ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #3136
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
hope the weather will be like that in 6 weeks...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:12 AM   #3137
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Hey bubu

I see that Freddie Spencer was on his way to meet Marc Marquez in Bordeaux when you met him.

Although you may have actually had more time with him than Marquez got.

Found this on MotoGP site.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Spencer+impressed+by+recordbreaking+Marquez
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #3138
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Hey bubu

I see that Freddie Spencer was on his way to meet Marc Marquez in Bordeaux when you met him.

Although you may have actually had more time with him than Marquez got.

Found this on MotoGP site.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2013/Spencer+impressed+by+recordbreaking+Marquez

I know i am a lucky guy
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:31 AM   #3139
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Sunday: Normally our ride-out day. But because this Sunday was father's Day and British Superbikes was having it's Scottish round at Knockhill there was a poor uptake for the run ..and when on Sunday morning I got a phone call with an offer of free tickets to the Superbike Racing, Sarah and I found ourselves heading up to Knockhill for the day.

Heading down Great Western Road...



..and on to the M8 ..


45 mins later we are in Fife, parking up at Knockhill race circuit..



made it just in time to pick up our tickets at the main gate and grab something to eat before the first round of BSB ....... Found a spot to watch near the end of the Start/Finish straight....

Shakey chasing Josh Brookes into the bend at the end of the straight...



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #3140
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
On the way through the pit area I had stopped to grab a pic of Niall Mackenzie's (3 time BSB Champion '96 '97 & '98) Championship winning 'Boost' Yamaha bike.



Imagine my surprise then whilst watching the race, when I turn round to find Niall himself stood right next to Sarah watching the race with us!



Of course I had to say 'Hi' and grab a pic of him with Sarah..

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:00 AM   #3141
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Shakey won race one and before the 600's races we moved down to watch from the hairpin but not before wandering through the pit area and stopping to say 'Hi' to my daughter who was working for the WK Bikes team.

Ok, I'm a proud Dad - and it was father's day! :-



My daughter with team rider David Johnson, Australian TT rider ...



posing for official team sponsor (Tsingtao beer) photos ..

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:04 AM   #3142
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Sarah was also glad to grab a cold drink .... it was hot - I even got sun burned! (yes, in Scotland!!)



These things do look awesome ....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:52 AM   #3143
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post






Knockhill is a marvelous track!!!!!! one day i will race on it...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:56 AM   #3144
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post


Imagine my surprise then whilst watching the race, when I turn round to find Niall himself stood right next to Sarah watching the race with us!



Of course I had to say 'Hi' and grab a pic of him with Sarah..

No way Niall !!!!! congratulations?

This threat become famous
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:58 AM   #3145
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Sarah was also glad to grab a cold drink .... it was hot - I even got sun burned! (yes, in Scotland!!)



These things do look awesome ....

CHEERS Sarah

LCR soooo good, like KRAUSER, SHELBOURN, etc...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:59 AM   #3146
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Shakey won race one and before the 600's races we moved down to watch from the hairpin but not before wandering through the pit area and stopping to say 'Hi' to my daughter who was working for the WK Bikes team.

Ok, I'm a proud Dad - and it was father's day! :-



My daughter with team rider David Johnson, Australian TT rider ...



posing for official team sponsor (Tsingtao beer) photos ..

...
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 06:10 AM   #3147
Blumtnman
Rider
 
Blumtnman's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Blue Mountains Australia
Oddometer: 244
Thumb

Great post Kam, fantastic pics as always .
__________________
Born to ride.
Blumtnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:41 AM   #3148
limeymike
Who Me?
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Dakota Territories.
Oddometer: 541
Looks like you had a great day at BSB, thanks for taking us along.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:56 PM   #3149
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
CHEERS Sarah

LCR soooo good, like KRAUSER, SHELBOURN, etc...

Some more sidecar loveliness...





Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #3150
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
Great post Kam, fantastic pics as always .

Cheers - Really glad you like them...
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014