Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #2491
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,598
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryK View Post
25 to 30c is perfect, 35c is starting to get warm, 40c is ok if moving, you need some different gear for the hot LOL

We get used to the heat as you get used to the cold

Terry
'35C starting to get warm' ...... Lol! fortunately we never see 35C here! I would be melting in my leathers..... I know this from riding round Barcelona in leathers on holiday once .... it was not pleasant!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:27 AM   #2492
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
'35C starting to get warm' ...... Lol! fortunately we never see 35C here! I would be melting in my leathers..... I know this from riding round Barcelona in leathers on holiday once .... it was not pleasant!
Well, we're above 30C at the moment. But you know, I'm so happy to be riding again that I don't really care about melting in my leathers.
Although I have to admit that riding through traffic in above 30C after a 10 hour-day in the lab is not really heaven on earth.. Especially as the VFR produces a lot of heat.
But oh well.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #2493
TerryK
Ulysses

Oddometer: 1,542
Quote:
Lol! If we limited riding to 14C + we would get out a lot less often .....(it's bad enough with rain stopping play).
I tend to ride if it's 8C or over but obviously prefer riding if it's 15C to 25C ,
20C+ is a rare treat these days, although tonight it was 23C on my way home from work at 6.00 so I got out for a wee run up to Aberfoyle and beyond after tea....

This is the B829 along Loch Ard at 8.30 this evening

These are great photos, lovely spot, just said to the wife that we have to get to Scotland sometime soon...our daughter has been in London since late last year & has been complaining about how cold it is.

Cheers Terry

Check out my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/KaneTerry?feature=mhee
TerryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #2494
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Kam you will never ride in south of France. 35 degrees it is a normal temperature. i come from south...
Old 07-26-2012, 02:22 AM   #2495
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Lol! If we limited riding to 14C + we would get out a lot less often .....(it's bad enough with rain stopping play).
I tend to ride if it's 8C or over but obviously prefer riding if it's 15C to 25C ,
20C+ is a rare treat these days, although tonight it was 23C on my way home from work at 6.00 so I got out for a wee run up to Aberfoyle and beyond after tea....

This is the B829 along Loch Ard at 8.30 this evening

What a beautifull place
Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #2496
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Well, we're above 30C at the moment. But you know, I'm so happy to be riding again that I don't really care about melting in my leathers.
Although I have to admit that riding through traffic in above 30C after a 10 hour-day in the lab is not really heaven on earth.. Especially as the VFR produces a lot of heat.
But oh well.

I think in those temps ..and if riding in town traffic it must be tempting to dump the leathers and ride in a T-shirt. I know many would consider this reckless but I noticed when riding in the south of France that the motorcycle cops ride in short sleeve shirts!
Old 07-26-2012, 01:54 PM   #2497
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
These are great photos, lovely spot, just said to the wife that we have to get to Scotland sometime soon...our daughter has been in London since late last year & has been complaining about how cold it is.

Cheers Terry

Cheers Terry.... I hope you and the wife do make it here .... and tour round by bike.....Just don't come in winter, not if you don't like riding in sub 14C temps lol!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:00 PM   #2498
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Kam you will never ride in south of France. 35 degrees it is a normal temperature. i come from south...
HaHa you are so right!

I have actually ridden in the south of France on several occasions .... We used to ride to Paul Ricard near Bandol for the MotoGp's when they used to be held there many year's ago... happy days. But yes, I know what you mean - it is not nice 35 C and leathers! ... It's bearable as long as you keep moving, but sitting at traffic lights is uuugh!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #2499
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
What a beautifull place
It is ... and only 30 mins from Glasgow..... This wee church is just a down the road from the above pics ..on the outskirts of Aberfoyle in the shadow of the Trossachs....

Old 07-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #2500
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
It is ... and only 30 mins from Glasgow..... This wee church is just a down the road from the above pics ..on the outskirts of Aberfoyle in the shadow of the Trossachs....

So nice, i really would like to ride with you
Old 07-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #2501
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
HaHa you are so right!

I have actually ridden in the south of France on several occasions .... We used to ride to Paul Ricard near Bandol for the MotoGp's when they used to be held there many year's ago... happy days. But yes, I know what you mean - it is not nice 35 C and leathers! ... It's bearable as long as you keep moving, but sitting at traffic lights is uuugh!
I have done a track day on the Ricard. I did my studies at Toulon. And i am from Avignon...

But ride with safety leather is a suicide!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #2502
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 719
Quote:
I think in those temps ..and if riding in town traffic it must be tempting to dump the leathers and ride in a T-shirt. I know many would consider this reckless but I noticed when riding in the south of France that the motorcycle cops ride in short sleeve shirts!
They do here as well. Always reminds me of Jon and Ponch from CHiPs.
Seriously, I find it pretty unacceptable.
In Germany the motorcycle cops always wear leather... And ride beemers mostly. Hehe.
Here they have all kinds of bikes - FJRs, beemers, Multistradas, even some R1s.
Not setting a good example though.

I don't consider riding in anything but the leathers. Been riding in T-shirt exactly once in my life - on my way to the Dune du Pyla near Bordeaux. It was 40C or more that day and not a wee bit of shadow anywhere.
Still, I'd never do it again. I spent the whole ride imagining what would happen if I crashed...
I even hate riding in Jeans and leather jacket. Not feeling complete without the full leathers, boots, gloves and helmet.
Most people call me crazy, though.
During the summer you'll not see many bikers NOT riding in shirt and shorts around here. I wish I'll never have to pick one of them up from the road after an off.

Each for his own, but for me the good old "ATFGATFT" counts!

Oh, and just as a wee side note: Belgium is setting some really great examples. I wish other countries would have the guts to follow them.

AllBlackPearl screwed with this post 07-26-2012 at 02:49 PM
AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:37 AM   #2503
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
It's is very tempting to ride in a T-shirt but I still wear a jacket, the bike cops ride in a shirt in the warm weather & that has to be a OH&S issue.

Terry

Old 07-27-2012, 02:55 AM   #2504
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
It's is very tempting to ride in a T-shirt but I still wear a jacket, the bike cops ride in a shirt in the warm weather & that has to be a OH&S issue.

Terry

In France it's different...

Cops are soldiers and they have winter clothes and summer clothes. They must wear the good ones. It's the governement who decide what cops must wear...

But cops are so silly, they never revolt against that
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 AM   #2505
TerryK
Ulysses

Quote:
In France it's different...

Cops are soldiers and they have winter clothes and summer clothes. They must wear the good ones. It's the governement who decide what cops must wear...

But cops are so silly, they never revolt against that
When we were in Paris a few years ago we saw plenty of cops on scooters, now that looks funny

Terry