Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2012, 06:16 AM   #1696
Tango2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Jeez, I've spent a week on Galveston Island, TX - temps between 70 and 80. Now I am sitting here in Scotland and having not even half of that.... I'm bloody freezing! And than there's the constant jet lag of course. Just got rid of the first one after a week, then flew right into the next.
But oh well, I should stop complaining I guess.
Cheers to everyone following this fun thread!
You're right it feels freezing here at the moment
Tango2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:04 AM   #1697
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post
Good stuff, as usual. Have you ever considered mounting a camera that will do motion clips?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #1698
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,908
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
It's been pretty warm here, mid to high 30's for the last week, ok with a vented jacket & a lot of roads I ride are tight with a cover of trees...cooler.

I guess we're lucky with our weather that we can ride all year round here in South Australia...sitting in traffic is no fun but I tend to stay away from the busy traffic areas.

Hope to see you back out soon & posting more photos..

Terry

-2 C Here today ...... and getting colder. Yeah, it must be nice to ride all year round in comfort. But I suppose the break makes us appreciate what we have missed when the season starts up again. I reckon we should be out again in about a month...just got to get through Feb and we can start looking forward to planning Sunday rideouts.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #1699
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Huh...it is in the mid to high 30's here in PA as well. Of course, I am talking Farenheit. Vented jacket NOT needed.
Sounds like you are getting similar temps to us at the moment then.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #1700
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Jeez, I've spent a week on Galveston Island, TX - temps between 70 and 80. Now I am sitting here in Scotland and having not even half of that.... I'm bloody freezing! And than there's the constant jet lag of course. Just got rid of the first one after a week, then flew right into the next.
But oh well, I should stop complaining I guess.
Cheers to everyone following this fun thread!

Hi mate

Nice to meet you yesterday and be able to put a face to the name. .... they say you shouldn't meet strangers off the internet .... but I have now met several folk thanks to this forum. Yourself and Chunky Kev & Lisa (who are now regulars in our rideout group ).... and all have been really nice folk. ... No 'axe murderers' - (yet). Lol!

Hope you have a safe trip back to Switzerland ..and I look forward to seeing you back with a bike for some riding one day.

Cheers

Kam / John
Old 02-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #1701
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leebo View Post
Have a pint of Tennants Heavy for me.

I don't think it was Tennants Heavy....... I think some continental beer was enjoyed.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #1702
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango2 View Post

It IS freezing here! ..... and seems to be getting colder! ...... Still, it's 'small potatoes' compared to last year ...thank God! (they still haven't filled in all the pot holes from last winter's damage).
Old 02-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #1703
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremor38 View Post
Good stuff, as usual. Have you ever considered mounting a camera that will do motion clips?
The trouble with 'motion clips' is the police get quite interested in them here. There have been several cases of bikers being tracked down and prosecuted following clips posted 'on line'......or having their motion 'footage' reviewed when stopped roadside by police.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 AM   #1704
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
The trouble with 'motion clips' is the police get quite interested in them here. There have been several cases of bikers being tracked down and prosecuted following clips posted 'on line'......or having their motion 'footage' reviewed when stopped roadside by police.
One just has to be careful not to post the speedo reading, I tend to cut the video so as not to show the speed limit signs. also don't cross solid lines or overtake over double lines.

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:41 AM   #1705
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Just playing catch up on this great thread since the new year and it never fails to disappoint me, even in the darkest days of winter theirs some great photos to be seen, love the wall picture of sarah and tails, what an excellent idea to remind you both of your little tiger. Glad to hear that your well on the mend and enjoying a spot of cycling, i've been cycling to my place of work recently on my old beat up raleigh and can still beat the traffic in the built up areas, you still need eyes in the back of your bleedin head though dont you mate, nearly been wiped out twice already this year by dozy car drivers!!

Keep up the great work mate and as you have mentioned it wont be long before its time to burn rubber again!

Cheers, Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #1706
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Hi mate

Nice to meet you yesterday and be able to put a face to the name. .... they say you shouldn't meet strangers off the internet .... but I have now met several folk thanks to this forum. Yourself and Chunky Kev & Lisa (who are now regulars in our rideout group ).... and all have been really nice folk. ... No 'axe murderers' - (yet). Lol!

Hope you have a safe trip back to Switzerland ..and I look forward to seeing you back with a bike for some riding one day.

Cheers

Kam / John
Cheers, mate!
I can only return the compliment - it's been a pleasure meeting you, and getting a wee free city tour!
Yeah, I'll be on my way back to Switzerland tomorrow. Then I will have to get through two more weeks without my license.. Tough. Everything seems to be tough at the moment.
But hey, I guess better times will be coming sooner or later.
So, yeah, I'll do my very best to be out there riding with you guys one day!!!

Until then I'll see you here!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:19 PM   #1707
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
I don't think it was Tennants Heavy....... I think some continental beer was enjoyed.

Nonononono.
Ok, it wasn't Tennents (with two "E"), cause they didn't have it there unfortunately. But it was surely not some continental beer either.
It was a Fraoch, and that is as Scottish (and in fact Glaswegian) as a beer can be.
And it's good!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #1708
tremor38
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Aw, bummer! Reviewing the 'footage' at roadside sound downright invasive...but I suppose 'probable cause' will trump near anything, as it does in the U.S. Hey, wait a minute!.. You should have no problem with that sort of thing because we all know you keep both wheels on the ground and obey all traffic laws at all times
Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1709
Forde
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:

if you mount the cam so it doesnt show your speedo and dont do wheelies or mad overtaking with it on youll be ok

surely the cam has a on-off switch that you can reach whilst riding? so you could turn it on for just a minute or two through the part of road that you want pics of, then off. not giving you a long video that the cops could base anything on, but you can take screenshots from it later and have some nice pics!

your pics are sweet, i would totally drop my cam lol how do you even get it out from pocket and operate the buttons wit gloves on?

Quote:
Ok, it wasn't Tennents (with two "E"), cause they didn't have it there unfortunately. But it was surely not some continental beer either.
lol, yeah most unfortunate that they didnt have that stinkin' pish water... count yourself lucky!!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:30 AM   #1710
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forde View Post
your pics are sweet, i would totally drop my cam lol how do you even get it out from pocket and operate the buttons wit gloves on?
I have a small camera bag that I attach to the waist strap on my jacket, so it is easy to get to. I also have the camera on a breakaway lanyard around my neck, just in case I drop the camera (be it intentional or not).

My choise in camera for on-the-fly shooting is a Canon Powershot A2200. I can perform all the basic ops one-handed with gloves on. I checked that before I bought the camera.

Kam has slightly different methods, but I will let him describe them.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote