Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #3061
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,897
Ironic - Friday (workday) sunny, miserable all weekend then back to sunshine (and work) on Monday..and Tuesday ....

The only answer was to get out for evening rides after work....so Monday the temps were 24C at 5:00 pm and we were in the rush hour traffic heading out of Glasgow for a run up to Strathyre for the evening.

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #3062
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Your tire is a bit dead

Your roads are so great!!

The "mother" is really old, 1990!!! , in fact not the "mother" but the grandma

Errr..yes the tyre has had a good life ..... and has done another couple of hundred miles since that pic.....

This was her tonight ......

Out on the Stockiemuir for a play ....

'Grandma' is 23 yrs old then ...... but she looks like new.....

btw - new tyres coming on Thursday...
Old 05-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #3063
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
20 years is a century in the world of sport bikes ...

You have nice cars on your roads...
Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #3064
danno2012
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Wink hagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLiz View Post
Whoah haggis and chips??? I grew up with haggis (unusual for an American - we used to smuggle them across the border from Canada), but never thought of pairing it with chips!

Glad to see you're getting some great rides in! I need to get my bikes out and stretch them out...:)

AkLiz (more correctly, should be PortlandLiz -I'm no longer in the Last Frontier!)
Wow you had to smuggle them in from Canada?
Weve been throwing them accross the border for years!
Havnt hit anyone yet though
danno2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:01 PM   #3065
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 592
So you made Sarah ride while you took the car out for a spin.

h
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #3066
afk40
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
kamchat.. whit can I say .. what another load a great pics.. please tell us the camera ye used again please... an where exactly do ye have mounted,, as surley ye cannae be takin that out yer pocket every picture an taking them all wi no vibes,, theres isnt a picture thats got camera shudder in it....

when ye wir blatting around the military road an past teh grre teapot,, i noticed one o yer pics, of a decent sized church in the background wi a wee stone wall in front o it... where is that situated,,as ave never saw that before,,an am jist wonderin where it is...??

am a Big Traily guy.. a couldnt get tae any speeds that you guys get up to an Gals, but I like tae plod,, i like tae tist the throttle when a can mind ye,, but a current steed is a Klr 650.. not the fastest or the shineyest bike ive had,, but I do get there wi decent gas consumption....

again I remember a few posts back ,,ye said when someone asked about buyin somethin or oter..ye said... all ma money goes on tyres an gas.... whao,, i never thought o that before... especialy wi the superbike mob,, as a rear tyre will only do ye`s whit... 1500 mile or so, an at a 150 squid a hit ,, it cannae be cheap.. an theres yer gas.. wit ye`s gettin ?? around 35mpg ??

if yer ever up South queens ferry on a nice nite,, check out the Bikers cove cafe,, on a guid nite there quite a few bikes... its situated right under the Rail Bridge wi STUNNING views.... especially on a nice nite..

oh an by the way I stopped fur a Nougat wafer or as we call them a Black Man... the nite there at Coia`s in Armadale... Great ice cream... some one onhere mentioned another guid ice cream place... where was that.??? anyway,, Coia`s in armadale is open tae 11.45pm every nite....

how do I post pics... ???? cheers.. it was nice the nite fur a wee scoot aboot on oor scoots... a wis out masel.... loved it... ching ching/ John
afk40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #3067
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
20 years is a century in the world of sport bikes ...

You have nice cars on your roads...

We have plenty of crap cars too....I just don't tend to take pics of them..
Old 05-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #3068
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
So you made Sarah ride while you took the car out for a spin.
h

If only !..........Having said that, I would still rather be riding my bike.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #3069
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by afk40 View Post
kamchat.. whit can I say .. what another load a great pics.. please tell us the camera ye used again please... an where exactly do ye have mounted,, as surley ye cannae be takin that out yer pocket every picture an taking them all wi no vibes,, theres isnt a picture thats got camera shudder in it....

when ye wir blatting around the military road an past teh grre teapot,, i noticed one o yer pics, of a decent sized church in the background wi a wee stone wall in front o it... where is that situated,,as ave never saw that before,,an am jist wonderin where it is...??

am a Big Traily guy.. a couldnt get tae any speeds that you guys get up to an Gals, but I like tae plod,, i like tae tist the throttle when a can mind ye,, but a current steed is a Klr 650.. not the fastest or the shineyest bike ive had,, but I do get there wi decent gas consumption....

