Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #3571
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Yes. I went through a phase were I was fabricating, and making street fighters. I like that 06/07 GSXR 600/750 tail, so I made my own subframe to merge one onto the SV1k. Glad you like it.

You have done a good job there ....I think it looks better than the standard SV tail unit...and makes the bike more distinctive.

Mind you, being a self-confessed gixxer fan, anything that makes a bike look more gixxerish has to be a good thing! Lol!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 05:04 AM   #3572
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1d1 View Post
Thanks for the pics of your XS750, brought back the memories

There's often one parked in front of Hein Gericke in Edinburgh, it belongs to the manager. It looks in quite good nick, for it's age.

No worries, rooting the pics out certainly brought back memories for me. The XS750 in Edinburgh must be about 30 year's old ...... wonder how many miles it has done? Impressive to hear it is still being used as a regular ride.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:07 AM   #3573
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhopper View Post
Hey great thread Kam, I love the pictures and and it looks like you have some really fantastic roads over there.

Bubu, you should post recipes with your food pics.

Keep the rubber side down guys and gals.
Cheers

Thanks for the comment ...it's always great to know that someone likes the thread/pics. Cheers
Old 09-12-2013, 05:08 AM   #3574
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
i think i know this place

I sure hope so.... Happy memories.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #3575
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

..and because every page should have a pic ...here are a couple from the Sunday before last .... It was a damp day and we only did a wee run up to The Broch café in Strathyre for a late breakfast......

At the Stockie garage ....

Our flock of bikes up at The Broch Cafe ....

Old 09-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #3576
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
I sure hope so.... Happy memories.
of course...
Old 09-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #3577
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,816
Quote:
You have done a good job there ....I think it looks better than the standard SV tail unit...and makes the bike more distinctive.

Mind you, being a self-confessed gixxer fan, anything that makes a bike look more gixxerish has to be a good thing! Lol!
Thanks for the compliment. Makes people look twice, that is for sure.( people who know Suzuki sportbikes anyway)

Up to page 43........but keeping up with new posting too.

EDIT: Up to page 50 now..but have to go spend some time with the wife soon. ;)

Guess who just got a used Canon A720is on Ebay tonight? This guy. LOL I was watching one for $40, but it was to go off at 7 pm, and of course the wife and I were out for a walk with our son. I came back and realized I had forgotten about it. I checked, and it had sold, bout $92..17 bidders. So I bought a "buy it now" one for $54. Hopefully I can get some "Kam" shots this fall. :) This makes my third Canon camera....we got an SD 850is for a wedding gift years ago...a good P&S, and recently just bought last year an EOS Rebel T3(1100D), entry level DSLR. Now I just have to find time to get out and ride, and shoot.

DougZ73 screwed with this post 09-12-2013 at 06:07 PM
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:35 AM   #3578
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. Makes people look twice, that is for sure.( people who know Suzuki sportbikes anyway)

Guess who just got a used Canon A720is on Ebay tonight? This guy. LOL I was watching one for $40, but it was to go off at 7 pm, and of course the wife and I were out for a walk with our son. I came back and realized I had forgotten about it. I checked, and it had sold, bout $92..17 bidders. So I bought a "buy it now" one for $54. Hopefully I can get some "Kam" shots this fall. :) This makes my third Canon camera....we got an SD 850is for a wedding gift years ago...a good P&S, and recently just bought last year an EOS Rebel T3(1100D), entry level DSLR. Now I just have to find time to get out and ride, and shoot.
I have an EOS 1100D. it is a great camera but too heavy to ride with it lol
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #3579
foxaviz
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
..and because every page should have a pic ...here are a couple from the Sunday before last .... It was a damp day and we only did a wee run up to The Broch café in Strathyre for a late breakfast......

At the Stockie garage ....

Our flock of bikes up at The Broch Cafe ....

Just read from page 1 to page 10, you really make me realize that I just open a rider's life chapter! Great bikes, nice roads & great outdoors you guys have out there. Thanks for sharing your precious memories.

Keep the wheels rolling on!

*I'm back continuing page 11 right now*
.... I get bored going in a straight line.
I see a curve in the road..... I get excited. I might even turn around and go through it again.
Journey Photo Album
foxaviz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #3580
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

Yeah, those wives can be quite time consuming can't they?

Good find on the camera front...I was very pleased with my A720is and would probably still be using it today if I hadn't smashed it in the accident.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #3581
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I have an EOS 1100D. it is a great camera but too heavy to ride with it lol
I think that, apart from the worry about smashing a more expensive camera, pretty much any full DSLR camera would be hard to hold and operate just in one hand ? I was getting the feel of one today in a shop and I doubt I could hold it the way I do my compact whilst riding and still be able to get a finger on the shutter button.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:57 AM   #3582
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxaviz View Post
Just read from page 1 to page 10, you really make me realize that I just open a rider's life chapter! Great bikes, nice roads & great outdoors you guys have out there. Thanks for sharing your precious memories.

Keep the wheels rolling on!

*I'm back continuing page 11 right now*

Thanks ....and welcome...I hope I still have a few 'chapters' left in me.

Good luck wading through the next 228 pages!

Cheers again for posting the comment. It's appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #3583
bubu
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I think that, apart from the worry about smashing a more expensive camera, pretty much any full DSLR camera would be hard to hold and operate just in one hand ? I was getting the feel of one today in a shop and I doubt I could hold it the way I do my compact whilst riding and still be able to get a finger on the shutter button.
I use a compact, an old Olympus
Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 AM   #3584
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I use a compact, an old Olympus

Wise choice ...the quality on many 'inexpensive' compacts is so good now that it's not worth the pain of risking dropping an expensive DSLR. Also even if you don't drop it you will find in time that the camera will take 'hits' from flying stone chips and grit ..... the lens on my wee Canon now has several scratches and dinks in it.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #3585
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer

You can never have enough lights and mirrors ...apparently ....

Saw this when we were out yesterday .