Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #1681
Tall Mike
TAT Rookie (planning!)

Oddometer: 542
Quote:
"the bikes are constantly getting smaller and smaller!"
Amen! The "Tall" in my screen name is literal truth(6'5")......I just don't fit on a lot of bikes!

I tend to ride what fits... and most of the new bikes are like race horses... If you're not "Joe Average" or smaller... you can forget it!
don't get me wrong, I enjoy looking, but they don't fit "me"

They are pretty though! Thanks for sharing their beauty Kamchat!

stable: '05 DL1000,'06 DL650, '99 XR600R, '03 640ADV
Tall Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #1682
BadWHooper
Quick, rather than Dead.

Oddometer: 218
Buellicious

Hooray...Ducati loves Buell! The Panigale has an underslung exhaust!

Solo Around Scotland (BMW R850R); AZ and UT (H-D Road King): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744536l; Death Valley & Vegas (BMW R1200GS): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926499; NW Colorado (BMW K1200GT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955168
BadWHooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:34 AM   #1683
Leebo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Kam, been a while since I been on the link, it is nice to scroll through and see the photos. Hope your chirstmas and new years were good.
I remember walking through the Square in Glasgow at Christmas time in 1989.. King Gerorge square I think....
Lee
2002 Kawi Prairie 650

Leebo screwed with this post 01-29-2012 at 06:59 AM
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #1684
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,553
not a lot happening during you winter, perhaps I should post a video of the sunshine in Australia.....

only joking....Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #1685
Leebo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Plenty of sunshine here in New Hampshire, temps in the 40s (f), unbelievable for the end of january. Way to much salt and sand on the roads to take the bike out for me, the salt plays hell with the finish if not washed off and the sand makes riding suck.. 2 more months and then back in the saddle.
I love my GS and wont buy a sport bike as to me they are to uncomfortable but seeing the pictures here make me dream about haing a GXXR or a Duc and a set of leathers.
Kam glad you are ok after your heart attack...I am same age as you and with family history just waiting for it.

Here is an old pic at Stirling castle.. 1989 or 1990

2002 Kawi Prairie 650
Leebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #1686
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,279
Thought this thread needed a riding pic to brighten it up, especially since Kam's pictures are really what inspired me to get into on-the-fly photography.

I changed the settings a little on the camera to allow some motion blur. Much better results than before.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #1687
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Please do not put temptation like that in front of me because although I don't have the cash to buy a 1199 some finance company would probably lend me the money!

Then maybe it's time to give them a call. Lol!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:27 PM   #1688
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
All good this end Kam, cheers Terry

Good to hear it.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #1689
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backmarker61 View Post
"the bikes are consatantly getting smaller and smaller!".... I've heard the 1199 is pretty tiny, so you did find it smaller than say the 999?

It's funny, I just sold my 999 last summer, and also own an R6... and the 999 made the even the R6 feel like a tank. Mainly because of the thinness of the bike due to the twin of course, but it still took me by surprise. Although, at speed, I would say the R6 felt much lighter changing direction.

I imagine not, but they did they fire the bike up for you guys?

Thanks for sharing!

The seat height is actually higher than the 999.... but it is probably less of a stretch to the bars. Graeme who currently rides a 999 says the new Panigale felt 'comfortable'. The bike does seem quite small, it looks and feels like a 600 in it's dimensions .. in fact, it weighs less than a CBR600RR!.... but it has nearly double the bhp and torque!
Old 01-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #1690
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendernz View Post
Ducatis are small physically aren't they?

Talk about coincidence - there was a story in the news here yesterday about the Waverley and the other ship Balmoral (which I haven't seen) needing 350,000 pounds to keep running. A trust is fundraising for them and without it the ships will stop running. Waverley is the last paddle wheeler left in the world doing regular trips (or something similar.)

I hope they can find the money - the restoration of your heritage is one of the things that sets England and Scotland apart in the world.

Yes, the Waverly was saved by the Paddle Steamer Preservation Society who bought her for just 1 back in 1974. They and their supporters restored her to her former glory (with the aid of various grants) and have struggled to keep funding her since. Long may she continue to paddle up and down the Clyde ..and around the British coastline.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:56 PM   #1691
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Mike View Post
Amen! The "Tall" in my screen name is literal truth(6'5")......I just don't fit on a lot of bikes!

I tend to ride what fits... and most of the new bikes are like race horses... If you're not "Joe Average" or smaller... you can forget it!
don't get me wrong, I enjoy looking, but they don't fit "me"

They are pretty though! Thanks for sharing their beauty Kamchat!

Jings! 6'5"! - I see why you are called 'Tall Mike'! ..and I thought I had a problem with fitting on 'ever shrinking' new sportsbikes.
It sounds like tall adventure bikes like GS's are going to be much more practical for yourself. ..even if you only want to ride on street!.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #1692
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadWHooper View Post
Hooray...Ducati loves Buell! The Panigale has an underslung exhaust!
There a quite a few bikes that have had underslung exhausts ....Sarah's 06 GSXR750 being one ..and the recent Fireblade .... Was Buell the first to introduce this? ... Probably, I guess, - Buell always were very innovative in their design.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #1693
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
Kam, been a while since I been on the link, it is nice to scroll through and see the photos. Hope your chirstmas and new years were good.
I remember walking through the Square in Glasgow at Christmas time in 1989.. King Gerorge square I think....
Lee

Hi there .... You were close - It's just plain 'George Square' ..... (although it was named after King George the third).
Thanks, yes, we had a good Christmas and New Year...... just can't wait for spring now (probably like yourself and the rest of the UK biking community).
Old 01-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #1694
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
not a lot happening during you winter, perhaps I should post a video of the sunshine in Australia.....

only joking....Terry
It will only make us jealous right now! Lol!
Old 01-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #1695
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
Plenty of sunshine here in New Hampshire, temps in the 40s (f), unbelievable for the end of january. Way to much salt and sand on the roads to take the bike out for me, the salt plays hell with the finish if not washed off and the sand makes riding suck.. 2 more months and then back in the saddle.
I love my GS and wont buy a sport bike as to me they are to uncomfortable but seeing the pictures here make me dream about haing a GXXR or a Duc and a set of leathers.
Kam glad you are ok after your heart attack...I am same age as you and with family history just waiting for it.

Here is an old pic at Stirling castle.. 1989 or 1990

The Castle will be just the same ..... If you are like me you probably have less hair now? ....... and I hope you manage to avoid the heart attack scenario ! ..... They say one of the best prevention methods is just 'simple regular exercise' - a 30 min walk most days ... if you are not already doing this - think about giving it a go. ..better to change lifestyle before an attack, - than having to afterwards. Hopefully we will both have many years of bike riding ahead of us.