Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #2221
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
For me it's not a bike, it's just a moped A honda CBF 600 S, all Ermax body parts and with and Leo Vince 's exhaust line.

on this picture a friend's TRX, her's CBF, and my Z

I agree with AllBlackPearl - that's a hell of a moped!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #2222
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

More of the pics ....

Lunch in Oban ... hang up your jacket ....

...and follow the sign.....
Old 05-29-2012, 07:14 AM   #2223
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

White boots are still in favour ..... Dave, Mike and John in Oban ...
Old 05-29-2012, 07:18 AM   #2224
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

This is how we like our roads ...... sunny, bendy and empty!

Old 05-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #2225
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
White boots are still in favour ..... Dave, Mike and John in Oban ...
Have you good price in the Alpinestar store??
Old 05-29-2012, 09:45 AM   #2226
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I agree with AllBlackPearl - that's a hell of a moped!
big moped but a moped

More seriously, the bike is heavy, and the engine is quite electric, it's not a fun bike, but the ligne and two or three others things it is better.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #2227
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Well, it's not a moped. Come on.
The problem of the CBF is that it lacks any kind of character whatsoever. It's, how should I put it, boring.
I've never ridden one, though.

The TRX on the other hand! Gotta love it.
The Z, hm.... I'll bever become a Kawa-Fan, I fear. But it looks pretty unique!
i am a kawa-boy, and in the past i had all the STINGE, ZXR 750, ZXR750R and ZX7R, ZX7RR. My first bike was a ZXR400

Now to ride on roads it's the Z1000, and this one is all prepared by myself.

Shock : YSS
Forcks : Racetec
Exhaust ligne : Devil
Brakes : Carbone Lorraine
Paint : Personnal design be me and realised by PMD
Big air box, etc...

pictures

Old 05-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #2228
400BanditTourer
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hi, although this is my first post on this forum i have been reading through this thread for quite a while now. I've really enjoyed it and for some reason me and the girlfriend have decided to come see what all the fuss is about for ourselves. You have inspired us to make our trip this summer up to Inverness (at the most northerly), travelling up one side and back down the other. We are travelling from the midlands so plan to take around 8 days "on the road", around four days in Scotland. We will be travelling through Glasgow on our way and were wondering if you had any places you felt were well worth a visit (we will try to make as many as we can in our relatively limited time frame).

We have already written the details of the green welly in our plans. I hope you are a believer in the old saying "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery".

Thank you for the great posts so far, i look forward to many more.
400BanditTourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #2229
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400BanditTourer View Post
Hi, although this is my first post on this forum i have been reading through this thread for quite a while now. I've really enjoyed it and for some reason me and the girlfriend have decided to come see what all the fuss is about for ourselves. You have inspired us to make our trip this summer up to Inverness (at the most northerly), travelling up one side and back down the other. We are travelling from the midlands so plan to take around 8 days "on the road", around four days in Scotland. We will be travelling through Glasgow on our way and were wondering if you had any places you felt were well worth a visit (we will try to make as many as we can in our relatively limited time frame).

We have already written the details of the green welly in our plans. I hope you are a believer in the old saying "Imitation is the greatest form of flattery".

I prepare a travel in Scotland too. If you want to have some parts of reading on the french tourist book, it's with pleasure...

Kam prepare the guinness, i try to do all what i can to come to see you , despite the buying a new house, the move, my racing season, and the new job, and... But keep my a fresh beer and some beautiful curves
Old 05-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #2230
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post

Other than that - I was finally out in the mountains today and it was awesome. I'm tired and I feel so good. Was only up to 2042m, but the view was absolutely overwhelming. I spare you any photos, as this really has nothing to do with bikes anymore.
But it was so good. SILENCE! An incredible thing.

Cheers, mates!
I wouldn't worry about it - I don't think every pic on a thread has to contain a motorbike ..... It certainly doesn't in many other threads on here. I think this forum is about biking yes, but also about exploring parts of the world through other's eyes..... so feel free to post up a pic or two of the great views in the mountains (I think it only becomes a thread hi-jack when folk start posting loads of pics - One or two of the best shots enhances the thread,
Old 05-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #2231
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
i am a kawa-boy, and in the past i had all the STINGE, ZXR 750, ZXR750R and ZX7R, ZX7RR. My first bike was a ZXR400

Now to ride on roads it's the Z1000, and this one is all prepared by myself.

Shock : YSS
Forcks : Racetec
Exhaust ligne : Devil
Brakes : Carbone Lorraine
Paint : Personnal design be me and realised by PMD
Big air box, etc...

pictures

That's a lot of love and attention gone into that Z1000 bubu.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #2232
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
That's a lot of love and attention gone into that Z1000 bubu.

Thanks!!! my Z1000 have 55 000 km!!! And it has no problems

Bikes are like women, with a lot of love both can give you the key of the paradise...
Old 05-29-2012, 01:15 PM   #2233
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400BanditTourer View Post

Thanks .... awesome stuff! I am honoured that this thread has helped motivate you to visit Scotland.

I assume you are asking about places to see on your tour and not just in Glasgow?

Firstly - the weather will 'make or break' any tour round Scotland .... if it's good this country is a biking paradise.. I hope you get nice weather on your trip.

I don't know if you plan on touring clockwise or anticlockwise so just reverse these recommendations if it's the wrong way ....

If you head up the east side I would strongly recommend going up through Crieff north through the beautiful 'Sma Glen' A822 and across to Blairgowrie then up the awesome A93 to Braemar then across the amazing A939 Lecht Road to Grandtown on Spey through the Cairngorms national park and on to Inverness.

On your way back down the A82 by Loch Ness and on through Glen Coe (a must see) .... then, after the Green Welly I would turn back on the A85 to Dalmally and down to Inveraray and pick up the A83 to Loch Lomond and Glasgow making sure you stop at the 'Rest n be Thankful' to take in the view.

To be fair, whichever way you turn you can't go wrong. If you have time to take some diversions out of your way and the weather is good then north of Fort William the A87 to Kyle of Lochalsh and Eilean Donan castle is well worth it as is the A830 towards Mallaig turning off at Arisaig to do the little B8008 to Morar and the beautiful beaches it threads past.

Hope this is of help.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:21 PM   #2234
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Check it out - a pesky 'safety camera' van on Sunday on the A85 - Why?! - Whose 'safety' ? There are only sheep and trees around!

Or is it about making money?

Old 05-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #2235
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Check it out - a pesky 'safety camera' van on Sunday on the A85 - Why?! - Whose 'safety' ? There are only sheep and trees around!

Or is it about making money?

Making money of course, but you can see them, you are lucky!!!

in France it is that

There are lots of speed camera, some are fixed, some are in car and could move...

beware if you will come in France, and if they catch you under 50 km/h over the speed limit they can keep your bike.