Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #3016
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
Summer !!!.. Man it was cold the day in motherwell... 8c an rain... brrrrr, did anyone go tae the bike show at lanark.. last year on teh saturday it boasted 1200 bikes.. sun was shinin... but a bet there wasnt 12 there the day unless the die hards were there... i passed it by last year on teh sat,, an went on teh sunday it was peein down... a wis thinkin goin the morra, but really there wasnt much there last year... after yeve been tae Stafford.. nuthin else seems the same...

Sorry no, never been to the Lanark Bike Show ...we only tend to do the Scottish Bike Show in Edinburgh ..and even then we only go now and then (not been for a couple of years now).

I hear you on the weather front - We were going to be out on our usual Sunday rideout today but when we saw the forecast for cold and rain it got called off in favour of just meeting up for breakfast and a chat.

I did manage to get up early and go for a wee blast before the rain arrived this morning.

Before getting out on the Stokiemuir I took a quick spin round the city to get a few 'urban shots' of lovely Glasgow...the good thing about going early on a Sunday morning is it is quiet with most folk still in bed.....

Blytheswood Sq - Looking down into the city...

Buchanan St looking down to St Enochs

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #3017
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
HaHa - I think it's better you crash your own bikes!
Seriously though, it's a kind offer...thanks....maybe if I get to France again...

That's bonkers! - Race bikes have to be quieter than road bikes!

The GIXXER 600/750 K6 to K8 can't ride on may tracks cause they make too much noise with the suzuki exhaust. It is incredible!!!

In France we have big problems with the ecologists. There are not a lot, but they are in the government and they forbid all, the off road, the track, the race, the industries, the new airports, etc... There are a real problem now
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #3018
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Buchanan St. again

Getting 'photobombed' by some 'yoof' in George Sq. (his mate wanted a ride on the gixxer)........

Under the Kingston Bridge that carries the M8 motorway over the Clyde river...

Old 05-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #3019
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sorry no, never been to the Lanark Bike Show ...we only tend to do the Scottish Bike Show in Edinburgh ..and even then we only go now and then (not been for a couple of years now).

I hear you on the weather front - We were going to be out on our usual Sunday rideout today but when we saw the forecast for cold and rain it got called off in favour of just meeting up for breakfast and a chat.

I did manage to get up early and go for a wee blast before the rain arrived this morning.

Before getting out on the Stokiemuir I took a quick spin round the city to get a few 'urban shots' of lovely Glasgow...the good thing about going early on a Sunday morning is it is quiet with most folk still in bed.....

Blytheswood Sq - Looking down into the city...

Buchanan St looking down to St Enochs

How can you keep your bike always clean???
Old 05-13-2013, 05:44 AM   #3020
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 139

I hope you don't mind this, yesterday my son came over for mother's day. My wife and I on our Vstrom and Josh on his 600RR took a ride through the country, this is a shot he took of his bike next to a future project of mine.

Elder_Rogue screwed with this post 05-13-2013 at 06:03 AM
Elder_Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #3021
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
How can you keep your bike always clean???

It's not that clean really ...if you look closely - look at all the dirt on that front tyre in the 'under Kingston Bridge' pic above...

Seriously ...in reality if you get up close my bike is pockmarked with stone chip marks ...my fault for getting too close behind folk taking pics ( my camera has stone chip scars too ).
I do tend to wash the bike down after every ride-out however...just a 30 mins handwash with a bucket and sponge/cloth keeps it looking sort of clean.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:50 AM   #3022
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder_Rogue View Post

I hope you don't mind this, yesterday my son came over for mother's day. My wife and I on our Vstrom and Josh on his 600RR took a ride through the country, this is a shot he took of his bike next to a future project of mine.

No worries, - nice pic ...nice bike and nice project! - What's not to like!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #3023
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Some more from Sunday ... Murals under the bridge ..

The view in the other direction ....Kingston Bridge supports ...

More murals further down the riverfront ..this time under the rail bridge ..

Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #3024
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
It's not that clean really ...if you look closely - look at all the dirt on that front tyre in the 'under Kingston Bridge' pic above...

Seriously ...in reality if you get up close my bike is pockmarked with stone chip marks ...my fault for getting too close behind folk taking pics ( my camera has stone chip scars too ).
I do tend to wash the bike down after every ride-out however...just a 30 mins handwash with a bucket and sponge/cloth keeps it looking sort of clean.
NO NO NO your bikes are always clean, perfectly clean

Mine is always dirty
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #3025
Rodder066
Gotta Ride

Oddometer: 12
Great pics Kamchat, never thought Glasgow had such interesting architecture. Putting the gixxer in gives a great perspective to the backgrounds as always. And you've got the Commonwealth Games coming soon. If you get a chance to show some of the work around that location would be good as I assume they will spend big on city refurbs and new sporting facilities.

Rgds
Old 05-15-2013, 03:36 AM   #3026
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodder066 View Post
Great pics Kamchat, never thought Glasgow had such interesting architecture. Putting the gixxer in gives a great perspective to the backgrounds as always. And you've got the Commonwealth Games coming soon. If you get a chance to show some of the work around that location would be good as I assume they will spend big on city refurbs and new sporting facilities.

Rgds

Thanks . Yes there is quite a lot of building going on for next years Games. The main site is over on the east side of Glasgow...one of the cycle routes we use was closed by the river for the past year due to building work and we had to divert right round the site. I will try to snap some pics next time we are out that way. There is also building going on for new hotels and a big music arena timed to be ready for when the Games begin. Again I will get some pics up in the coming weeks.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #3027
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Yesterday was 6C and wet ..although it did brighten up in the evening so I managed to get a quick run out after tea.

This is in the countryside north of Glasgow near Balfron...

Lone gixxer - Trossachs to the north...

Campsies to the south -
Old 05-15-2013, 03:50 AM   #3028
ssason
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:

that´s an awesome pic....

www.arcor-kompass-trophy.de
ssason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #3029
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssason View Post
that´s an awesome pic....

Thank you. One day I must try to get a good camera and try to do the scenery justice...in the meantime the results from the wee Canon are not bad considering it's only a £100 camera. Unfortunately other things keep swallowing my money first ...like petrol and tyres.....
Old 05-15-2013, 12:20 PM   #3030
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Some more from last night....In Balfron...

..and out on the A875