ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 09:34 AM   #1531
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping
 
BuckMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 318
Hi Kamchat,

That statue of the bicycle reminded me of Danny MacAskill. Have you ever seen him riding around Edinburgh? He's got serious skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o
__________________
-Buck
BuckMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #1532
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
Hi Kamchat,

That statue of the bicycle reminded me of Danny MacAskill. Have you ever seen him riding around Edinburgh? He's got serious skills!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

Sorry, no, I have never seen Danny MacAskill in real life but have been following his films on youtube over the past couple of years ...the one you posted is my favourite although the later 'The Way Back Home' is pretty cool too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj6ho1-G6tw ......as you say 'serious skillls' !.....


my current favourite 'bike film' is this - featuring 'Lily the bike chasing terrier'....... ok, not as skillful as Danny ...but damn! - that dog can fly! Lol!
http://www.pinkbike.com/video/227689/



...
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #1533
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Amazingly I still got out for a ride on Sunday .... 20th of November, - that's the latest yet for one of our rideouts ....although when I say 'rideout' it was only myself and Gordon who turned up on bikes at breakfast .... the others knew better ...... however despite getting a tad damp we still had fun....

Filling up at the start of the Stockiemuir...



It was dry at first ....


The wee bridge over the Endrick ...


But by the time we got to the woods at Cock Hill it was wet ...


and even wetter up at Callander !....



The Meadows car park in Callander was flooded ....



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #1534
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Oddometer: 194
Excellent; Kamchat, you didn't fail to disappoint me despite I'm checking this log after several days

What's your suggestion for riding boots? I'm planning to buy one for long time but here're my apprehensions...
- I need to wear to office everyday, but can't use them inside office; ofcourse, I can come to office & change to formals stored in the drawer
- Is a rain proof good or bad? Being in a coastal weather, where the summers (read upto 105 F) are from mid March to August & rains from August to November end & the cool riding season from Jan to mid March. What's your suggestion?
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:32 AM   #1535
Izzbust
Adventurer
 
Izzbust's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: UK East of England
Oddometer: 16
Once again.....great photographs.

You really should be making a living from having a great eye for a pic.
Izzbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #1536
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping
 
BuckMoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Amazingly I still got out for a ride on Sunday ....


The sea monster at Loch Meadows? You really do have a great eye for a pic- genius shot!

BTW, the Lily video is great. She's a furry bullet train!
__________________
-Buck
BuckMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:16 PM   #1537
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Excellent; Kamchat, you didn't fail to disappoint me despite I'm checking this log after several days

What's your suggestion for riding boots? I'm planning to buy one for long time but here're my apprehensions...
- I need to wear to office everyday, but can't use them inside office; ofcourse, I can come to office & change to formals stored in the drawer
- Is a rain proof good or bad? Being in a coastal weather, where the summers (read upto 105 F) are from mid March to August & rains from August to November end & the cool riding season from Jan to mid March. What's your suggestion?

Thanks again Aargee.... good to see you still check in on the thread....

As for riding boots - I'm no expert ... I have always used racing style boots having had Alpinestars, Sidis and currently Arlen Ness .....I think the Sidis were probably the best. None of them were parrticularly suited to wet weather but my main criteria was that they would be comfortable and have good protection/armour (ie not bend in half in an accident). If you are going to ride a lot in rain you might do better with a 'touring style' of boot that would probably be more weatherproof.

ps. when I took the pic of the flooded car park above my boots filled with an inch of cold water as soon as I stepped off the bike ...... the things we do to get a pic! Lol!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:22 PM   #1538
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzbust View Post
Once again.....great photographs.

You really should be making a living from having a great eye for a pic.

Thanks .... I wish I could! - it must be great to earn a living from doing stuff you love.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #1539
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
The sea monster at Loch Meadows? You really do have a great eye for a pic- genius shot!

BTW, the Lily video is great. She's a furry bullet train!


Cheers ...... glad you like the pics.... and Lily is brilliant ..... had to laugh at the amount of air she was catching over some of those berms! - awesome wee dog!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:33 PM   #1540
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Few more from last Sunday - Callander to Strathyre on the wet A84







Didn't get any pics on the way back as Gordon and I swapped bikes and I got to try out the cross-plane crank R1...really liked it, - it's weird though how it feels and sounds just like a big V-twin!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:23 PM   #1541
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks again Aargee.... good to see you still check in on the thread....
Whoa!!! How can you think, I wouldn't be interested after making 2-3 posts
Hmm...so I'll have to look out for suggestion on boots elsewhere then!!!

For me, I got my bike from Honda Authorized Service Center (HASC) 2 weeks ago & it was pretty good sunshine & was enjoying at highly illegal speeds & that was until day before y'day when I rear ended a bus while descending a bridge. Thankfully, I didn't even falls down & the bus driver was searching for who rear ended him until I called up & said so

So the damage was front cowl, fairing collar & headlamps; the front fenner lost some paint for about an inch in diameter or so. So its back to garage!!! Sigh!!!

Some pic for you...
Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1170
Size:  81.4 KB

PS - I've 2 more to post, but the system doesn't allow me to select more than one at a time
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #1542
Andysr6
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 49
Get Well

Hi John, sorry to hear about your health problems and wish you a full and swift recovery. Andy
Andysr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #1543
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Whoa!!! How can you think, I wouldn't be interested after making 2-3 posts
Hmm...so I'll have to look out for suggestion on boots elsewhere then!!!

For me, I got my bike from Honda Authorized Service Center (HASC) 2 weeks ago & it was pretty good sunshine & was enjoying at highly illegal speeds & that was until day before y'day when I rear ended a bus while descending a bridge. Thankfully, I didn't even falls down & the bus driver was searching for who rear ended him until I called up & said so

So the damage was front cowl, fairing collar & headlamps; the front fenner lost some paint for about an inch in diameter or so. So its back to garage!!! Sigh!!!

Some pic for you...
Attachment 302145

PS - I've 2 more to post, but the system doesn't allow me to select more than one at a time

Hi Aargee..... sorry to see your bike looking a bit battered.... but considering you hit a bus it looks like you got away relatively lightly! ....hope you get it fixed quickly and without too much cost.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #1544
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysr6 View Post
Hi John, sorry to hear about your health problems and wish you a full and swift recovery. Andy

Thanks Andy ...and yes, I am back on the mend, even as I type .....

...What a crap week it has been ..... well, I did manage a wee ride at the weekend - just a shame it was in the back of an ambulance ...however it was kind of cool to have the lights and siren going Lol! ....

Started the week with a shitty cold (manflu) ..felt progressively worse as the week wore on ...then 'Tails' the cat fell ill ..and broke our hearts when finally we had to have him put down on Friday ....... apparently he broke my heart 'good n proper' as I had a heart attack on Saturday ....rushed to hospital for some balloon angioplasty and a couple of stents..... now back home recovering........ 'never a dull moment'! *sigh*...


Kamchat screwed with this post 11-28-2011 at 01:29 PM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #1545
DJFlowe
Ginger
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: RTP, NC
Oddometer: 222
My prayers are with you, Kamchat. I've really enjoyed this thread (long time lurker). Thank you for sharing so much with us.
DJFlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014