ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #3121
dekstur
n00b
 
dekstur's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Burgas, Bulgaria
Oddometer: 7
Hi John. My last post here was two years ago and .....LoL... many things have happened to you - new motorcycles, new friends, but some things are the same - great pictures, great scenery, fish and chips, muffins, tea and of course my poor english . I wish you lots of sunshine and flawless miles.

Cheers to all . Greetings from BG.
dekstur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:41 AM   #3122
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekstur View Post
Hi John. My last post here was two years ago and .....LoL... many things have happened to you - new motorcycles, new friends, but some things are the same - great pictures, great scenery, fish and chips, muffins, tea and of course my poor english . I wish you lots of sunshine and flawless miles.

Cheers to all . Greetings from BG.
Hi dekstur, good to hear from you again, and thanks for the comment and greetings. Two years! - 'time flies when you are having fun'..... I hope it has been a good two years for you too.

Greetings from a sunny Scotland to Bulgaria (which will be a lot hotter no doubt).

The evenings are now long with it not getting dark till 10;00 which is good as we can get longer evening runs in. This was Tuesday evening up in Strathyre around 8:45 pm ..getting ready to start the ride back home.




Kamchat screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 06:11 AM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:18 AM   #3123
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 621
so beautiful weather... Hope it will stay like that!!


A pic for you Kam. I was on train to back home, and i was with...

Fast Freddy, Freddie Spencer

__________________
Live To RIDE

bubu screwed with this post 06-06-2013 at 12:49 PM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #3124
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
so beautiful weather... Hope it will stay like that!!


A pic for you Kam. I was on train to back home, and i was with...

Fast Freddy, Freddie Spencer


bubu - awesome stuff! The guy is a legend ...two time Moto GP champion and Champion at 21 ....also winner of 250 & 500 championship in the same year !......Did you recognise him straight away ? It has been a while since I saw any pics of him ...mind you he hasn't changed that much despite the passage of 30 years ...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:21 AM   #3125
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 621
I was on the train and i saw him. I said in my head, "i know this guy!! NOOWWWWAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY it is ET!!! it is Fast Freddy!!"

and after i asked him if is he Freddy and he answered yes!!

So fabulous!!! I sopke with him during 1 hour and half. He is really kind!!!

When i was young i watched him at the tv, i watched when he got his 2 titles in the same season, and in my head all was clear i raced!!!

THANKS A LOT FREDDY!!!
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #3126
Bugchewer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Bugchewer's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Hills of Wyoming County, WNY maple syrup & cheese!
Oddometer: 382
You are going to die

wow that is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Someone asked for a castle?

Eileen Donnan Castle




not too many of those in NY state. really enjoy the pics.
__________________
It seems humans would rather die than change or admit that they are mistaken - Richard Rohr
Bugchewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #3127
limeymike
Who Me?
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Dakota Territories.
Oddometer: 552
Yeah, Kam & Sarah's summer retreat, he keeps his yaht moored around the corner. They are the owners of Suzuki UK, not many people know that.







limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #3128
burgerking
echt bezopen
 
Joined: Oct 2005
Location: Holland
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
so beautiful weather... Hope it will stay like that!!


A pic for you Kam. I was on train to back home, and i was with...

Fast Freddy, Freddie Spencer

Finally we get to see the famous mr Bubu in person

and some other bloke that used to race a bit.

Must be real special to meet one's hero

(sorry for the threadjack Kam, pics are great as ever, pity Scotland is not around the corner)
burgerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #3129
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Finally we get to see the famous mr Bubu in person

and some other bloke that used to race a bit.

Must be real special to meet one's hero

(sorry for the threadjack Kam, pics are great as ever, pity Scotland is not around the corner)

My face on pic, it is very rare

Special not really, but a great moment of exchange ( 1h and 30 min alone with him on a train ) about the race, the other racers (old and modern) and the world. And more important i met a real friendly guy, a real man with a big M, generous and very interesting...

Freddy is not like modern racers! he is human, really human... and this is the most important.
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #3130
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugchewer View Post
wow that is awesome!




not too many of those in NY state. really enjoy the pics.
Cheers .... it is a stunning castle .......I'm hoping to get back up to the Kyle of Lochalsh again this summer. Apart from Eilean Donan Castle as a fantastic destination the roads up are fantastic.

Btw here is a webcam for the castle so you can see what it looks like at any given moment.

http://www.eileandonancastle.com/eilean-donan-webcam.htm
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #3131
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
Yeah, Kam & Sarah's summer retreat, he keeps his yaht moored around the corner. They are the owners of Suzuki UK, not many people know that.




Ha Ha, - if only! .... I'll keep buying the lottery tickets and hoping..
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #3132
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerking View Post
Finally we get to see the famous mr Bubu in person

and some other bloke that used to race a bit.

Must be real special to meet one's hero

(sorry for the threadjack Kam, pics are great as ever, pity Scotland is not around the corner)

No worries ... and Scotland IS around the corner! - It's just a pretty big corner!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #3133
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
My face on pic, it is very rare

Special not really, but a great moment of exchange ( 1h and 30 min alone with him on a train ) about the race, the other racers (old and modern) and the world. And more important i met a real friendly guy, a real man with a big M, generous and very interesting...

Freddy is not like modern racers! he is human, really human... and this is the most important.

That is really great - that he spent over an hour chatting with you. Respect to Freddy for 'keeping it real'. . sounds like a all round top bloke ..as well as a racing legend.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #3134
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
That is really great - that he spent over an hour chatting with you. Respect to Freddy for 'keeping it real'. . sounds like a all round top bloke ..as well as a racing legend.
I saw the racing legend, now i know the man!!! and for me, he is greater now!!!

Many "legends" or "star" should take example on Freddy.


Hope one day i will do a track day with him
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #3135
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,754
You may recall I posted a few pics from the Sma Glen last week ...looking back down the road across the small stone bridge to the tight bend .....see below ...



You can't really see the bridge properly in the above pic so here is one taken from below by the river...



The bridge is nearly 300 years old and like a lot of the roads and bridges was built by General Wade to help troops move about to put down the Jacobite uprising ..this bridge was built in 1730. General Wade built over 240 miles of roads and 35 bridges connecting forts for the British troops to be able to move about quickly.





Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014