Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #2431
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachap View Post
Kamchat, I'm only about 40 pages in, but I wanted to make a few comments. Like everyone else, I am jealous of your camera-eye. My wife has a really nice camera, but whenever I use it I take crappy pictures. You really capture the moment. People like you on this forum help to feed my love of motorcycling. I've always thought that everything looked better from a motorcycle and your pictures really show it.

It is also really nice to see the variety of bikes in your pictures. In particular it seems that the group you ride with has a nice, diverse collection of bikes. That is so different from where I live here in the states. Everyone has the same 2 models of Harley's or a Gixxer Here in your thread there has been a nice mix of all the brands. On that note, which sport-bikes seem to be the most popular there? From your pics it looks like the answer would be "all of them".

Last, it's nice seeing that you actually, you know, ride your motorcycles. You guys seem really dedicated to what you do.

Keep up the good work. Your work is very inspiring.

Wow.... thanks for the awesome comments. They are much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the next 120 pages as much!

'Most popular sportsbike?' - As you say - 'All of them' ..... gixxers are very popular here .... but R1's and Blade's are plentiful too . with all brands and models on the roads ... I think the UK bike market is more sportsbike driven than most others ...although 'adventure style' bikes are selling well and mounting a challenge.

Gerry's R1 with Go-Pro mount.

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 03:51 AM   #2432
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
.... This is turning into probabaly the worst summer ever! - with yet more rain forecast for Sunday! *sigh*
Hello mate, Yes the weather has been terrible hasn't it, it's been pretty naff down here in yorkshire as well lately, how ironic that we nearly had an hosepipe ban here back in bone dry march!!. Big raps on keeping the thread going from strength to strength despite weather for ducks, i really hope the weather takes a turn for the better in the coming weeks, especially week after next as i plan on been up in the orkney isles forra few days then working my way back home down the west side the following weekend, plan on making a overnight stop round the glencoe/tyndrum area so i'll keep my eyes out for you, sarah and the gang so i can pop across to say hello.

Ride safe mate and keep up the great work, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #2433
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Hello mate, Yes the weather has been terrible hasn't it, it's been pretty naff down here in yorkshire as well lately, how ironic that we nearly had an hosepipe ban here back in bone dry march!!. Big raps on keeping the thread going from strength to strength despite weather for ducks, i really hope the weather takes a turn for the better in the coming weeks, especially week after next as i plan on been up in the orkney isles forra few days then working my way back home down the west side the following weekend, plan on making a overnight stop round the glencoe/tyndrum area so i'll keep my eyes out for you, sarah and the gang so i can pop across to say hello.

Ride safe mate and keep up the great work, always well appreciated in this neck of the woods.

Keith.

Thanks mate I hope the weather does change soon for all our sakes! .... They had to end that hosepipe ban so folk could use them to pump water out of their cellars! Have a great trip to Orkney and maybe see you on the road.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #2434
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

'Waverley Watch'

For once Sarah and I got a different view of her..... from onboard.

This was heading off yesterday morning down the Clyde....

The tug in the pic was used to turn her around in the river so she was pointing the right way. Tug just comes up to the bow and pushes the big paddle steamer 'nose to bow' - see pic below..

Passing the Glenlee at the Maritime Museum....

As you can see it started out another grey cloudy day ... fortunately it started to brighten up by the time we got to Dunoon....

In the loo you get handles to grab hold of so you can pee in high seas ..... mind you, even though we had calm waters some folk, who spent the whole trip (7 hrs) in the bar, probably found them useful too.

The car ferry heading across to Dunoon..... in the backround - our usual playground on the bikes.

Later in the afternoon - sunshine at Rothesay..... Waverley arriving back to pick us back up (plus our bicycles and about 60 other passengers).

The huge engine is awesome to watch in action....

Kamchat screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 09:59 AM
Old 07-15-2012, 03:59 PM   #2435
Matt 82
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
The boat trip looks good. I did a trip out to Inchcolm from Queensferry the other day, which was pretty good. Was jujst a wee boat right enough.

How long and how much was your trip there?

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:39 PM   #2436
Neil Claydon
Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer: 224
Thanks for the pics of the Waverly, lots of memories from when she used to do regular trips from Southend Pier to various destinations around the Essex and Kent coast.
Not seen her for many years now, too many, I think my last trip on her was aged about 12 in 1970, Southend to Ramsgate, it was so rough that she could not dock, ended up as a two way trip with no rest.
I loved it, but then I wasn't spending my time feeding the fishes

Neil.

Neil Claydon screwed with this post 07-19-2012 at 04:55 PM
Neil Claydon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:22 AM   #2437
Felon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 29
Quote:
Wow.... thanks for the awesome comments. They are much appreciated. I hope you enjoy the next 120 pages as much!

'Most popular sportsbike?' - As you say - 'All of them' ..... gixxers are very popular here .... but R1's and Blade's are plentiful too . with all brands and models on the roads ... I think the UK bike market is more sportsbike driven than most others ...although 'adventure style' bikes are selling well and mounting a challenge.

Gerry's R1 with Go-Pro mount.

o.0 is this gopro black? and signal looks behind the bike?

Felon screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 06:28 AM
Felon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #2438
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
The boat trip looks good. I did a trip out to Inchcolm from Queensferry the other day, which was pretty good. Was jujst a wee boat right enough.

How long and how much was your trip there?

Hi Matt. The return trip to Rothesay cost 77 which was 31 each and 7.50 for each bicycle. We left at 10:00 a.m. stopped at Greenock, Helensburgh and Dunoon on the way. After dropping us at Rothesay the Waverley went on to Tighnabruaich before returning for us. This gave us three hours to cycle across to the other side of the island to Ettrick Bay and the excellent Ettrick Bay Tea Room where we had afternoon tea with a slab of cake, enjoying the stunning view from the benches outside....

Ettrick Bay ahead ...

The view from the Tea Room......

For a few hours we had a taste of 'summer' ...... and it tasted good....

We got back to Glasgow at 9:00 p.m.

If you want to know details of sailings and prices click here and then on 'book now' tab....
http://www.waverleyexcursions.co.uk/timetables.htm

Kamchat screwed with this post 07-16-2012 at 10:51 AM
Old 07-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #2439
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Claydon View Post
Thanks for the pics of the Waverly, lots of memories from when she used to do regular trips from Southend Pier to various destinations around the Essex and Kent coast.
Not seen her for many years now, too many, I think my last trip on her was aged about 1970, Southend to Ramsgate, it was so rough that she could not dock, ended up as a two way trip with no rest.
I loved it, but then I wasn't spending my time feeding the fishes

Neil.

Cheers Neil, the good news is she is back in Southend for a couple of weeks at the end of Sept. Check out the link in my post above to Matt and click 'book now' tab then put in 'All' and 'Thames'.in the search boxes
Old 07-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #2440
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felon View Post
o.0 is this gopro black? and signal looks behind the bike?
Didn't look closely but it looks black, as for the indicators, - they are aftermarket smaller ones that look black but illuminate orange when flashing (smoked lense).
Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #2441
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Old school mechanicals .... there was some 'tractor-fest' going on in Rothesay and they were waiting at the harbour to board the main ferry whilst we were waiting for the Waverley ......

Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #2442
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

and because this thread is mostly about bike pics ..... clicked this the other day .... thought it was knd of 'fitting' ...

Old 07-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #2443
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Kam when the sky is blue you ride bicycle and when it rain you ride motorcycle!!
Old 07-17-2012, 01:17 AM   #2444
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 526
Spent a wicked Hogmanay at Dunoon - ended up crashing at the home of the drugs counsellor from the nuke submarine base, which was across the Loch.

It snowed. Great times.
Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #2445
Neil Claydon
Don't follow me, I'm lost

Oddometer: 224
Quote:
Cheers Neil, the good news is she is back in Southend for a couple of weeks at the end of Sept. Check out the link in my post above to Matt and click 'book now' tab then put in 'All' and 'Thames'.in the search boxes
Thanks for that, I'll have to see what I can sort out, just had a quick look to see if I could do the same trip as before, and get ashore this time, but not to be.

Neil.
Neil Claydon is offline   Reply With Quote