Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 02:18 AM   #2566
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
It's not a bike but a truck

Lol! - So, being red, you think it should have been in with the 'fire-engine' pics?
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #2567
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Speaking of 'red' ...it's amazing what you come across out in the middle of no-where.......we were cycling yesterday out on the cycle route between Glasgow and Port Glasgow and came across these red Roman legionnaires ......

Made from old bits of railway (the cycle-way was an old railtrack many years ago) ... and horseshoes

The centurion.... on the other side of the path...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #2568
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 607
It could be nice in a modern museum, but here it's strange
Old 08-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #2569
Swedener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
I think the red Roman Legionnaires seems to be on just the right place. Significantly greater experience to encounter them out in the middle of no-where, instead of inside a museum.

Kamchat and Sahra, you seem to have a life with many wonderful experiences. You make me both inspired and a little jealous. I can blame myself for the envy. I think I might be a little bad at exploiting the offered experiences that are in our vicinity. On the other hand, the landscape, nature, roads, buildings and lot of other things are so different and attractive in your photos. It depends of course that you are such a good photographer . I really saturated the way it is here where I live. Think I have to go to Scotland.

I take the opportunity to share a picture of my bike.
(Disclosing style of the woman in the background. )
Swedener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2570
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedener View Post
I think the red Roman Legionnaires seems to be on just the right place. Significantly greater experience to encounter them out in the middle of no-where, instead of inside a museum.

Kamchat and Sahra, you seem to have a life with many wonderful experiences. You make me both inspired and a little jealous. I can blame myself for the envy. I think I might be a little bad at exploiting the offered experiences that are in our vicinity. On the other hand, the landscape, nature, roads, buildings and lot of other things are so different and attractive in your photos. It depends of course that you are such a good photographer . I really saturated the way it is here where I live. Think I have to go to Scotland.

I'm with Swedener on this one.... I think the legionnaires are much more effective because they take you by surprise - you just don't expect to see them there ..and because of that they make a much bigger impact. As we approached them cycling along I was thinking - 'What on earth is that ahead?' - then 'WTF!' ..then 'Wow, that's great!'

Swedener - Your bike is also a piece of 'art' ... I really like the look of that Guzzi. Cheers.
You are right about us taking for granted what we are used to seeing around us all the time.... I am sure if I came to Sweden I would be 'bowled over' by the architecture, buildings and scenery there. But yes, - come back to Scotland. Bring that Guzzi back home and let her show you round.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #2571
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Nice Bike Swedener

Quote:

Hey Swedener, that is gorgeous!
is it the 850 or 1000?
Old 08-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #2572
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkster View Post
is it the 850 or 1000?

It is an V11 Scura...
Old 08-28-2012, 05:08 PM   #2573
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Thanks bubu

Quote:
It is an V11 Scura...
WHOOPS MY mistake
I like it even more.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:17 AM   #2574
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
WHOOPS MY mistake
I like it even more.

the same as V11 le mans or Sport. For me the most beautiful is the le mans rosso corsa

Old 08-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #2575
Swedener
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
But yes, - come back to Scotland. Bring that Guzzi back home and let her show you round.
I am sure I will visit Scotland soon, because my Guzzi is about to pester me to death that we should "go home". But I try to explain: -You have a new home now and I will show you all the curvy roads that are in your new country.
Then we set off at full speed on some twisties and we are both happy again!
But as I said, I will definitely be visiting Scotland more times

Quote:
is it the 850 or 1000?
It is the 1100cc (1064cc). Glad you like it!

Quote:
It is an V11 Scura...
I don't want to be a clever dick, but I have to correct you because your answer to kinkster is wrong. My bike is a V11 Sport Ballabio and not a V11 Sport Scura. Nice that you like the Rosso Corsa

Swedener screwed with this post 08-29-2012 at 10:49 AM Reason: Non
Swedener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #2576
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I am sure I will visit Scotland soon, because my Guzzi is about to pester me to death that we should "go home". But I try to explain: -You have a new home now and I will show you all the curvy roads that are in your new country.

It is the 1100cc (1064cc). Glad you like it!

I don't want to be a clever dick, but I have to correct you because your answer to kinkster is wrong. My bike is a V11 Sport Ballabio and not a V11 Sport Scura. Nice that you like the Rosso Corsa
Sorry i don't watch the handlebar...

I like guzzi, the engine is special and nice to ride. A little heavy, and you must be carefull when you turne the throttle cause the bike go on the left with the torque of the engine...
Old 08-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #2577
Aargee
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Hi Aargee, good to hear from you. What happened? Why haven't you been riding!? Nothing serious I hope!
Had a minor fall on Jun 20th; fault was mine to not having changed the front tire for over 18000+ miles & had to pay for it through dislocated right shoulder. Had quite a fun though; was dragged over 10+ foot after the fall & got up beneath a bus and was laughing instead of checking out anything. I guess the laugh was just because of the protection from riding gears (which is very rare scene in this country )

Anyway, lots of things happened after that; didn't ride for 7 weeks then picked up courage to ride long 1900 miles against the doctor's advice of staying away from riding for 2 months atleast.

Right now, I'm switching between rides & drives. Had an awesome ride last Sunday with friends, we even had a Hayabusa riding along with us. Wanna see the pics?

Quote:
B.E.A.utiful; Why're they posing with hands folded? Some kind of sign language ?
Aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:48 PM   #2578
bubu
Studly Adventurer

other pictures of a track day, Kam will i prepare a track day for us in 2013?

Old 09-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #2579
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Good to hear it. If you need any help or info for your visit, when it happens, let me know.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:03 PM   #2580
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargee View Post
Had a minor fall on Jun 20th; fault was mine to not having changed the front tire for over 18000+ miles & had to pay for it through dislocated right shoulder. Had quite a fun though; was dragged over 10+ foot after the fall & got up beneath a bus and was laughing instead of checking out anything. I guess the laugh was just because of the protection from riding gears (which is very rare scene in this country )

Anyway, lots of things happened after that; didn't ride for 7 weeks then picked up courage to ride long 1900 miles against the doctor's advice of staying away from riding for 2 months atleast.

Right now, I'm switching between rides & drives. Had an awesome ride last Sunday with friends, we even had a Hayabusa riding along with us. Wanna see the pics?

B.E.A.utiful; Why're they posing with hands folded? Some kind of sign language ?

Wow! Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad you aren't too badly beat up. ... but 'ending up under a bus' sounds like you had a 'close shave' and it could have been a lot worse! .

Good to hear it hasn't put you off riding at all and sure, - feel free to post some of the pics ..or a link.

The 'folded arms' thing has no significance....they were just messing about 'striking a pose' when they saw me jump off the bike to grab a pic at temporary traffic lights.