Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #31
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
Its even more striking inside. I've been in and took a photo or two, but couldn't find the pics. The women that was working there was very friendly and allowed me to take some photos.
Awesome.

I'll have to stop by there sometime.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:08 AM   #32
RetroG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
You are correct! Was it the clue, or did you just recognize it? Here's my other shot.

This is a crappy shot. Sorry, its one of the reasons I posted the other pic first. Its a hard building to photograph well, especially if you have to work a the motorcycle into the shot.

For the record, its the Marty Leonard Chapel of the Lena Pope home.
You guys are making me homesick for Fort Worth! I was born there and lived the first 48 years of my life there, almost all of it near Hulen and I30. Ten years ago I moved to Rowlett for a new job. East Texas is O.K., but to quote Amon Carter, "Fort Worth is where the west begins and Dallas is where the east peters out" There, I said it!
RetroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #33
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroG
You guys are making me homesick for Fort Worth! I was born there and lived the first 48 years of my life there, almost all of it near Hulen and I30. Ten years ago I moved to Rowlett for a new job. East Texas is O.K., but to quote Amon Carter, "Fort Worth is where the west begins and Dallas is where the east peters out" There, I said it!

I've never heard the east peters out quote before.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #34
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroG

I do like the piney woods of far east texas though, but everything between greenville and west fort worth is meh.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:25 PM   #35
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilGenius

I do like the piney woods of far east texas though, but everything between greenville and west fort worth is meh.
The "mehness" might be spreading all the way to Weatherford too. Especially if traffic figures into the "meh" scale. Lately around here (SW Fort Worth) the traffic has been off the charts. This, coupled with the City's inability to 1) fix potholes in a timely manner and 2) to synchronize its traffic lights means it takes too frigg'n long to get just about anywhere these days. And of course I've had to get out in it a bunch. Maybe if we could get the extreme senior citizens (80+) to only drive between the hours of 10:00 am and 3:00 pm it might pick up the pace of traffic significantly.

I kinda wish we had $4.00 a gallon gas again. Seemed like there were many few vehicles out then - especially those big ones...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #36
ramblin66
HappyHappyJoyJoy

Oddometer: 4,329
I didn't move it very far...

Old Tag....

New Tag...
This is where I was heading when I got called back to the office the last time I posted a tag... I posted Awaji Sushi instead of this...

If you've never tried Rahr "Ugly Pug", you should. It's quite good, IMHO, and made locally. Available in most DFW supermarkets AFAIK.

This is the New Tag...

They do a nice tour on Wed and Sat, but unfortunately...

Closed sign is NOT the new tag...

Have a great weekend..!
"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain" ...... "I hope".... RED.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor
ramblin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:51 PM   #37
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin66
New Tag...
This is where I was heading when I got called back to the office the last time I posted a tag... I posted Awaji Sushi instead of this...

If you've never tried Rahr "Ugly Pug", you should. It's quite good, IMHO, and made locally. Available in most DFW supermarkets AFAIK.

This is the New Tag...

They do a nice tour on Wed and Sat, but unfortunately...

Have a great weekend..!
Great tag. I love their beer. The tour/tastings have been moved around due to the failure of their roof during the snow event. Last Saturday it was at the Cooper's BBQ in the stockyards. Check their web site for updates as to the locations. You should consider stocking up since they cannot brew until the roof is replaced.

I went to a happy hour this week and was drinking coors light (it was provided free). It was like water compared to the stuff at Rahr. The good news was you could drink a bucket of Coors Light and not really get a buzz, while 2 or 3 Rahrs could make motorcycling unsafe...
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-19-2010, 01:40 PM   #38
ramblin66
HappyHappyJoyJoy

This week the tasting is on Sunday at Ginger Man Pub, 3716 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Ain't never been there (they tell me it's nice). http://ftworth.gingermanpub.com/

On Wednesday, it will be at Firehouse Gallery... http://firehousegalleryfw.com/

Unfortunately I'm traveling on Wednesday, otherwise I'd suggest a meet-up for the tasting...

Support your local brewery...
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/

Cheers
"I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain" ...... "I hope".... RED.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity. - Hanlon's Razor
Old 02-19-2010, 02:35 PM   #39
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin66
This week the tasting is on Sunday at Ginger Man Pub, 3716 Camp Bowie Blvd.
Ain't never been there (they tell me it's nice). http://ftworth.gingermanpub.com/

On Wednesday, it will be at Firehouse Gallery... http://firehousegalleryfw.com/

Unfortunately I'm traveling on Wednesday, otherwise I'd suggest a meet-up for the tasting...

Support your local brewery...
http://www.rahrbrewing.com/

Cheers
The G-man is where Ricks-on-the-Bricks used to be. Its got a nice beer garden out front, but the weather forecast for Sunday is not to favorable to sitting outside. Wait a month and it will be good (I hope).

I don't know the firehouse gallery - is it downtown? If so, i've seen the building.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #40
ramblin66
HappyHappyJoyJoy

Quote:
The G-man is where Ricks-on-the-Bricks used to be. Its got a nice beer garden out front, but the weather forecast for Sunday is not to favorable to sitting outside. Wait a month and it will be good (I hope).

I don't know the firehouse gallery - is it downtown? If so, i've seen the building.
According to their web site, the Firehouse Gallery is at 4147 Meadowbrook Dr Fort Worth, TX 76103.

Never visited...

Cheers..

Old 02-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #41
California
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,901
TAG, YOU'RE IT! jeeeze, the inside of the Rahr building is virtually totally gutted, no roof, what are they doing? Anyway here's your tag,

And now, here's the new tag, no hints today!

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #42
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"]TAG, YOU'RE IT! jeeeze, the inside of the Rahr building is virtually totally gutted, no roof, what are they doing? Anyway here's your tag,

And now, here's the new tag, no hints today!
The big snow we had caused the roof to collapse. A very sad sight. Hopefully they'll get it repaired ASAP and back into the beer production. I was thinking of going today, but had too much going on.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #43
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by California
Now how the hell is that windmill s'posduh work?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM   #44
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:

That's one of them wireless windmill! It pumps the water wirelessly without having an actual rod connecting it to the ground. Its the magic of WIFI.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 02-25-2010, 04:52 PM   #45
California
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 2,901
Quote:

I don't think it's supposed to work, it's just for appearance, after all, this is at a "tourist" destination.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
took the one less traveled by,
and that has made all the difference
California is offline   Reply With Quote