Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #1561
BuckMoto
Adventure Napping

Oddometer: 314
My wife and I are both bummed to hear about Tails and your broken heart. Our thoughts are with you and Sarah. Tails seemed like he was a really cool cat- and movie star handsome too.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #1562
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,825
Kamchat...so sorry about Tails...I occasionally dread the days we'll have to part ways with our dogs...

And mate...glad you're ok after the heart attack! Heal up quick.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:20 PM   #1563
dannyz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Kamchat, sorry to hear about Tails.
And I like your spirit, no bloody heart attack can slow you down!
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:25 AM   #1564
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,810
Wow - I am really stoked by all the great messages of good wishes from you guys. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Only you could post news on your cat before 'oh by the way I had a heart attack'! Good to hear the pump is still pumping! Take it easy mate, 2nd chance to enjoy life more. Sorry about Tails.
Did you take any pics holding the camera out of the ambulance window?

Lol! Unfortunately I didn't think to grab my camera as I got wheeled out to the ambulance - I wish I had though, I could have got some interesting pics - you are actually fully conscious during the whole procedure of having balloon angioplasty and stents (they go in through the artery in your wrist) ..mind you, they probably wouldn't be best pleased with me taking pics with my free arm whilst lying on the operating table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Geez, sorry to hear about both you and the cat. Glad to hear that you at least are on the way to recovery. Cats leave paw prints on your heart for sure.

Thanks and beautifully put - the 'pawprints on the heart' statement is perfect..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
limeymike said:

+1! (too true on all accounts!)

There are worse times of year to put your feet up for a bit. Hoist a pint for tails! Stay warm!
Shiny side up, Throttle on, Leaning in!

Thanks - we are still missing Tails a lot ..... I miss him waking me up every morning to get fed and have his insulin injection at 7.30 (he was diabetic for the last year)... if it was the weekend and we were sleeping in he would climb on the bed, paw my head and then bite my ear gently! It's funny the stuff you miss
As for 'throttle on' - can't wait, although it might be spring now before the weather allows.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #1565
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Good Lord, John....!
Don't really know what to say. What a year is that? Everything seems to go wrong.
I am glad to hear that your dilatation went well obviously and I hope you recover full and quick! Jeez Louise.

And I am so terribly and utterly sorry to hear about Tails..
Can't believe that it all went so quickly..
I hope you two will keep her in your hearts and find the strength to get over it soon. "Getting over it" might not be the appropriate expression here, though. But you know what I want to say.
God, I will lose my beloved babies in about a months time, due to the separation.. I can't even think about it without going almost insane. I hope it will not end in a heart attack...
Blumtnman put it very nice. Cats leave paw prints on your heart...

I wish you all the best, mate. Cheers!

Thanks mate - You are right, it's been a pretty shitty year for both you and I ...but we are still here and that's what counts ..... 2012 can only be better! ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolarosa View Post
Your pictures have provided me with so much pleasure, that it's sad to hear of your misfortunes! Sorry about your loss. Hang in there and heal up!

Thank you ..... I am on the mend as I type ...in fact I am going back to work this afternoon - 'No rest for the wicked' !

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about Tails That's just absolutely the worst part of having these lovely critters in our lives. I'm glad you're still with us and hope you recover quickly from your heart attack. Have Sarah take good care of you :) You've definitely had an 'eventful' year - here's hoping that 2012 will be much more tame for you. Be well!

Liz

Thanks Liz - they sure do end up breaking your heart .... The funny thing is I didn't even want another cat when we got him ... my ex and my kids waited till I was out out of the country, working away for a couple of weeks when they got him as a kitten from a local farm (free to good home). Him and I didn't see 'eye to eye' for a long time - I think he saw me as the 'newcomer' in 'his' house when I returned ! Lol! .... but in our 'old age' we became best of friends.

I'm glad I'm 'still with us' too Lol! - I intend to stick around for a while yet - and get lots more riding in. Going to get the most of this thing called 'life'
Old 11-30-2011, 04:04 AM   #1566
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackStallion View Post
I have come across many heros in these forums. But you are 'the Super Hero'! God bless you my friend.

BTW, since you're away from your bike, and resting at home. Why not jotting down some review of cross-plane R1 you have tried vs the others? Looking all the pics of your fella, it has grown in me somehow

