Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #2056
Matt 82
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Kamchat, did I see you and your group at Callander at midday yesterday?

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:10 AM   #2057
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
weather is the same here, with low temperatures, wind, rain, storm, it's a good weather for a november
Weather is pretty "April" here....
Yesterday it changed like every ten minutes. Sunny, blue-sky - cloudy, rain - storm - sunny AND rain.... just crazy.
Temperatures are pretty low generally, though.
Good for working in the house and not having a bike to be tempted by...

Btw - no bike yet.
I am still trying to safe some money. There have been some really good offers in the last weeks, but not too many. One was a beautiful Ace, but the offer was just too good, so it was gone in a few days. Left me kinda sad, even if I wouldn't have been able to afford it really... It was so beautiful.

Well, what I decided now is to go on saving money and keeping an eye on the market. I have done a lot of "research" lately - read reviews, checked out forums, talked to loads of people, studied and compared specs and stuff.....
So I came up with a (still expansible) list of bikes that I seriously consider. Whenever a good offer on one of them comes in I will have a close look and see. That way I'm not fixed on one particular bike and there is still a surprise element in it...
There are in fact not many bikes that meet the conditions... ( I am quite picky, I know...)
The list at the moment comprises the following rides:

Yamaha YZF 1000 R Thunderace
Yamaha FZS 1000 Fazer
Yamaha TDM 900
Suzuki RF 900 R (YEAH!)
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
(Kawasaki KLV 1000)
Suzuki SV 1000 S

Any suggestions, additions, hints, tips or comments are welcome at any time!
(I can not spend more than 3000 - so don't suggest a Panigale, R1 or FJR 1300.... )

Cheers everybody!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:52 AM   #2058
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
weather is the same here, with low temperatures, wind, rain, storm, it's a good weather for a november

The weather seems to be weird all over at the moment ...I was reading yesterday in the news that a spell of very mild weather followed by a return to freezing conditions at the moment has wiped out the apple and soft fruit crop in parts of Canada leading to losses of over $100million! We are living in strange times. It was like the middle of summer here back in March with temps of 22C ..... yesterday up at Tyndrum it was snowing and the roads ad been salted due to sub zero temps!

I'm hoping we are in for a long, hot winter this year.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:06 AM   #2059
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
Kamchat, did I see you and your group at Callander at midday yesterday?

You may well have! This was us in the coach/car park behind the Dreadnought Hotel at 12:30.

Where were you heading? Were you on your own or in a group? Saw quite a few bikes going through Callander.
If you spot us again, come over and say 'Hi' ..... always good to meet folk off the Forum .... in fact, the nice carbon R1 in the pics above belongs to 'Guccikins' / Mark off this forum who was joining us for the first time yesterday for a run.
(If you are reading this Mark - Good to meet you yesterday - hope to see you out with us again, but in better weather conditions .... sorry the run wasn't the one we were hoping to do thanks to the cold and rain!
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 AM   #2060
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Weather is pretty "April" here....
Yesterday it changed like every ten minutes. Sunny, blue-sky - cloudy, rain - storm - sunny AND rain.... just crazy.
Temperatures are pretty low generally, though.
Good for working in the house and not having a bike to be tempted by...

Btw - no bike yet.
I am still trying to safe some money. There have been some really good offers in the last weeks, but not too many. One was a beautiful Ace, but the offer was just too good, so it was gone in a few days. Left me kinda sad, even if I wouldn't have been able to afford it really... It was so beautiful.

Well, what I decided now is to go on saving money and keeping an eye on the market. I have done a lot of "research" lately - read reviews, checked out forums, talked to loads of people, studied and compared specs and stuff.....
So I came up with a (still expansible) list of bikes that I seriously consider. Whenever a good offer on one of them comes in I will have a close look and see. That way I'm not fixed on one particular bike and there is still a surprise element in it...
There are in fact not many bikes that meet the conditions... ( I am quite picky, I know...)
The list at the moment comprises the following rides:

Yamaha YZF 1000 R Thunderace
Yamaha FZS 1000 Fazer
Yamaha TDM 900
Suzuki RF 900 R (YEAH!)
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
(Kawasaki KLV 1000)
Suzuki SV 1000 S

Any suggestions, additions, hints, tips or comments are welcome at any time!
(I can not spend more than 3000 - so don't suggest a Panigale, R1 or FJR 1300.... )

Cheers everybody!

