Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #196
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaGov
Thank you for all the pictures and all the (lot of) memories it bring back. I lived in Paisley for more than a year in the '90s and Scotland was just like a second home to me (the auld alliance, the flower, the brave, you know what I mean lol). I hope I'll have the chance to get back to The Drum and Monkey or the Shenanigan like in the good old days for a wee beer.
Anyway, I want to get there with my bike... maybe not for the pub crawl but to go to the Loch Maree ('had a great time there) and John O' Groats, yep

You are welcome.. glad to trigger some fond memories. ... although 'Paris for Paisley' - sounds like you made a reasonable swap! Lol! I have ridden round Paris a few times - it's mental... but fun!

This was our last excursion to your part of the world ... your emergency services are very good.

Kamchat screwed with this post 02-08-2010 at 02:05 PM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #197
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandMonkey
Great stuff. I was debating whether to tour Ireland, Scotland or Europe this year but I think your RR has got me heading north.

First post on this site by the way.

Sean
Thanks ... and Hi and welcome ..... from another 'noob'. Good choice ... Scotland is biking heaven .... just as long as the weather behaves.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:01 AM   #198
DeaGov
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
You are welcome.. glad to trigger some fond memories. ... although 'Paris for Paisley' - sounds like you made a reasonable swap! Lol! I have ridden round Paris a few times - it's mental... but fun!
Paisley's not Paris, that's sure lol However, in my opinion, Paris is not that fun when it's about living.

Quote:
This was our last excursion to your part of the world ... your emergency services are very good.

OMG, hope he was not seriously hurt ! I suppose this is the one thing you are not really interested in testing when you are traveling abroad.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #199
IslandMonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
Thanks ... and Hi and welcome ..... from another 'noob'. Good choice ... Scotland is biking heaven .... just as long as the weather behaves.
Thanks for the welcome. As for the weather, have you noticed my location? We're born with webbed feet around here!
IslandMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #200
Goride
ISR adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Great thread!!
It's nice to see that adventures occurs also when you ride a super-fast bike, and not only dawdling bulky bike as mine.

Your machines are amazing, and the pics reflects that nicely.
The pictures look as they tooked by a talented professional, or at least by someone with a very good sense of proportions and angles.

Keep up!
I'm going to stick this thread.
Goride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #201
tim walsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Wink noob loving the thread !! :)

Hi , after lurking on here for a bit myself I can just say that this is one of the best threads I've read on here !! excellent photographs , scenery , bikes , craic ... You've made me get off my ass in this freezing weather and get out on the bike .. out tonight with my mate here in NI ( Near carrickfergus to be precise ) doing roundabouts and trying my best to lean her over lol

Definately gonna make a detour your way some time , A short hop on the ferry and were there , ps , anytime your about over here give us a shout , would be great to get out for a run . Some decent spots over here in Northern Ireland and down in ROI , but it looks like Scotland have it all , amazing scenery and the roads look great , down in Eire the roads usually have a lot of gravel on them, can make for a few skid marks ( and not on the road either )

Keep up the great stories and pics ... Loving it .

Tim , NI.
tim walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:18 PM   #202
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaGov
Paisley's not Paris, that's sure lol However, in my opinion, Paris is not that fun when it's about living.

OMG, hope he was not seriously hurt ! I suppose this is the one thing you are not really interested in testing when you are traveling abroad.

Thanks ... no Lol! it's not something one wants to test - the local emergency services / hospitals. Good news is Graeme (our friend in the pics) made a full recovery - he suffered a shattered collar bone and had to have a plate inserted to hold all the bits together ... he has a wee scar now as a momento :-

Unfortunately he wasn't the only one on that trip to bin his bike and get a broken collar bone ... Jimmy's ZZR1400 after losing the front end on a hairpin bend in Andorra .... he rode all the way back to Scotland with a snapped collar bone - respect!

'That'll buff out , no problem!'
Old 02-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #203
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandMonkey
Thanks for the welcome. As for the weather, have you noticed my location? We're born with webbed feet around here!

Lol! Manchester!..... that's almost tropical for us! .... brings back memories - I used to work as a motorcycle courier in Manchester many years ago.

Meanwhile - some of Glasgow - down by the Clyde :-

Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM   #204
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goride
Great thread!!
It's nice to see that adventures occurs also when you ride a super-fast bike, and not only dawdling bulky bike as mine.

Your machines are amazing, and the pics reflects that nicely.
The pictures look as they tooked by a talented professional, or at least by someone with a very good sense of proportions and angles.

Keep up!
I'm going to stick this thread.

Wow! Thanks for the generous comments - glad you like the pics so much .

Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #205
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim walsh
Hi , after lurking on here for a bit myself I can just say that this is one of the best threads I've read on here !! excellent photographs , scenery , bikes , craic ... You've made me get off my ass in this freezing weather and get out on the bike .. out tonight with my mate here in NI ( Near carrickfergus to be precise ) doing roundabouts and trying my best to lean her over lol

Definately gonna make a detour your way some time , A short hop on the ferry and were there , ps , anytime your about over here give us a shout , would be great to get out for a run . Some decent spots over here in Northern Ireland and down in ROI , but it looks like Scotland have it all , amazing scenery and the roads look great , down in Eire the roads usually have a lot of gravel on them, can make for a few skid marks ( and not on the road either )

Keep up the great stories and pics ... Loving it .

Tim , NI.

Hi Tim - Thanks for saying so .... and thanks for the generous invite ... same goes for yourself - If you do get over to the west coast of Scotland give me a shout and come out riding with us . Well done on getting out in the freezing cold ... I am hoping to get out for a spin this Sunday if possible ... this winter seems to have dragged on for ever! (It'll probably snow now! Lol! )

Old 02-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #206
oktulsa17
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
No wonder he wrecked he doesn't have a rear brake pedal!!

I've heard collar bones are very painful and just breathing hurts.

Quote:
Thanks ... no Lol! it's not something one wants to test - the local emergency services / hospitals. Good news is Graeme (our friend in the pics) made a full recovery - he suffered a shattered collar bone and had to have a plate inserted to hold all the bits together ... he has a wee scar now as a momento :-

Unfortunately he wasn't the only one on that trip to bin his bike and get a broken collar bone ... Jimmy's ZZR1400 after losing the front end on a hairpin bend in Andorra .... he rode all the way back to Scotland with a snapped collar bone - respect!

'That'll buff out , no problem!'
oktulsa17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #207
tim walsh
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Wicked respect

jaysus !!! fair play to both of them for the collar bones snaps mate , I know a few people who did them in when cycling , long recovery and big pain ... nasty. Re the invite , no worries mate , modest accomodation all the same but about 30 mins from the good bits of the antrim coast road ... you know you want to lol :)

fingers have just thawed out from tonights ride , still good though , getting rid of these chicken strips rightly lol :)

all the best , Tim , NI.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:36 AM   #208
Andidry
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
crackin pics Kamchat, we're pretty lucky with our roads

see ya out there sometime
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #209
IslandMonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
Quote:
brings back memories - I used to work as a motorcycle courier in Manchester many years ago.
IslandMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #210
Eddieb
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 878
Quote:
Someone asked for a castle?

Eileen Donnan Castle

For those of you familiar with the 1986 movie 'Highlander' this is the castle used in the first scenes of that movie.

www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz Free GPS tracks for New Zealand & more
www.FlyingtheChair.co.nz - NZ sidecar forums
Eddieb is offline   Reply With Quote