chili Omelet and coffee
  • johngil
  • ti-d-bowl
  • nowwhat
  • techtown

Bacon & Eggs and coffee
  • artboy
  • riddler990
  • ben
  • buenfeelings
  • t.barstow

Cowboy Omelette and coffee
  • lonestar2112
  • mrG’s bud
  • wallywhirled
  • ww’s evil twin

Trout Omelette and coffee
  • mrG

will order in the morning
the rider
biggiefalls


please see if it’s correct and PM me if i messed yours up!

bring exact change or round off to the nearest dollar.

thanks!

NSFW screwed with this post 01-15-2010 at 07:29 PM
NSFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014