bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 577
live to ride and ride to live
Old 05-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #3003
ullukk
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Great to see the pictures coming thick and fast again mate!! Lets hope good old blitey gets a decent summer this year, also congrats on the 200 plus pages of this great thread and long may it continue!!.
ullukk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #3004
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Thanks Kam...

I will ride soon for the time on a GIXXER...

Old 05-11-2013, 01:31 PM   #3005
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ullukk View Post
Great to see the pictures coming thick and fast again mate!! Lets hope good old blitey gets a decent summer this year, also congrats on the 200 plus pages of this great thread and long may it continue!!.

Thanks mate ........it's much appreciated.

Any kind of 'summer' would be welcome at the moment ...we still seem to be stuck in winter ! This is the worst start to a year 'weather-wise' that I can remember....Surely it must change soon.....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #3006
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hi bubu

Congrats on the new bike ..........looking good.
...with this bike I feel the podium will be your 'home'.....

'GSXR - Own the racetrack' - Suzuki's slogan.

Good luck with her.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #3007
bubu
Studly Adventurer

big work on this bike!!!

Big engine, it is a 750 (year 1990) with 128 bhp!!!!!

Special shock by Shock Factory
Special forks by DIP Racing

Etc...

It will be good

May be one day you will try it
Old 05-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #3008
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,290
Bluhduh winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks mate ........it's much appreciated.

Any kind of 'summer' would be welcome at the moment ...we still seem to be stuck in winter ! This is the worst start to a year 'weather-wise' that I can remember....Surely it must change soon.....
It is the same on this side of "the pond".
We had snow in May! The first time since the last Ice Age.
Luckily it seems to have finally passed, today is basically perfect.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #3009
afk40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...
afk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:55 AM   #3010
bubu
Studly Adventurer

GRRRR the ecologists and their fight against the noise (against all in fact). In France the max is 95db on lots of tracks... Racing bike make less noise than road bikes...

the new position of the exhaust

Old 05-12-2013, 03:10 AM   #3011
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...
Haha... I've never seen Motherwell in anything close to 8C... Lord I was freezing me buttocks off each time I was there. Same for Lanark. Those are definitely my "coldest" memories (for multiple reasons... ).
Anyway - what's there in Stafford actuallly? Got a friend there, she never mentioned anything...

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:47 AM   #3012
afk40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
I mentioned Stafford, because i was askin if anyone was at the Lanark bike show run by carol nash.. as i was there the last to years an it was crap.... one wee hall wi around 50 bikes on show, an the rest jumble an wee stalls... i mentioned stafford, cause thats were the BIG auto jumble an bike show is held.. furget yer big fancy shows were all the top competieters are the Birmingham show... Stafford showground Motorcycle mechanics show is were its at,, espcialy the october one... I wasnt refering to weather...Ye Know I went to Israel oh 13 years ago.. it was mid june,, an the weather here was 13c when a left.. its never been as cold as that here that i can rember since that time... when a stepped off the plane in Tel a viv...it was 48c.... a was sweating buckets...

ye know the problem wi all they warm countries,, like the states.. Oz ,, spain..etc,.. us worldlings fae Scotland wid have a nanny roony.. cause we`d be in a dilema every morning.... wondering what colour o shorts to wear.....h ah ah ah ha
afk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:24 AM   #3013
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
I mentioned Stafford, because i was askin if anyone was at the Lanark bike show run by carol nash.. as i was there the last to years an it was crap.... one wee hall wi around 50 bikes on show, an the rest jumble an wee stalls... i mentioned stafford, cause thats were the BIG auto jumble an bike show is held.. furget yer big fancy shows were all the top competieters are the Birmingham show... Stafford showground Motorcycle mechanics show is were its at,, espcialy the october one... I wasnt refering to weather...Ye Know I went to Israel oh 13 years ago.. it was mid june,, an the weather here was 13c when a left.. its never been as cold as that here that i can rember since that time... when a stepped off the plane in Tel a viv...it was 48c.... a was sweating buckets...

ye know the problem wi all they warm countries,, like the states.. Oz ,, spain..etc,.. us worldlings fae Scotland wid have a nanny roony.. cause we`d be in a dilema every morning.... wondering what colour o shorts to wear.....h ah ah ah ha

Yeah, I know that you were referring to some show and not the weather. Just wanted to know which show there was as I didn't know there was any. So cheers for enlightening me!

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #3014
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
big work on this bike!!!

Big engine, it is a 750 (year 1990) with 128 bhp!!!!!

Special shock by Shock Factory
Special forks by DIP Racing

Etc...

It will be good

May be one day you will try it

HaHa - I think it's better you crash your own bikes!
Seriously though, it's a kind offer...thanks....maybe if I get to France again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
GRRRR the ecologists and their fight against the noise (against all in fact). In France the max is 95db on lots of tracks... Racing bike make less noise than road bikes...

the new position of the exhaust

That's bonkers! - Race bikes have to be quieter than road bikes!
Old 05-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #3015
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
It is the same on this side of "the pond".
We had snow in May! The first time since the last Ice Age.
Luckily it seems to have finally passed, today is basically perfect.
It's good to hear we haven't been suffering alone! .....but today here is less than 'perfect' ... 9C, grey and wet..... and apparently we may get snow on Tuesday! ..in mid May!