ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #3601
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
As we say in America..." Holy Crap". Glad it all worked out.

Been trying to avoid on posting regarding all the older posts, but that news was worthy.


Thanks ..... yes, 'so far so good'...'will be two years soon, that's one of the reason we go cycling, to try and be fitter - for my heart's sake.......Still miss Tails ...that cat was a real character.*sigh*
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM   #3602
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Soooo calm and beautiful. A perfect place to live


Hello Sarah

Certainly looks idyllic to me .... a bit far to commute to work though....

Sarah says hello
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #3603
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
few more of the scooters from Saturday....



From one extreme to another......






I like these separate seats ..with it's own grab rail on the back of the rider's for the pillion to hold on to...



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #3604
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
The camping car is for the batteries?

I don't see the wires between the camping car and the scooters
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #3605
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,827
OK, I am set now. Recognize the one on the right Kam?

__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:30 AM   #3606
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
The camping car is for the batteries?

I don't see the wires between the camping car and the scooters



Lol! ...It's a good point though, - I wonder if there is enough power to run all those lights when they are switched on ?...would be quite impressive to see in the dark if there was.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #3607
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
OK, I am set now. Recognize the one on the right Kam?

Certainly do......brings back memories. Nice trio of Canons you have there . Will look forward to seeing some of the pics from them. Also it will be interesting what you think of the 720is and how it compares to your experience with the bigger, more expensive DSLR. I don't have a DSLR and so don't have anything to compare mine against.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #3608
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Certainly do......brings back memories. Nice trio of Canons you have there . Will look forward to seeing some of the pics from them. Also it will be interesting what you think of the 720is and how it compares to your experience with the bigger, more expensive DSLR. I don't have a DSLR and so don't have anything to compare mine against.
I downloaded a manual last night for the 720 and started playing around with the settings and seeing what it could do. I would say it actually falls in between the SD850is and the DSLR(Rebel EOS T3/1100D). The 720 has more user control over things than the 850 does, but not as many as the DSLR. I still have a lot to learn about using all of my camera's.

The DSLR, right out of the box, took shots much better than the SD850...but I expected it too, and why I purchased it.

You can see in link below too, the DSLR is having some intermittent issues and is going to have to be sent in for warranty repair.



As you can see from the last page in my "Learning Photography" thread, I recently realized I was shooting myself in the foot,so to speak. Last page:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...638849&page=20


I wasn't, but should have been, shooting in the highest size and quality. I was amazed at how close our P&S cam's were in specs, and yet your shots were so much better. Now that I am in the know, I have changed the settings on all my cams and will see how things come out. The guys in that thread give come great advice, and are always willing to share. Frankly, it's awesome.

I have yet to take the DSLR on the bike yet. I will certainly not use that one for the "riding and shooting" shots. I do want to find a good backpack to carry it in, and start taking with me to take still shots.

I had started a Moto Photo Bloggin thread, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...1#post17341401 , but I have not gotten out and added to it as much as I would like to. The goal of that thread is/was to basically be like what your thread actually is. Probably why I like your thread so much..its what I want my thread to be. Most of the shots in there are with the SD850is.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #3609
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
I downloaded a manual last night for the 720 and started playing around with the settings and seeing what it could do. I would say it actually falls in between the SD850is and the DSLR(Rebel EOS T3/1100D). The 720 has more user control over things than the 850 does, but not as many as the DSLR. I still have a lot to learn about using all of my camera's............




Not as much as me ! Good threads btw, I will need to read through the thread on photography tips.
I think every pic on this thread I have taken with the camera set on 'auto' ...as I reckon the camera knows a lot better than I do about which setting to use......I need to start learning more. I have my camera set on 'fine' quality and on 'M1' which is about 6 megapixels ...the camera can shoot at 12 megapixels but 6 seems plenty good enough to me and I can take twice as many pics on the same card. I can't see any difference at the higher 12 mp setting - I suppose if you are wanting to blow the images up to poster size it may make a difference.

Sometimes I do like to mess around with the pictures, to 'experiment'...this was one I took last Saturday ..... I would kind of like it if it was huge on one of the walls in the flat. ...ps... no drugs were involved - it's actually reflections of cranes in the river Clyde.


Kamchat screwed with this post 09-17-2013 at 01:48 PM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #3610
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Not as much as me ! Good threads btw, I will need to read through the thread on photography tips.
I think every pic on this thread I have taken with the camera set on 'auto' ...as I reckon the camera knows a lot better than I do about which setting to use......I need to start learning more. I have my camera set on 'fine' quality and on 'M1' which is about 6 megapixels ...the camera can shoot at 12 megapixels but 6 seems plenty good enough to me and I can take twice as many pics on the same card. I can't see any difference at the higher 12 mp setting - I suppose if you are wanting to blow the images up to poster size it may make a difference.

Sometimes I do like to mess around with the pictures, to 'experiment'...this was one I took last Saturday ..... I would kind of like it if it was huge on one of the walls in the flat. ...ps... no drugs were involved - it's actually reflections of cranes in the river Clyde.

Very nice Kam. No matter what you know about camera usage, no one will deny you have a great eye...especially at speed on the bike.

Nice shot.

Up to page 151 now...hope to get some more in tonight.
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #3611
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
i like this picture a lot Kam!!

great job
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #3612
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Very nice Kam. No matter what you know about camera usage, no one will deny you have a great eye...especially at speed on the bike.

Nice shot.

Up to page 151 now...hope to get some more in tonight.


Thanks ........You are catching up fast! I admire your willpower, wading through so many pics! I would find it quite daunting if I had to start at the beginning of this thread again!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3613
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,857
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
i like this picture a lot Kam!!

great job

Cheers bubu ...... I'll give the 'Tate Modern' a ring and see if they are interested in buying it, Lol!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:49 AM   #3614
DougZ73
Fading off.........
 
DougZ73's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 6,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Thanks ..... yes, 'so far so good'...'will be two years soon, that's one of the reason we go cycling, to try and be fitter - for my heart's sake.......Still miss Tails ...that cat was a real character.*sigh*
I hear you on the cycling too. Bought this last year to get back into mountain biking( and get in better shape for dirtbiking). I have not been one one in almost 20 years..I even amateur raced for a season back then too...also on a GT.




Motorcycles, photography, and cycling...we have a lot in common. I'll have to give you a shout if we ever make it over that way. I did tell then wife that if do make it over there, I am taking a couple days to rent a motorcycle and ride in Scotland. I had no idea until your thread, how great the roads and riding were over there. And, she has an Aunt who live in the UK....Surrey I wanna say..but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: Guildford
__________________
Skyline Drive 11/2010 , Catskills 2010 trip, Catskills 2011 , Southern TNJT, 2011
DougZ's MTB thread , DZ Moto Photo Bloggin' , (my) Learning photography thread, DougZ vids
- Ryder Joseph Z. , Born 11/26/12-- the next Adventure: Grayson Hunter Z., born 5/3/14

DougZ73 screwed with this post 09-18-2013 at 07:21 AM
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #3615
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 647
if you come in UK, Doug, tell it, and we come too with good french wine.


Kam did you drink the last bottle?
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014