Good list of bikes there mate. I don't know if they are in order of preference ....but the Thunderace and Fazer would be the top of my list too, given your criteria.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:25 AM   #2061
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Some more from yesterday ....Graeme's Panigale at the meet up ...when the sun was still shining and the day looked full of promise.

Sarah trying it out for size ...

Plenty of stowage space under the seat .....for a small lady's purse!

Red n yellow .....go so well together ......

and for enhanced listening pleasure - Termi's

Out on the road ....

Kamchat screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 09:04 AM
Old 05-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #2062
Matt 82
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
You may well have! This was us in the coach/car park behind the Dreadnought Hotel at 12:30.

Where were you heading? Were you on your own or in a group? Saw quite a few bikes going through Callander.
If you spot us again, come over and say 'Hi' ..... always good to meet folk off the Forum .... in fact, the nice carbon R1 in the pics above belongs to 'Guccikins' / Mark off this forum who was joining us for the first time yesterday for a run.
(If you are reading this Mark - Good to meet you yesterday - hope to see you out with us again, but in better weather conditions .... sorry the run wasn't the one we were hoping to do thanks to the cold and rain!

Don't think it was your group that I saw then, as that's the wrong car park. There was a bunch of sports bikes inc a Gixxer in the car park by the river, which is where I stopped. I looked for the dude with that hideous suit (apologies if he's reading) but didn't see him. Didn't fancy walking over to a bunch of randoms and announcing that I was 'looking for Kamchat from the ADV Rider forum'.

I had planned on doing a longer trip up to Pitlochry but the weather changed my mind. Did a run up Loch Nubnaig then headed home.

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #2063
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
Don't think it was your group that I saw then, as that's the wrong car park. There was a bunch of sports bikes inc a Gixxer in the car park by the river, which is where I stopped. I looked for the dude with that hideous suit (apologies if he's reading) but didn't see him. Didn't fancy walking over to a bunch of randoms and announcing that I was 'looking for Kamchat from the ADV Rider forum'.

I had planned on doing a longer trip up to Pitlochry but the weather changed my mind. Did a run up Loch Nubnaig then headed home.

Lol! No, not us then.... but quite ironic that we were indeed just a 100yds away in the other car park across the road!
...and yes Stuart was out with us ...but unfortunately he had ditched his retro, disco leathers for more conservative attire ....

Coincidentally we also headed up north along the A84 past Loch Lubnaig .... and got rained on ..... probably not far behind you .... but we stopped in Strathyre for a brew and to wait for the rain to stop before carrying on northwards to Lix Toll and round to Crianlarich ....

Roads drying out in Lochearnhead ...

Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #2064
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Onwards up Glen Ogle..... following Mark (Guccikins on here)......

Old 05-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #2065
enkil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Very nice..
Old 05-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #2066
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
so nice so nice so nice!!!!!!!

Kamchat, i put you some pictures of my new racing toy... A VFR RC36A created by myself

Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM   #2067
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkil View Post
Very nice..
If that's in reference to my pics - thanks. ..
Old 05-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #2068
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
so nice so nice so nice!!!!!!!

Kamchat, i put you some pictures of my new racing toy... A VFR RC36A created by myself

Looking good bubu - Kind of like your own 'home-made' RC30! Good luck with the racing.
Old 05-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #2069
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yesterdays run ...Because of continued bouts of rain and freezing temps ..we decided to call it a day at Crianlarich and head back down the lochside .... this is the nadgery, twisty section of the A82 from Crianlarich to Tarbet ...

At Tarbet Patrick pulled over to get some feeling back in his fingers ...

Our bikes at Tarbet ...
Old 05-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #2070
Guccikins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post

Yeah was great to meet you guys. I had a great time even though the weather was mingin lol. Looking forward to joining you again and we get some better weather so we can head further. See ya soon, take care, Gucci.
Guccikins is offline   Reply With Quote