User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2011, 12:21 PM   #1591
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
This - is - awesome!!!!!

That's probably the most beautiful motorcycle racing video I've ever seen! Wow!
Thanks for sharing - I had a few really happy minutes with this and my Earl Grey.
Got more?

Oh, and I love John McGuiness' kneepads!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:58 PM   #1592
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
For sportsbike fans - this is just sublime :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2fy85vCTE
Very good, I could watch that all day

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #1593
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Thanks mate ...yes, it was my first heart attack ....and hopefully the last!
Oh!!! Ok; Take my word, if you take all the prescribed medicines on time...everytime...religiously...you're going to live for 100 years & there's no threat of heart attack once again.I'm saying this out of experience with my Father's & another relative in the family.
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #1594
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
And you know what? The riding season has already started here & this time, I copied your Fish & Chips style here; the Breakfast ride. Trust me, we all enjoyed like mad. It was fun filled with super highway, some town, state highway, some offroading. Would you like to see the pics that some of my friends had taken? But they're no fun of litre class motorcycle, they're puny 150cc to 250cc class.

Thanks for sharing the idea ; couldn't donate another star for this thread :)
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 AM   #1595
Tango2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
For sportsbike fans - this is just sublime :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2fy85vCTE

You're right it is sublime, I'm off to the TT again this year, just love it, I'm already counting the days!
Tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:39 AM   #1596
ssason
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Thumb

Ok...here i am....after 2 days of traveling through this 107pages thread. (Don´t tell my boss )

And, uh...eh... i don´t know what to say.... I really can´t tell what was the main fascinating in this thread... it was just, that it was really hard to stop going on in the thread, wanting to know what amazing and fascinating pictures an story's come next.

My mood, while i went through was a mixture of happiness, honest sadness and for sure a bit jealousy (my CBR has been stolen in May, so i wasn´t able to ride this year at all...).

After reading this thread, i have some notes....

1. Now i know why we drive on the "right side" and your side is "the wrong one". They way you do the motorcycle greeting, also with your left hand, but passing at the right, looks a bit weird

2. the meaning of "all along the SAME scenery" vary´s from photograph to the "audience"

So, Sarah, kamchat and the rest of the gang, go on and bore us with more of these amazing, "every time the same" pictures!!!!

And in the end, you made your job as "Scottish Tourism Representative" very well!! Scotland moved a few steps up on my personal "land to ride" list

Tobi

www.arcor-kompass-trophy.de
ssason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #1597
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtpaco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuse View Post
Thank you for that link.

Gods/kings/giants......what ever title you chose to refer to those that make that ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
Nice! Thanks for sharing Kamchat! Amazing how loose some of those guys get! (Pushing the envelope!)

Just makes you want to go out to the garage and polish your bike! (spring is coming, spring is coming!)

Cheers guys - I'm glad you like the vid as much as I do .... in slow motion it's almost like ballet (but without the tights! )
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #1598
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpaksangaskus View Post
Phew.. another lady biker
really awsome
There are several lady sportsbike riders I know in Glasgow who have been out riding with us in the past.... as well as Sarah, Julie and Sam all ride GSXR750's and Jeni rides a GSXR600....... you can't beat 'gixxergirls'.
Old 12-20-2011, 02:26 PM   #1599
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Kamchat said:
Quote:
you can't beat 'gixxergirls'.
Amen! Girls that get out and ride are top shelf! (no matter what they ride!)

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:28 PM   #1600
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass

Oddometer: 13,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssason View Post

1. Now i know why we drive on the "right side" and your side is "the wrong one". They way you do the motorcycle greeting, also with your left hand, but passing at the right, looks a bit weird
They nod in the UK.
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:49 PM   #1601
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
This - is - awesome!!!!!

That's probably the most beautiful motorcycle racing video I've ever seen! Wow!
Thanks for sharing - I had a few really happy minutes with this and my Earl Grey.
Got more?

Oh, and I love John McGuiness' kneepads!

'Awesome' is right. ..... Sorry, I don't have any other one's quite the same. On a different note (urban skiing) I do love this one, beautifully filmed :-

http://vimeo.com/32863936

As for John McGuiness' kneesliders .. It is strange that being an Englishman he chooses to wear the Scottish Saltire (flag) as his sliders. Apparently years ago at the TT he ran out of sliders and needed to borrow a set from Jim Moodie who, being Scottish, only had the Saltire ones....... McGuiness won the race wearing the borrowed sliders and decided they were 'lucky' and has worn them ever since. ....They do seem to have worked their magic for him over the years (of course his talent may have had something to do with it too ) .
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #1602
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dakar View Post
They nod in the UK.
You sure 'bout that?
I was actually wondering about the topic, but always forgot to ask. I've seen a few guys here in Switzerland greeting with the left leg/foot. I'm not 100% sure, but I think at least some of them were British.
We also greet with the leg, but with the right one, when passing another biker or saying thanks to another vehicle that let us pass.
So, Mr. Threadwriter - enlighten me! How do you guys greet each other?

Old 12-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #1603
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Quote:
As for John McGuiness' kneesliders .. It is strange that being an Englishman he chooses to wear the Scottish Saltire (flag) as his sliders. Apparently years ago at the TT he ran out of sliders and needed to borrow a set from Jim Moodie who, being Scottish, only had the Saltire ones....... McGuiness won the race wearing the borrowed sliders and decided they were 'lucky' and has worn them ever since. ....They do seem to have worked their magic for him over the years (of course his talent may have had something to do with it too ) .
Yeah, you got that absolutely absolutely right, that's the story behind it.
I found them on the internet, btw - should I ever get a new ride, I'll order them.
My left kneeslider was torn off in the accident and never found. After taking off the right one I know what kind of force it needs to do that. A miracle that my leg wasn't hurt even more...

Old 12-20-2011, 03:01 PM   #1604
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
Very good, I could watch that all day

Cheers Terry
I do watch it most days .... it's a good 'pick me up' during these winter months .... still, we are nearly half way through now - roll on spring.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:14 PM   #1605
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Oh!!! Ok; Take my word, if you take all the prescribed medicines on time...everytime...religiously...you're going to live for 100 years & there's no threat of heart attack once again.I'm saying this out of experience with my Father's & another relative in the family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
And you know what? The riding season has already started here & this time, I copied your Fish & Chips style here; the Breakfast ride. Trust me, we all enjoyed like mad. It was fun filled with super highway, some town, state highway, some offroading. Would you like to see the pics that some of my friends had taken? But they're no fun of litre class motorcycle, they're puny 150cc to 250cc class.

Thanks for sharing the idea ; couldn't donate another star for this thread :)

Cheers ..although I seriously doubt I will 'live for 100 years' .... I'll happily settle for another 20 or 30 as long as I can keep riding .

Glad you are doing, and enjoying, Breakfast runs ..it's a nice way to meet up and start the day's group rideout..... and yeah, I would love to see the pics ....(feel free to post a link or put a few up on here. ) as for 'puny' 150/250's - you can have just as much fun on a 250 as a 1000 ..... I learn't to ride on a Yamaha RD 250 and had a lot of 'good times' on that bike.