again I remember a few posts back ,,ye said when someone asked about buyin somethin or oter..ye said... all ma money goes on tyres an gas.... whao,, i never thought o that before... especialy wi the superbike mob,, as a rear tyre will only do ye`s whit... 1500 mile or so, an at a 150 squid a hit ,, it cannae be cheap.. an theres yer gas.. wit ye`s gettin ?? around 35mpg ??

if yer ever up South queens ferry on a nice nite,, check out the Bikers cove cafe,, on a guid nite there quite a few bikes... its situated right under the Rail Bridge wi STUNNING views.... especially on a nice nite..

oh an by the way I stopped fur a Nougat wafer or as we call them a Black Man... the nite there at Coia`s in Armadale... Great ice cream... some one onhere mentioned another guid ice cream place... where was that.??? anyway,, Coia`s in armadale is open tae 11.45pm every nite....

how do I post pics... ???? cheers.. it was nice the nite fur a wee scoot aboot on oor scoots... a wis out masel.... loved it... ching ching/ John

Thanks, glad to hear you like the pics. My current camera is a Canon Powershot SX130. It's a bit battered now and has several chips in the lense from stone chips...but it still can take fairly decent pics and for what is now a £100 camera I certainly have had my money's worth out of it.

Regarding 'mounts' ?... no, every photo on this thread has been taken 'hand held'. I don't have any mounts.

Nowt wrong with a KLR or just 'plodding' about .. I plod about too sometimes ...and those big trail bikes can get a 'hustle on' if needed ...I have ridden with a couple of guys on KTM990 Adveturers ....and they were damn quick on these twisty roads.

Yeah ...I probably get around 2,000 miles out of a rear tyre if I am lucky ...and they tend to cost around £130. ..Although sometimes I get cheaper track day cast-offs from a mate. As for consumption, yes, around 35/36 to the gallon sounds about right...although if we take it easier we can probably get about 40.

Yep, we've been to South Queensferry a couple of times - great views of the bridge and the Firth of Forth.

The other good ice cream came from the Hillfoot Café in near Milngavie, Glasgow.

The church you were asking about is on the A814 just as you come into Arrochar about a 100 yds before the Pitstop Diner. You may well have passed it without noticing as the view across the loch in the opposite direction tends to distract the eye and grab your attention.

http://goo.gl/maps/SEiXE

Regarding posting pics .......there is a thread here that may help.....

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=919

Good luck....

ps. The link mentions opening smugmug or photobucket accounts.......I use Flickr which has just upgraded it's service giving you virtually unlimited photo storage for free - (One Terabyte, which is over 500,000 photos).

Cheers

Kam/John

Kamchat screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 12:38 PM
Old 05-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #3070
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Back to Monday evening - Sarah and I rode up to Callander to the Meadows Car Park ..it is a popular meeting place for bikers on sunny evenings .....

Met up with Mark on his R1 and his wife Charly on her R6 for a run up to Strathyre for a brew.... Following the girls...

Kamchat screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 12:52 PM
Old 05-22-2013, 01:29 PM   #3071
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Heading back to Glasgow in the low, setting, sunlight.....

Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #3072
Elder_Rogue
Loser Gone Wild

Oddometer: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Heading back to Glasgow in the low, setting, sunlight.....
So how far do you ride in the afternoon/evening?

Is it to and back or is it circle trip, meaning not traveling the same roads twice?
Old 05-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #3073
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder_Rogue View Post
So how far do you ride in the afternoon/evening?

Is it to and back or is it circle trip, meaning not traveling the same roads twice?

Hi there... it's 'to and back' and about 87 miles in total.

http://goo.gl/maps/uqgfr
Old 05-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #3074
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
You have sunny weather... you are so lucky!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #3075
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
You have sunny weather... you are so lucky!!!

You are right...I do feel lucky to have had a few sunny days ...but then I think - Hang on! It's summer! - It's supposed to be sunny!

But the winter just seemed to last forever this year - right up to mid May. ...not so sunny today ..but it's looking good for the weekend.....let's hope it holds, ..and I hope you are getting your share too now.

Couple from Tuesday evening ..stopped on the way home at the Riverside Museum to get some shots..