'Super Hero' Lol! - Do I get a cape!? ...'God bless you' too my friend - you are too kind. Thanks
As for the cross-plane crank R1 ...I really liked it .... unfortunately I only rode it for 10 miles ..on wet twisty roads ....so I couldn't really get to fully evaluate it ...didn't dare drop my mate's 'pride and joy'. The R1 would certainly have been another contender for my new bike ...it lost out to the GSXR only because of price ...they were asking an amazing £13,000 for them .....even if you could manage a £1,000 discount it would have been still £2,000 more than the Suzuki deal.
But it did feel really good ....it felt more compact than the GSXR, seemed to handle sweetly and the gearchange was even slicker than the Suzuki. It sounded awesome (but then Gordon's bike has Yoshi cans) it also vibrated more than the GSXR (but not in a bad way). The throttle response is instant ..alsmost too 'instant' if you are not prepared for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Holy shit Kamchat that's a hell of a crap week, really sorry to hear about your news, hope the recovery is going well. If there's anything you need doing please feel free to give me a shout, I'm just down the road ( and presently under 6 ft of water!) Cheers Peter (Tango2)
Thanks for the kind offer, I'll bear it in mind ..luckily my recovery has been good and I will be going back to work this afternoon. ...sounds like you have enough on your plate at the moment - we have had non stop rain and flooding up here in Scotland too....the weather is all over the place these days - we'll probably get snow any day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goran e View Post
Old 11-30-2011, 04:16 AM   #1567
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckMoto View Post
My wife and I are both bummed to hear about Tails and your broken heart. Our thoughts are with you and Sarah. Tails seemed like he was a really cool cat- and movie star handsome too.

Thanks to both of you .... you are right about Tails - he was a handsome dude ...and a 'right character'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
Kamchat...so sorry about Tails...I occasionally dread the days we'll have to part ways with our dogs...

And mate...glad you're ok after the heart attack! Heal up quick.

Thanks mate ..... I am well on the mend ..... and yes, I have had to do it a few times in my life (both with dogs and cats) ..nothing breaks your heart worse than sitting there stroking and comforting them as they slip away . I hope it's a long way off for you and your dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Kamchat, sorry to hear about Tails.
And I like your spirit, no bloody heart attack can slow you down!
Cheers .... I try to look at it that way. ..(although not everyone in my family appreciates my 'spirit' when it comes to biking Lol!)
Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM   #1568
CeltRider
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Kam,

I concur with all that’s been said.

So sorry to hear about your 'ticker' and Tails.

Now, you just make sure you get properly well, we need this thread and its images to continue when the good weather returns!

I hope Sarah is taking good care of you, and was not too worried by your sudden hospital trip.

Take care,

CeltRider.
CeltRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #1569
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Get well soon mate, also sorry to hear about your cat, always a sad time when you lose a beloved pet, keep your chin up bud and before you know it christmas will have been and gone and spring will be on its way again.
Take care and get them feet up to recharge them body batteries!.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:26 PM   #1570
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guccikins View Post
hola

gutted for you chief. get well soon. hope your ready to rock when we all start biking again next year.

take care

gucci

Hi there, sorry I missed replying to this earlier ...Thanks for the well wishes .....no worries - I will be back ready to roll when the rideout season starts up again in spring ..and look forward to seeing you out for a run with us hopefully. If anything, having a heart attack just reinforces the need to make the most of life ......and 'making the most' will always include bike riding as far as I am concerned.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM   #1571
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltRider View Post
Kam,

I concur with all that’s been said.

So sorry to hear about your 'ticker' and Tails.

Now, you just make sure you get properly well, we need this thread and its images to continue when the good weather returns!

I hope Sarah is taking good care of you, and was not too worried by your sudden hospital trip.

Take care,

CeltRider.

Cheers mate ...I'll do my best to get properly well.... I'm not planning on 'checking out' for a while yet .... Sarah was a bit freaked out by the weekends events ... she probably saved my life as it was her who promptly rang the emergency services ...and by a lucky coincidence there was an ambulance just around the corner that was able to respond within 5 mins (the paramedics were fantastic...God bless them). My daughter and her husband came and stayed with Sarah whilst I was in hospital (otherwise the flat was going to be too empty for her with both Tails and myself missing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Get well soon mate, also sorry to hear about your cat, always a sad time when you lose a beloved pet, keep your chin up bud and before you know it christmas will have been and gone and spring will be on its way again.
Take care and get them feet up to recharge them body batteries!.

Keith.

Thanks Keith..... it has been a pretty dire week ...but I'm still here - so I guess in a way I should be thankful - things could have been a lot worse. As for 'getting the feet up' - 'I wish!' Lol! - was back at work this afternoon ... the problem with being self-employed is the 'no employer's sick pay' to rely on ..... but apart from feeling a bit tired I am surprised how well I feel ..considering I had a heart attack just four days ago .
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #1572
MadtownMaxx
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Get well soon

It seems one cannot avoid birds of sorrow passing over ones head but you can certainly keep them from building a nest in your hair! Your positive spirit is infectious and welcomed. Heal well and good in both mind and body.

MadtownMax
IBA #47605
MadtownMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #1573
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,448
Cry Sorry

I hope the "high performance modification" of your blood pump works well. At least you have the winter to heal, so you don't miss riding weather.

Sorry about Tails. I had to take my Wife's Chesapeake Bay Retriever Laney, to be put to sleep today.(bad hips and 14 years old) I know how you feel.
Judging by the weather forecast, tomorrow will be my last riding day for a while, I plan to make the most of it.
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 AM   #1574
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,825
So Kam...does this mean no more fish and chips for you? After all, you are a Scot...
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 02:16 PM   #1575
gsxkev
Part time Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Not been on for a few days, that's some week you had for sure! Here's to a speedy recovery.

If you like that sound, wait till you here the R1 with a pair of Akro's on!!!!!
gsxkev is offline   Reply With Quote