Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #3541
fraser2312
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
It looks like black bikes and pilot road three's are in fashion!
fraser2312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #3542
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,790
Subscribing...yet another great motorcycle related thread to try and keep up with. Motorcycles, mountain bikes and pictures of each...can't beat that.

Just skimming around as I do in these kinda threads...and I saw you said you take your shots with your left hand and take many...junk the many not worth it and post the good ones. Probably already answered.again..I just hop around...but do you take a glove off on left hand, and how/where do you stow the camera is easy to get it and put it away again??

Great thread again, thanks for sharing.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #3543
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Yes very different but very good too. Just be careful cause when you are on the angle you can't move quickly like the Z, so you must have a very clean style...

pics of my pillion

Well done on the 'over the shoulder' shots - it's not easy when you can't see what you are trying to photograph ... and your pillion seems relaxed enough, waving at the camera.

Know what you mean about the ZZR ...the Hayabusa was kind of the same ....not as easy as the full-on sportsbikes to change line on mid corner.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #3544
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser2312 View Post
It looks like black bikes and pilot road three's are in fashion!
Probably ! - making me as unfashionable as usual - I have neither.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:24 PM   #3545
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Subscribing...yet another great motorcycle related thread to try and keep up with. Motorcycles, mountain bikes and pictures of each...can't beat that.

Just skimming around as I do in these kinda threads...and I saw you said you take your shots with your left hand and take many...junk the many not worth it and post the good ones. Probably already answered.again..I just hop around...but do you take a glove off on left hand, and how/where do you stow the camera is easy to get it and put it away again??

Great thread again, thanks for sharing.

Thanks, and welcome to the thread, glad you have liked what you have seen so far.

To answer your questions - I take my left glove off when I am taking pics, and the glove and camera are stowed in a small magnetic 'tank pad' that sits on top of my tank....easy to get at whilst riding.

You can see the tank pad in the pic below.....

Old 09-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #3546
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks, and welcome to the thread, glad you have liked what you have seen so far.

To answer your questions - I take my left glove off when I am taking pics, and the glove and camera are stowed in a small magnetic 'tank pad' that sits on top of my tank....easy to get at whilst riding.

You can see the tank pad in the pic below....

Thanks for the response.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 AM   #3547
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Thanks for the response.

No worries, you are welcome.

Pics from Sunday ...... By the time we arrived in Oban the sun was shining ...and a lunch was a pleasant affair sitting outside sharing fish n chips with the seagulls...

Old 09-10-2013, 05:51 AM   #3548
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

After lunch we decided to head south to Lochgilphead on the A816, first time this year we have done it ..... it was a good choice...

Ally, leaving Oban ....

On the A816 ..... Oban to Lochgilphead, 37 miles......

Kamchat screwed with this post 09-10-2013 at 05:58 AM
Old 09-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #3549
Frey Bentos
not listening

Oddometer: 641
"Safety" Van. My arse. Over in County Donegal there were a few that caught fire. Tragic really.
Frey Bentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #3550
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
just for you Kam

the road i took today to back home...

When do you come?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:15 PM   #3551
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Up to a whopping page 20.

I think more impressive than the taking one hand off to take great pictures, is the successfully riding the motorcycle AND navigating curves with just the other hand/arm. Is it safe to say you do a lot of peg weighting and tank squeezing with your legs?

And not to take anything away from the photographer...I think Bubu's shots show how good your camera is. I was all excited to get out with my camera(Canon Powershot SD850is) this weekend and try some shots like these, I fear that will not come out as good as your's.

EDIT: One other question: Is it required to wear full suits over there, beit leather or textile?? I think it is great that you all do....so many squids( what we call people here with next to no gear..or riding talent for that matter) here is America. I used to always wear my full leathers when we would do "spirited" riding trips, and of course required for track days.

DougZ73 screwed with this post 09-10-2013 at 12:41 PM
Old 09-10-2013, 12:42 PM   #3552
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 615
I don't use the good mode on the camera i think, and Kam have done it for a long time... He is my master (and my friend)

i started to take pics like that next weekend, it is only my second time. and i try to have MY own style

It is not very difficult. Like on track you must control your bike more with your knees, foot and body, than with your hands and don't watch your camera, watch the road, and feel your hand in the space...

Thanks again to show me that Kam, it is very fun and interesting
Old 09-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #3553
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frey Bentos View Post
"Safety" Van. My arse. Over in County Donegal there were a few that caught fire. Tragic really.

Absolutely, ....I don't mind them calling them 'Safety Cameras' when they park them in built up residential areas or near schools etc....... but out on Rannoch Moor !? ...with no dwellings or pedestrians for miles - it's nothing to do with 'safety' and everything to do with 'revenue collection'.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #3554
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
just for you Kam

the road i took today to back home...

When do you come?

Nice one bubu .....looks like a nice ride home ..... ...good pics too. I see you are 'honing your skillz' .

As for coming to France ?......it will depend on finances ...but I hope maybe next year? Will have to see how business goes this winter.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #3555
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
I don't use the good mode on the camera i think, and Kam have done it for a long time... He is my master (and my friend)

i started to take pics like that next weekend, it is only my second time. and i try to have MY own style

It is not very difficult. Like on track you must control your bike more with your knees, foot and body, than with your hands and don't watch your camera, watch the road, and feel your hand in the space...

Thanks again to show me that Kam, it is very fun and interesting
I hope you took no offense by what I has said in my post to Kam....none was meant.