ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #3001
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
big work on this bike!!!

Big engine, it is a 750 (year 1990) with 128 bhp!!!!!

Special shock by Shock Factory
Special forks by DIP Racing

Etc...

It will be good

May be one day you will try it
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #3002
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: N.W. Arkansas
Oddometer: 1,522
Bluhduh winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks mate ........it's much appreciated.

Any kind of 'summer' would be welcome at the moment ...we still seem to be stuck in winter ! This is the worst start to a year 'weather-wise' that I can remember....Surely it must change soon.....
It is the same on this side of "the pond".
We had snow in May! The first time since the last Ice Age.
Luckily it seems to have finally passed, today is basically perfect.
__________________
You can call me TKO
tokyoklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #3003
afk40
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Gods Country...Scotland
Oddometer: 86
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...
afk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:55 AM   #3004
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
GRRRR the ecologists and their fight against the noise (against all in fact). In France the max is 95db on lots of tracks... Racing bike make less noise than road bikes...

the new position of the exhaust








__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #3005
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...
Haha... I've never seen Motherwell in anything close to 8C... Lord I was freezing me buttocks off each time I was there. Same for Lanark. Those are definitely my "coldest" memories (for multiple reasons... ).
Anyway - what's there in Stafford actuallly? Got a friend there, she never mentioned anything...
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #3006
afk40
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Location: Gods Country...Scotland
Oddometer: 86
I mentioned Stafford, because i was askin if anyone was at the Lanark bike show run by carol nash.. as i was there the last to years an it was crap.... one wee hall wi around 50 bikes on show, an the rest jumble an wee stalls... i mentioned stafford, cause thats were the BIG auto jumble an bike show is held.. furget yer big fancy shows were all the top competieters are the Birmingham show... Stafford showground Motorcycle mechanics show is were its at,, espcialy the october one... I wasnt refering to weather...Ye Know I went to Israel oh 13 years ago.. it was mid june,, an the weather here was 13c when a left.. its never been as cold as that here that i can rember since that time... when a stepped off the plane in Tel a viv...it was 48c.... a was sweating buckets...

ye know the problem wi all they warm countries,, like the states.. Oz ,, spain..etc,.. us worldlings fae Scotland wid have a nanny roony.. cause we`d be in a dilema every morning.... wondering what colour o shorts to wear.....h ah ah ah ha
afk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #3007
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
I mentioned Stafford, because i was askin if anyone was at the Lanark bike show run by carol nash.. as i was there the last to years an it was crap.... one wee hall wi around 50 bikes on show, an the rest jumble an wee stalls... i mentioned stafford, cause thats were the BIG auto jumble an bike show is held.. furget yer big fancy shows were all the top competieters are the Birmingham show... Stafford showground Motorcycle mechanics show is were its at,, espcialy the october one... I wasnt refering to weather...Ye Know I went to Israel oh 13 years ago.. it was mid june,, an the weather here was 13c when a left.. its never been as cold as that here that i can rember since that time... when a stepped off the plane in Tel a viv...it was 48c.... a was sweating buckets...

ye know the problem wi all they warm countries,, like the states.. Oz ,, spain..etc,.. us worldlings fae Scotland wid have a nanny roony.. cause we`d be in a dilema every morning.... wondering what colour o shorts to wear.....h ah ah ah ha


Yeah, I know that you were referring to some show and not the weather. Just wanted to know which show there was as I didn't know there was any. So cheers for enlightening me!
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #3008
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
big work on this bike!!!

Big engine, it is a 750 (year 1990) with 128 bhp!!!!!

Special shock by Shock Factory
Special forks by DIP Racing

Etc...

It will be good

May be one day you will try it

HaHa - I think it's better you crash your own bikes!
Seriously though, it's a kind offer...thanks....maybe if I get to France again...





Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
GRRRR the ecologists and their fight against the noise (against all in fact). In France the max is 95db on lots of tracks... Racing bike make less noise than road bikes...

the new position of the exhaust

That's bonkers! - Race bikes have to be quieter than road bikes!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #3009
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoklahoma View Post
It is the same on this side of "the pond".
We had snow in May! The first time since the last Ice Age.
Luckily it seems to have finally passed, today is basically perfect.
It's good to hear we haven't been suffering alone! .....but today here is less than 'perfect' ... 9C, grey and wet..... and apparently we may get snow on Tuesday! ..in mid May!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #3010
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...

Sorry no, never been to the Lanark Bike Show ...we only tend to do the Scottish Bike Show in Edinburgh ..and even then we only go now and then (not been for a couple of years now).

I hear you on the weather front - We were going to be out on our usual Sunday rideout today but when we saw the forecast for cold and rain it got called off in favour of just meeting up for breakfast and a chat.

I did manage to get up early and go for a wee blast before the rain arrived this morning.

Before getting out on the Stokiemuir I took a quick spin round the city to get a few 'urban shots' of lovely Glasgow...the good thing about going early on a Sunday morning is it is quiet with most folk still in bed.....

Blytheswood Sq - Looking down into the city...



Buchanan St looking down to St Enochs

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #3011
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
HaHa - I think it's better you crash your own bikes!
Seriously though, it's a kind offer...thanks....maybe if I get to France again...








That's bonkers! - Race bikes have to be quieter than road bikes!

The GIXXER 600/750 K6 to K8 can't ride on may tracks cause they make too much noise with the suzuki exhaust. It is incredible!!!

In France we have big problems with the ecologists. There are not a lot, but they are in the government and they forbid all, the off road, the track, the race, the industries, the new airports, etc... There are a real problem now
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:15 PM   #3012
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Buchanan St. again



Getting 'photobombed' by some 'yoof' in George Sq. (his mate wanted a ride on the gixxer)........





Under the Kingston Bridge that carries the M8 motorway over the Clyde river...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #3013
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Sorry no, never been to the Lanark Bike Show ...we only tend to do the Scottish Bike Show in Edinburgh ..and even then we only go now and then (not been for a couple of years now).

I hear you on the weather front - We were going to be out on our usual Sunday rideout today but when we saw the forecast for cold and rain it got called off in favour of just meeting up for breakfast and a chat.

I did manage to get up early and go for a wee blast before the rain arrived this morning.

Before getting out on the Stokiemuir I took a quick spin round the city to get a few 'urban shots' of lovely Glasgow...the good thing about going early on a Sunday morning is it is quiet with most folk still in bed.....

Blytheswood Sq - Looking down into the city...



Buchanan St looking down to St Enochs

How can you keep your bike always clean???
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:44 AM   #3014
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild
 
Elder_Rogue's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Alvord, TX
Oddometer: 139


I hope you don't mind this, yesterday my son came over for mother's day. My wife and I on our Vstrom and Josh on his 600RR took a ride through the country, this is a shot he took of his bike next to a future project of mine.
__________________
Loser Gone Wild

Elder_Rogue screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 07:03 AM
Elder_Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #3015
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
How can you keep your bike always clean???

It's not that clean really ...if you look closely - look at all the dirt on that front tyre in the 'under Kingston Bridge' pic above...

Seriously ...in reality if you get up close my bike is pockmarked with stone chip marks ...my fault for getting too close behind folk taking pics ( my camera has stone chip scars too ).
I do tend to wash the bike down after every ride-out however...just a 30 mins handwash with a bucket and sponge/cloth keeps it looking sort of clean.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014