ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2013, 07:05 AM   #3526
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1d1 View Post
My first "big" bike after I passed my test on my RD250DX was an XS850. I loved that bike. I'm interested in what Yamaha are going to bring out next year with their new triple engine - rumour has it that the project engineer is a big XS750/850 fan.

I must admit that I really liked my XS750 too....it was pretty good bike....here are a some pics of it back in 1979......with a 'much younger' me. I had hair then!








As for Yamaha's new three cylinder engine ...the new MT-09 seems to be getting great reviews.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #3527
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Kam Tribute



Ha ha ...thanks for 'the tribute' bubu ...and that's a pretty good effort for your first attempt ...much better than my early tries. I see you were out on the ZZR....with Bernadette on pillion .....how are you and her liking the ZZR?
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #3528
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blumtnman View Post
I agree with all the yea sayers. Great ride reports, fantastic pictures. What more could anyone want. Go Kam .

Thanks mate ...you're a star.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #3529
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
My prayers were answered and it stayed mostly dry yesterday so we managed to get out for a full day's ride...



Did about 250 miles including the Oban - Lochgilphead - Inveraray road pictured above ...It's the first time this year, and I had forgotten what great roads they are.... The Lochgilphead to Inveraray section has loads of fast sweeping bends like the one above.....bliss!

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-09-2013 at 07:24 AM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #3530
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Ha ha ...thanks for 'the tribute' bubu ...and that's a pretty good effort for your first attempt ...much better than my early tries. I see you were out on the ZZR....with Bernadette on pillion .....how are you and her liking the ZZR?
Thanks a lot!!!

Bernadette was not my pillion. She rode in front with the CBF. My pillion was friend, and she was a bit scary when i took pics in bends

I like a lot Casimir (the ZZR). It is very different of Froggy (the Z1000), but both are very good. In fact Z is a big toy for fun, ZZR is for riding during long time. I have both and i keep both.

Actually, Casimir is too big for Bernadette. She learns again n again
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #3531
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Thanks a lot!!!

Bernadette was not my pillion. She rode in front with the CBF. My pillion was friend, and she was a bit scary when i took pics in bends

I like a lot Casimir (the ZZR). It is very different of Froggy (the Z1000), but both are very good. In fact Z is a big toy for fun, ZZR is for riding during long time. I have both and i keep both.

Actually, Casimir is too big for Bernadette. She learns again n again


Ah ha.... so that may be a look of terror in that eye in your mirror! Lol! (second pic) .. Brave girl.


Good to hear you are happy with the ZZR ...must be very different in the bends I would imagine.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #3532
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Yesterday's ride....



First things first though...tyres.... these Michelin Pilot Road 3's are amazing...
Graeme tried some on his Panigale as he was going to Italy last month...he has been to Italy and back, then been to Germany to ride the Nurburgring ..and has now done 5000 miles on this tyre ....and it still has loads of tread left.....probably good for another couple of thousand miles ...they are great in the wet for grip ..and pretty good in the dry too..
Loads of tread left..






In fact quite a few in our group are now using them and all think they are great. Three of the nine bikes yesterday were shod with them.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #3533
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Ah ha.... so that may be a look of terror in that eye in your mirror! Lol! (second pic) .. Brave girl.


Good to hear you are happy with the ZZR ...must be very different in the bends I would imagine.
Yes very different but very good too. Just be careful cause when you are on the angle you can't move quickly like the Z, so you must have a very clean style...

pics of my pillion



__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #3534
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Stevie's mate John came along to ride yesterday on his new Z1000....Stealth mode - even the 'Kawasaki badges are all black.




Fill up at Lix Toll.....




A bit later, at the Green Welly ..... this Bimota was parked up ..



Folk travelling with large trailer....



The pesky camera van had moved to the Oban road ...between Tyndrum and Dalmally, several nice folk flashed warnings. God bless 'em.



'The three G's' - Gary, Gordon & Graeme waiting at the lights in Lochawe....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #3535
fraser2312
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Oddometer: 148
It looks like black bikes and pilot road three's are in fashion!
fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #3536
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 7,035
Subscribing...yet another great motorcycle related thread to try and keep up with. Motorcycles, mountain bikes and pictures of each...can't beat that.

Just skimming around as I do in these kinda threads...and I saw you said you take your shots with your left hand and take many...junk the many not worth it and post the good ones. Probably already answered.again..I just hop around...but do you take a glove off on left hand, and how/where do you stow the camera is easy to get it and put it away again??

Great thread again, thanks for sharing.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3537
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Yes very different but very good too. Just be careful cause when you are on the angle you can't move quickly like the Z, so you must have a very clean style...

pics of my pillion

Well done on the 'over the shoulder' shots - it's not easy when you can't see what you are trying to photograph ... and your pillion seems relaxed enough, waving at the camera.

Know what you mean about the ZZR ...the Hayabusa was kind of the same ....not as easy as the full-on sportsbikes to change line on mid corner.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #3538
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
It looks like black bikes and pilot road three's are in fashion!
Probably ! - making me as unfashionable as usual - I have neither.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #3539
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 3,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Subscribing...yet another great motorcycle related thread to try and keep up with. Motorcycles, mountain bikes and pictures of each...can't beat that.

Just skimming around as I do in these kinda threads...and I saw you said you take your shots with your left hand and take many...junk the many not worth it and post the good ones. Probably already answered.again..I just hop around...but do you take a glove off on left hand, and how/where do you stow the camera is easy to get it and put it away again??

Great thread again, thanks for sharing.


Thanks, and welcome to the thread, glad you have liked what you have seen so far.

To answer your questions - I take my left glove off when I am taking pics, and the glove and camera are stowed in a small magnetic 'tank pad' that sits on top of my tank....easy to get at whilst riding.

You can see the tank pad in the pic below.....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #3540
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 7,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks, and welcome to the thread, glad you have liked what you have seen so far.

To answer your questions - I take my left glove off when I am taking pics, and the glove and camera are stowed in a small magnetic 'tank pad' that sits on top of my tank....easy to get at whilst riding.

You can see the tank pad in the pic below....

Thanks for the response.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2015