Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #241
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse
Incredible pics...now I really feel homesick

Thanks - glad you like the pics .... sorry about the 'homesickness' ... perhaps you need to come home for a visit?

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM   #242
lemovice
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
salut
trés jolies photos et trés beau pay.
j'ai visité l'Ecosse dans les années 80 avec un 600 ténéré et j'en gardes un trés bon souvenir.
nous avons été trés bien accueilli par les Ecossais qui nous on fait decouvrir leur spcialitées culinaires et culturelles.
on avait fait ce voyage pour rendre homage à Mary Stuart.
lemovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #243
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
... but in the back of my head I seem to remember someone once telling me it could damage the bike's electrics ... this might be rubbish...
Well, I think it is! It won't hurt your bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat
Hope your bike is ok ... yes, I have my fingers crossed for you.
Unfortunately, IF I will be able to repair it, it will take some time.. The bike stands 70km from home and it's not gonna be easy to work there. Apart from not having the time... But thanks for crossing.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 04:02 PM   #244
Xian24
Noobventurer

Oddometer: 33
Thumb Awesome!

Spent 3 weeks in a cage in Scotland this summer. Highlights were Applecross, Duness and Skye! Your pics bring back great memories... Thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 07:39 PM   #245
Wheresmurph
SEEKER OF PEACE

Oddometer: 535
Brilliant,just Brilliant.
As a former Dubliner,by way of Bugbrooke Northampton for a year(she had her hooks in me,what can I say)there`s nuthin like those Scottish roads for a truly spectacular day out.
Fantastic RR,ditto on the pics,what a wonderfull set of memories you have stirred up.
I left that side for good in `86 and have only been back once in `90,thats the last time !!.Good Gawd,it`s been awhile.
But thanks for bringin all those flavors flooding back.
I used to ride Enduro in the Glen `O the Downs in Wicklow when I lived there,similar scenery..................Murf.
I raise me glass to ye......

www.wherethehellismurph.com
Wheresmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:55 PM   #246
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemovice
salut
trés jolies photos et trés beau pay.
j'ai visité l'Ecosse dans les années 80 avec un 600 ténéré et j'en gardes un trés bon souvenir.
nous avons été trés bien accueilli par les Ecossais qui nous on fait decouvrir leur spcialitées culinaires et culturelles.
on avait fait ce voyage pour rendre homage à Mary Stuart.
Merci! Glad you like the pics. If you were here in the 80's maybe it's time for another trip. You are right about the Scots being great people and they do have a rich heritage and culture ... although I am not so sure about the 'culinary bit' Lol!

Old 03-04-2010, 02:00 PM   #247
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl
Well, I think it is! It won't hurt your bike.

Unfortunately, IF I will be able to repair it, it will take some time.. The bike stands 70km from home and it's not gonna be easy to work there. Apart from not having the time... But thanks for crossing.
You are welcome. Still keeping them crossed. I hope you get it sorted ... life just wouldn't be the same without a bike!.. especially as summer is on it's way.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #248
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurfDaSurf
Brilliant,just Brilliant.
As a former Dubliner,by way of Bugbrooke Northampton for a year(she had her hooks in me,what can I say)there`s nuthin like those Scottish roads for a truly spectacular day out.
Fantastic RR,ditto on the pics,what a wonderfull set of memories you have stirred up.
I left that side for good in `86 and have only been back once in `90,thats the last time !!.Good Gawd,it`s been awhile.
But thanks for bringin all those flavors flooding back.
I used to ride Enduro in the Glen `O the Downs in Wicklow when I lived there,similar scenery..................Murf.
I raise me glass to ye......

Thanks ... Cheers! I'm sure you will be having a few of those on St Patrick's day in just over a week's time.

Overlooking the Kyles of Bute
Old 03-04-2010, 05:40 PM   #249
flyingz06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Ducati!!! Sweet!
2008 Yamaha WR250
flyingz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #250
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,188
Outstanding! I've got a big Nikon outfit that lives in my sock drawer while my little Canon digital travels everywhere with me. Nice work.

I fully understand this sad sentiment:

A85 incident again ..this is what happens when car-driving tourists stop in the middle of the road, without indicating ..and dither over whether to pull into a layby or not!

