ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 09:17 PM   #16
BlueLghtning
Riding is my passion

Oddometer: 4,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche6 View Post
Okay - there are others beside me having a tough time with the Zumo. Last fall, I took a 3,000 mile trip and planned it all out in Mapsource, uploaded to my Zumo 220 and had a nice trip.

But now I have problems. I am leaving on a 3,500 miler next week. I laid out the first day's route in Mapsource, but got really frustrated with it crashing constantly. An email to Garmin and they said they don't support Mapsource anymore and to download Basecamp. I did, and once I got past figuring out its little idiosyncrasies, laid out four days of routes, then decided to upload to the Zumo - just to be sure everything worked.

It didn't.

I connected the Zumo to my computer, clicked the right buttons, and in no time the waypoints and route were loaded. I went outside to get satellites, turned on the Zumo - and no custom route.

Back inside, connected the Zumo again, and all the waypoints showed in the GPS, but not the route. Uploaded again - and before disconnecting, checked to see if the route was there. Yep - it was.

Back outside - but the route is STILL not in the Zumo. Remember - I had checked to be sure the route was loaded, but I found out that the Zuno was "eating" the route in some way.

Back to Mapsource. I had one route laid out, uploaded it, waypoints and route - and the same thing happened. The route uploaded to the Zumo, but once I turn on the GPS, the route disappears. It is eaten by the Zumo.

Pretty frustrated at this point. Any ideas what is going on? Its not like I've never done this before, but maybe age and senility are taking their toll.
My Dad has a Zumo 550, so I don't use one regularly so this is just from memory, but I remember I struggled with this and then figured out when you load a route, it goes into a "folder" on the Zumo, but isn't actually loaded by default under the route section. You have to goto "Import" and pull that route into the route folder and then its loaded and can be navigated. Basically this feature allows you to load a bunch of routes into the Zumo before you leave on a big trip, but only "import" the ones you need at any given time. You can delete them from the route section, but they'll still actually be stored on the unit to import again. Does that make sense?
Smugmug Pics - Save $5 <-- Click Here
BlueLghtning is online now   Reply With Quote