ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 03:39 PM   #2251
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Why not simply admit that the others are in front and just outta sight?
Lol! Quite possibly

Btw..... saw these on Sunday and thought of you .... an Ace in Oban

and an RF at the Welly in Tyndrum....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #2252
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
If you want good champagne, ask me!!! I have a very good "champagne ros"...

Life is good when you have nice pleasure

I certainly will bubu .....although I have to admit that champagne is not a regular 'tipple' for us .... a good cup of tea is more our thing! Lol!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #2253
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
I took your advice on Monday. Nice place with a great view. Good steak pie too!
Thanks for the feedback ...... it's always good to hear others opinions on places and I'm glad you enjoyed your stop at the Clachaig Inn..... it is certainly a stunning setting to enjoy a bite to eat in.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #2254
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
I certainly will bubu .....although I have to admit that champagne is not a regular 'tipple' for us .... a good cup of tea is more our thing! Lol!
And me i am mickey mousse

A cup of tea with cognac

And we have lots of others expressions to explame we don't believe, like :

1 - "...and my ass is chicken"

2- "... but of course"

3- "...you take me for a rabbit wich is borned six week later"

etc...
__________________
Live To RIDE

bubu screwed with this post 06-01-2012 at 01:27 AM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #2255
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
And me i am mickey mousse

A cup of tea with cognac

And we have lots of others expressions to explame we don't believe, like :

1 - "...and my ass is chicken"

2- "... but of course"

3- "...you take me for a rabbit wich is borned six week later"

etc...


Lol! - Love it ...... I'm going to try that - 'you take me for a rabbit wich is borned six week later' one at the earliest opportunity.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #2256
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Lol! - Love it ...... I'm going to try that - 'you take me for a rabbit wich is borned six week later' one at the earliest opportunity.


The correct translation for this expression would in fact be "Do you think I'm a 6-week-old rabbit?"
Meaning that your not as nav as one might think...

Anyway, I prefer "mon cul c'est du poulet", which indeed translates to "..and my ass is chicken"
The French are just strange sometimes, eh?
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #2257
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Lol! Quite possibly

Btw..... saw these on Sunday and thought of you .... an Ace in Oban

and an RF at the Welly in Tyndrum....
Thanks!!

How I wish I'd find one...
There is a new offer online, looks perfect - but they want 5500 CHF for it... It's a '04, though. Too bad.
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #2258
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Lol! - Love it ...... I'm going to try that - 'you take me for a rabbit wich is borned six week later' one at the earliest opportunity.
An other expression

"...and the marmot put the chocolate in the aluminum paper" (this is a translation of an advertising)

Kam do you have stupid expressions like those?
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #2259
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post


The correct translation for this expression would in fact be "Do you think I'm a 6-week-old rabbit?"
Meaning that your not as nav as one might think...

Anyway, I prefer "mon cul c'est du poulet", which indeed translates to "..and my ass is chicken"
The French are just strange sometimes, eh?

Chicken could be replace by turkey
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #2260
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Chicken could be replace by turkey
This is what you usually reply, no? If someone says ".. et mon cul c'est du poulet!", you say "non, c'est de la dinde!"

In Germany you usually say "... und ich bin der Kaiser von China!", which translates to "..and I'm the emperor of China!"
I think in the UK you might say "..and I'm the Queen of Sheba!"

Anyway, are we a little off-topic here?

Just coming back from the Central Pub down in Monthey where they claim to have 120 different beers. Well, at least they have a lot. I had some a couple of Belgian beers (nommy!) and then I went for a Scottish one: BrewDog
Kam- d'ya know that? It's really good and they have a lot of different brews.
I took the one that suits me best - BrewDog Punk IPA. On the glass it says "Beer for Punks". Just right then, aye!
The bottle claims "BrewDog's beers are the epitome of pure punk".
I love it!

bubu - you like beers, eh? We gotta go through the Central Pub collection one day!
Or even better - let's go to the Bierhalle in Glasgow.
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #2261
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
This is what you usually reply, no? If someone says ".. et mon cul c'est du poulet!", you say "non, c'est de la dinde!"

In Germany you usually say "... und ich bin der Kaiser von China!", which translates to "..and I'm the emperor of China!"
I think in the UK you might say "..and I'm the Queen of Sheba!"

Anyway, are we a little off-topic here?

Just coming back from the Central Pub down in Monthey where they claim to have 120 different beers. Well, at least they have a lot. I had some a couple of Belgian beers (nommy!) and then I went for a Scottish one: BrewDog
Kam- d'ya know that? It's really good and they have a lot of different brews.
I took the one that suits me best - BrewDog Punk IPA. On the glass it says "Beer for Punks". Just right then, aye!
The bottle claims "BrewDog's beers are the epitome of pure punk".
I love it!

bubu - you like beers, eh? We gotta go through the Central Pub collection one day!
Or even better - let's go to the Bierhalle in Glasgow.
Yes i like beer, but i drink only one, the beer of the beer, the GUINNESS
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #2262
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Finally the gixxers are reunited .... we managed to get Sarah's 750 tested and taxed and back out on the road where it belongs - happy days.....



went and got some of these, in Strathyre..... warm scones and tea..


Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #2263
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
SARAH is back

have good rides both
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #2264
erohver
Gnarly Adventurer
 
erohver's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Champlain, NY
Oddometer: 170
I just found and skimmed through most of this thred. Great photos! Are you still using the Canon Powershot?
__________________
###################################
2002 KTM 640
2009 KLR 650
2003 SV 650
erohver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:15 AM   #2265
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Finally the gixxers are reunited .... we managed to get Sarah's 750 tested and taxed and back out on the road where it belongs - happy days.....



went and got some of these, in Strathyre..... warm scones and tea..

Happy days indeed!
Good to see that everything and everyone is back where they belong.
Tell her hi and safe ridin' !


...and those scones look NOMMY!
I used to get fresh home-made scones when I was in Carluke. I guess they can't be beaten - but the Strathyre ones do look good. They go excellent with a nice Lady Grey, don't they?
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014