I lived in Wyoming for many years and rode Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks a lot. Ferking tourists would just stop in the middle of the road, get out of the car (or motorhome!!!), leave all the doors open, and wander off to check out the scenery or wildlife. I learned to be very very cautious on blind curves...

This is an area that has always interested me, hopefully I'll get to visit some day!

Doug
Old 03-05-2010, 06:20 AM   #251
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingz06
Ducati!!! Sweet!
Another Ducati fan... I know quite a few ...

Our friend above has some great taste in Italian exotics .. here's Sarah with some of them (sorry for crappy pic quality - taken with my phone) ...

Kamchat screwed with this post 03-05-2010 at 06:26 AM
Old 03-05-2010, 06:36 AM   #252
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfromthestix
Outstanding! I've got a big Nikon outfit that lives in my sock drawer while my little Canon digital travels everywhere with me. Nice work.

I fully understand this sad sentiment:

A85 incident again ..this is what happens when car-driving tourists stop in the middle of the road, without indicating ..and dither over whether to pull into a layby or not!

I lived in Wyoming for many years and rode Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks a lot. Ferking tourists would just stop in the middle of the road, get out of the car (or motorhome!!!), leave all the doors open, and wander off to check out the scenery or wildlife. I learned to be very very cautious on blind curves...

This is an area that has always interested me, hopefully I'll get to visit some day!

Doug

Thanks .. got to love those wee 'powershots'.

I suppose it's one of the problems with living in an area full of natural beauty ..... you have to 'take the rough with the smooth' and put up with the tourists it attracts. This pic was taken at Glen Coe whilst we waited for the road to re-open after a tourist drove off the road down a ditch whilst looking at the scenery!

The Police finaly getting the offending vehicle up out of the ditch and loaded on a rescue truck

Meanwhile the queue behind has built up ...

Of course every cloud has a silver lining ...and the benefit was that thanks to the road being shut for 45 mins ..and the fact all the bikes filtered up to the front .. it meant that when they did release us we had a clear road ahead for the next 30 miles to Tyndrum with no other traffic getting in the way ... just sportsbikes enjoying the curves.

Kamchat screwed with this post 03-05-2010 at 06:53 AM
Old 03-07-2010, 02:09 AM   #253
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oh Boy! - Can't wait ...first rideout of the season happening later today .... it's been a long time coming, this has been the worst winter in Scotland for over 40 years! But if the weather is as nice as yesterday (and forecast says it should be) it's going to be great .... took these at Loch Lomond yesterday .... a chunk of the Loch is still frozen ..

Guess there is probably a story behind this ... flowers in Loch Lomond ice ..it struck me as rather poignant ... whoever they are for - 'God bless you'.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #254
lemovice
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
[quote = Kamchat] Merci! Glad you like the pics. Si tu étais là dans les années 80 peut-être qu'il est temps pour un autre voyage. Vous avez raison sur les Ecossais sont des gens formidables et ils ont un riche patrimoine et culture ... bien que je ne suis pas si sûr Lol 'bit culinaires'!

[/ quote]

je reviendrai en Ecosse au niveau culinaire en France on est les champions du monde,mais chaques pays à ces spécialités ce qui fait la richesse de notre planete,pandant mon séjour j'ai connu une petite Ecossaise qui ma fait decouvrir un autre paysage de l'Ecosse je ne là reverai pas mais j'en garde un bon souvenir
lemovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #255
gordonmike51
Old Geezer

Oddometer: 30
Just joined this thread.....great photos !!!

I stumbled upon this quite by accident....what beautiful scenery. I and my wife, along with her cousin and the cousin's husband (follow all that?) are planning to visit your fine country next year. We are all from the Great Lakes area of USA and we will be stuck in a cage for the trip.... I still think that touring those roads pictured will be a great idea. We will do our best to not block traffic.....on or OFF the road. I'm totally mistified as to where we will be staying at, for our base of operations. The wife and cousin are in Cancun this week, so I'll have to get them planning this one when they get back. We are all excited to get a chance to see beautiful Scotland.
gordonmike51 is offline   Reply With Quote